Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 01:17 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,137,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
If any of you are wrestling fans, me & my wife saw xpac [wwe dx] in downtown about 1 month ago, we were racing all over downtown trying to track him down, after we met him, he was really nice, signed my sons cap & took a pic with him also.
I know this post is several years old but do you know what X Pac was doing in town? Was there a show here that night?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 05:40 PM

195 posts, read 657,960 times
Paul Smith (UTEP/49ers 2000-2002/Lions 2003-05/ Rams 2006/ Broncos 2007) Ray Mickens (NY Jets 1996-2004/Browns 2005/ NE Patriots 2006), Brian Young (UTEP/Rams 2000-2003/ N.O. Saints 2004-Present) and the rapper DMX. Paul Smith used to come and talk to our football team at Andress in the offseason. He also used to donate cleats and a set of 49ers football pants because we had a guy who didn't fit in our largest pair of football pants so he donated a pair from the 49ers. It matched our uniforms because we wore Maroon & Gold haha. Brian Young and Ray Mickens were guys my sister knew and I saw here in EP once but never actually met them. DMX came to the power jam back in 2003 and I was an employee at Cohen Stadium, anyway while he was doing sound checks i was sitting in the stands. I was like the only employee sitting in the stands because I came a little early everone else was moving ice etc.. DMX game me a shot out that went like this, "Hey you sittin in the stands in the Red, good looking out son." LOL! True story!

Old 10-24-2008, 08:01 PM

200 posts, read 610,357 times
Met Nolan Richardson once & was invited to Ray Ray Micken's wedding, as my best friend was a bridesmaid in his wedding. Didn't go.

Apartments which my grandfather owned appear in The Getaway...does that count?

I was reading the Heroin Diaries a Year & a Life of a Shattered Rock Star by Nikki Sixx (Motley Crue bassist & founder) & was shocked to learn that he spent part of his childhood in El Paso. Has a page & a half devoted to El Paso & even a song. Never met him.

Old 10-29-2008, 02:38 PM

2,625 posts, read 11,218,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistabinks View Post
I know this post is several years old but do you know what X Pac was doing in town? Was there a show here that night?
he was actually wrestling in mexico, and he had a 3 night stand in juarez.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XPac

Last edited by LEVOW; 10-29-2008 at 02:54 PM..

Old 10-29-2008, 03:28 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,137,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
he was actually wrestling in mexico, and he had a 3 night stand in juarez.

Sean Waltman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
How interesting! I know he won an NWA championship at the Coliseum last year. I had to work that day and could not attend the show. I did not know he worked in Juarez.

Was El Paso the Texas town wiki is referring to in the last paragraph?

Old 10-29-2008, 03:41 PM

2,625 posts, read 11,218,834 times
i dont know, he looked ok, kinda had that old stoner/surver vibe to him though, you could tell he had been using for years, he was looking for a nintendo wii for his kids, he was like "you know whre i could find a nintendo wii around here" we were like in downtown, your not going to be able to find one, if you like we could take you to walmart here in the westside if you want to buy one, hes was like," no thats ok" i was like "are you sure", its no problem really, but he declined. [lol] it was kind of hard to believe this was the same guy that i used to see on tv with "dx" and on the the surreal life harrasing chyna drunk.

Old 02-27-2009, 11:40 AM

1,011 posts, read 2,832,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anelizk View Post
I was reading the Heroin Diaries a Year & a Life of a Shattered Rock Star by Nikki Sixx (Motley Crue bassist & founder) & was shocked to learn that he spent part of his childhood in El Paso. Has a page & a half devoted to El Paso & even a song. Never met him.

What part of town did he live in?

Old 02-28-2009, 08:53 PM

49 posts, read 313,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anelizk View Post
The song "El Paso" actually appears on one of his side projects. The band was called "58" and the album was called "Diet for a New America". I picked up a copy from eBay a couple months ago (it's from 2000 and is long out of print). The song doesn't paint El Paso in a particularly flattering light, but Nikki says of the residents..."Guess that makes you just like me"....essentially saying that he feels right at home here.

In the Heroin Diaries, he says that one of his best childhood memories was in El Paso when he and his buddies would ride their bikes to Piggly Wiggly and shoplift Hot Wheels Cars in their popcorn bags

Incidentally, "The Heroin Diaries" was a fantastic book, and the soundtrack to the book (Sixx AM) is a great album.

I work at the airport, and have seen many celebrities and met a few. I don't really buy into the whole celebrity thing, so unless it's just an immediate encounter, I essentially ignore them. But I have personally met Klaus Meine of the Scorpions, Stephen King, Gallagher, Carlos Santana, Sammy Hagar, Tom Landry, and Randy Quaid. I've seen Sherman Hemsley in the airport, but never met him. Sam Donaldson (y la peluca) comes through....and it's always nice to see him leave.

As for local celebs....I probably wouldn't notice them if I did run into them.

Old 02-28-2009, 11:27 PM

40 posts, read 97,091 times
I have seen the Fernando Vargas in El Paso and Bruce Willis. I also got the some of the Scorpions autographs

Old 03-01-2009, 01:30 AM

1,011 posts, read 2,832,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atrabilius View Post
What part of town did he live in?
What if I found that Nikki Sixx (real name, Frank Ferrana) lived in my old neighborhood, that he and I went to the same school? That would be interesting, Even though I sold all my Motley Crue CDs, I still like some of their tunes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso