Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 10:01 PM

7 posts, read 34,430 times

Advertisements

I am in North Carolina and love Texas I've only been there a few times but I love it. I have bought a small RV lot on Lake Granbury, But I see alot of 5 & 10 acre tracks in West Texas for sale on eBay cheap. I figure it's just a rip off but I thought some folks in the area might could give me some insight. Thanks alot, Pastor GF
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2007, 08:21 PM

12,600 posts, read 9,333,998 times
Not sure. Most of us don't head out that far east.
There is so much empty and dry land in west Texas that it could make up another state.

Old 12-05-2007, 11:48 PM

879 posts, read 3,025,857 times
I wish I could help, but I also don't know much about those sales.

Old 12-06-2007, 12:19 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,324,340 times
Its easy to see if its a real deal, find out where the land is, pull up or call the tax accessor, they can tell you the name of the person or company who owns the land, then you send a message to that person and confirm it.

If you like Lake Granbury I can't imagine why on earth you would want to live out in West Texas?

Old 12-06-2007, 12:24 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,415,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastorgf View Post
I am in North Carolina and love Texas I've only been there a few times but I love it. I have bought a small RV lot on Lake Granbury, But I see alot of 5 & 10 acre tracks in West Texas for sale on eBay cheap. I figure it's just a rip off but I thought some folks in the area might could give me some insight. Thanks alot, Pastor GF
It depends on what you'd want it for. A lot of that land never goes up because it's too far from anything and there's no water.

Old 12-09-2007, 04:07 PM

262 posts, read 906,571 times
Default Try Columbus NM or Horizon City

Most of the land advertised on Ebay is far way from El Paso. If you want land for trailer, I suggest Horizon City, just east of El Paso or Columbus New Mexico. Both have a growing a community and all the essentials. Email me if you need more info. rickym8241@aol.com

Old 12-10-2007, 11:34 AM

12,600 posts, read 9,333,998 times
A better deal area might be in nearby Deming NM
I have seen Deming acreage being sold next to the Texas acres on ebay.
Go to the NM section of this forum and look under Deming and Deming Ranchettes.

Old 02-08-2008, 02:20 AM

28 posts, read 131,274 times
Smile Texas Land

Yes Ebay Is A Rip Off. I Moved Down Here And Got On The Internet And Looked Under West Texas Land. I Found Sunset Ranches. I Bought 20 Acres For 14,900. Its It Hudspeth County And Its Trying To Stay Green. Solar, Wind, Etc. Email Me At cart6940@aol.com I Will Give You A Number To Call. There Is Lots Of Land Out Here. But Going Quick. My Paymemts Are 150.00 A Month, You Have To Have An Rv With A Toilet, Install A Septic, Or Have A Composting Toilet. Again Green, Solar, And Wind Power. I Will Be Moving Out To Mine In March Of 2009. Come On Over Its Nicer Down Here. Sunset Ranches Sent Me The Paper Work. I Signed And Sent, In A Couple Of Weeks They Sent Me Paper Work To View In 30 Days Or A Tour, To Show You Where Your Property Is, Then You Sign Another Form And Its Yours When You Start Making Payments. Sunset Ranches Wont Let Any Riff Raff Move In There. There Is Much Of El Paso That Has Lots Of Junk Places, There Are 16 Auto Salvage Yards On Montana Avenue East Of 375 To Hueco Tanks. Sunset Ranches Is In Hudspeth County And By Cornudus And About 17 Miles From Dell City.

Come On Down And Enjoy

Cart6940

Old 02-08-2008, 06:19 AM

262 posts, read 906,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CART6940 View Post
Yes Ebay Is A Rip Off. I Moved Down Here And Got On The Internet And Looked Under West Texas Land. I Found Sunset Ranches. I Bought 20 Acres For 14,900. Its It Hudspeth County And Its Trying To Stay Green. Solar, Wind, Etc. Email Me At cart6940@aol.com I Will Give You A Number To Call. There Is Lots Of Land Out Here. But Going Quick. My Paymemts Are 150.00 A Month, You Have To Have An Rv With A Toilet, Install A Septic, Or Have A Composting Toilet. Again Green, Solar, And Wind Power. I Will Be Moving Out To Mine In March Of 2009. Come On Over Its Nicer Down Here. Sunset Ranches Sent Me The Paper Work. I Signed And Sent, In A Couple Of Weeks They Sent Me Paper Work To View In 30 Days Or A Tour, To Show You Where Your Property Is, Then You Sign Another Form And Its Yours When You Start Making Payments. Sunset Ranches Wont Let Any Riff Raff Move In There. There Is Much Of El Paso That Has Lots Of Junk Places, There Are 16 Auto Salvage Yards On Montana Avenue East Of 375 To Hueco Tanks. Sunset Ranches Is In Hudspeth County And By Cornudus And About 17 Miles From Dell City.

Come On Down And Enjoy

Cart6940
Have you already seen your land?

Old 05-10-2008, 08:36 PM

2 posts, read 9,530 times
I recently bought some inexpensive land in Hudspeth county near Finlay mountain. I haven't been there yet, but I am looking forward to my first visit. Somebody suggested Deming, but be careful - they have some restrictive zoning there - a recent ordinance made all the half-acres lots unusable. I have an acre in Deming, and that should be OK, but really you should look for at 2 acres if you are looking in Deming. My land in Deming does have nice views, the taxes are cheap, and it is close to Las Cruces, which is a nice place to visit. Regarding Ebay - if you are careful, you can get a better land deal with Ebay than anywhere else. Most of the Ebay land that I bought is worth at least double the price I paid after a few years. Just be careful - check the seller's feedback ratings, check the results of similar auctions, make sure the property is not landlocked, and don't get swept up in the final moments of an auction if the price suddenly spikes - be patient enough to let it go and wait for another auction. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso