Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 09:18 PM
jfe

61 posts, read 284,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipbalm View Post
Been to cheesecake factory and Fogo do Chao here in Houston. Fogo do chao is probably too expensive for EP, I spend 100 bucks for dinner on just me and my wife, yikes! wont go there again.
It's $45 per person, well worth it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2007, 09:46 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,442,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfe View Post
It's $45 per person, well worth it
It's good I will give you that, but from now on I will only go when my company pays for it or an very special occasion (5 year anniversary). How bout Benihanna?

Old 11-25-2007, 01:25 AM

1,418 posts, read 4,917,963 times
To me, what sets cities apart are not what chains they have, but what local botique restaurants they have. Some really nice El Paso steak houses would be great. An El Paso seafood house would be great. Here in Albuquerque, my favorite places aren't Twin Peaks, TGIF, Boston Market, Texas Land and Cattle, Starbucks, etc., but rather Marcellos Chop House, Local Mexican Places, Pelicans (ABQ and ELP), Rudy's, Gecko's, Scarpas, Gruet Steackhouse, Satellite Coffee, etc. I personally think that these are the things that set a city apart. I would like to see more local places like this in El Paso.

Old 11-25-2007, 12:52 PM

90 posts, read 268,912 times
Hobo Joe's.

Old 11-25-2007, 01:32 PM

879 posts, read 3,037,425 times
I think we already have a lot of great local restaurants that do really well here, like Cattleman's Steakhouse, tons of great Mexican restaurants, Cafe Central, Wyngs, Kiki's, Villa Del Mar, well so many good restaurants.. but this is about chains coming here.

My choice would be Buffalo Wild Wings, I've never been there.. but I heard they are good.. I know someone already owns the rights to them in El Paso, so they will probably get built here soon, just not sure when.

Old 11-25-2007, 01:37 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,955,803 times
Default Uh, Mr. Fertitta, Are You Listening?

If El Paso has to have one new chain, it should be Saltgrass. The Landry's franchise does not have a single entry in the El Paso area, and Saltgrass Steak House would be a great choice for that area. Not that Cattleman's is bad, you guys. It's just that El Paso needs a little variety. I think you'll enjoy the flavor of Saltgrass if you don't want to make the drive to Fabens.

And, hey, Cheesecake Factory wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Old 11-25-2007, 01:40 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,955,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuco View Post
I think we already have a lot of great local restaurants that do really well here, like Cattleman's Steakhouse, tons of great Mexican restaurants, Cafe Central, Wyngs, Kiki's, Villa Del Mar, well so many good restaurants.. but this is about chains coming here.

My choice would be Buffalo Wild Wings, I've never been there.. but I heard they are good.. I know someone already owns the rights to them in El Paso, so they will probably get built here soon, just not sure when.
You know, if there's a good local restaurateur "wannabe" or a great chef who wants to set up shop in EP, by all means, let's hope he/she can make inroads here. It would be great.

Old 11-25-2007, 04:20 PM

1,437 posts, read 4,606,826 times
i like the cheesecake factory they used to sell the strawberry chocolate cheese cake at sams but they are so inconsistent on the products they keep in stock that they no longer have it, kinda like the big package of bocaburgers or the individual lagsana 4pack from stoffers i was told these products were no longer available yeah right i can walk into a sams in denver and get all three and i have

Old 11-26-2007, 12:17 PM

90 posts, read 268,912 times
How's the El Paso Denny's any good?

Old 11-26-2007, 01:23 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,954,930 times
It's Denny's.. pretty much the same everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso