Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2008, 01:43 PM

20 posts, read 81,453 times

Advertisements

txrattler,no i dont know the exact address or name of the coffee house,i live on the eastside now so i dont go out to n.e to much,but its real easy to find you cant miss it,if you go out on dyer just as you pass hurcules make a left on the very next street,not sure if theres a turn lane there if not just make a left at the next turn and go back then u will be turning right onto that street,its either tetons or titanic i think i maybe wrong,so any way you can see the tower from dyer st. it was abandoned for a long time in the 70's and looked pretty scary back then,i would like to know the history on that building,i was told it was a restuarant a long time ago and a employee was killed in there,see what you can find out i'd like to know the outcome,thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2008, 07:32 PM

9 posts, read 40,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anelizk View Post
Hi! I'm a former El Pasoan who was born, raised, & spent 29 years of my life there until I left in 2004. If memory serves, Halloween night 1993 KVIA 6 o'clock news aired a campy segment on area hauntings/folklore legends & it touched on the usual La Llorona/Plaza theater stories but it was largely devoted to the old Patterson House which is on Piedmont St. I remember them interviewing a man who's father had apparently worked for the Patterson's & the last thing I remembered them mentioning "a piece of human skull being found at the residence" (quite some time) after the family's disappearance. Also, I think (I could very well be wrong) I remember "Magic Mike" ( Mike Ramsey, well-known El Paso d.j. from KLAQ) being interviewed. During the 1970's some good friends of my parent's lived next door to the house & my mom said she always had eerie in their house which wasn't the Patterson house. Unfortunately, that's all I remember about the Patterson house. However, in the same vicinity was another house where some woman lived, who went mad & she evidently was affiliated w/a cult called "I AM." The house is known as the "I AM Sanctuary" & is haunted.
i know this is a bit late, but i am very new to these forums. my relatives actually live at the patterson house and as fascinating as it is (it's beautiful inside!), they've yet to encounter anything paranormal or out of the ordinary there. they've lived there for quite a number of years. i've been there a great number of times (i was just there last sunday), and i've yet to experience anything myself.

i remember very well the whole hoopla about the house at the dead end of piedmont that housed the "i am" cult. i was delighted to see that someone remembers that story other than myself. i can't find anyone else who does. from what i remember of that house, the story is that there is a storage shed or something of the sort that is adjoined against the mountain. there is actually a large hole that goes into the moutain, but it is/was blocked by something as it seems that lots of paranormal activity seems to stir up when it is opened. the legend is this is gateway of sorts to all sorts of tunnels within the franklin mountains.
it's been ages since i've heard that story, so who knows what's been - or hasn't been-uncovered since then.
regardless, this is interesting stuff and i'm glad i came across this forum! look forward to reading more. cheers!

Last edited by txsoulflower; 11-16-2008 at 08:38 PM..

Old 11-17-2008, 09:49 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,948,625 times
Hey TXRATTLER, here is the place gringochoppers is talking about..

el paso tx - Google Maps

Old 11-18-2008, 12:04 PM

72 posts, read 596,408 times
Thanks for the information everyone. If we decide to investigate the place, then I will let everyone know.

Thanks for the map Muhnay, I can always count on you.

Old 11-18-2008, 12:05 PM

Your welcome. =)

Old 11-20-2008, 12:13 PM

I have another favor to ask of you El Paso. I have been trying for some time now to contact the owners of the building where the restaurant "Sombras del Pasado" used to be. I have had no luck in finding who this building belongs to. The building I am speaking about is on the old mission trail on the lower valley part of town. Does anyone know who might own the building? I have found several phone numbers, but they are all either disconnected, or wrong numbers. El Paso if you know the building I am speaking about, and know who may own it, please feel free to contact me at txrattler76@yahoo.com. I would really appreciate it.

Muhnay, this may be a challenge even for you.

Thanks again El Paso.

Old 11-20-2008, 02:55 PM

Call the city reps off for that part of town, give them the address and why you need to contact the owner.. they should help you get in contact with the proper owner, or be able to get you access to the building if it is abandoned.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:30 PM

9 posts, read 40,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txrattler View Post
I have another favor to ask of you El Paso. I have been trying for some time now to contact the owners of the building where the restaurant "Sombras del Pasado" used to be. I have had no luck in finding who this building belongs to. The building I am speaking about is on the old mission trail on the lower valley part of town. Does anyone know who might own the building? I have found several phone numbers, but they are all either disconnected, or wrong numbers. El Paso if you know the building I am speaking about, and know who may own it, please feel free to contact me at txrattler76@yahoo.com. I would really appreciate it.

Muhnay, this may be a challenge even for you.

Thanks again El Paso.
Do you have the exact address of this location? Have you tried looking on the tax rolls? El Paso Appraisal District

Old 11-21-2008, 09:14 AM

The address for this location is 10245 Socorro Road. I have tried the tax rolls, and did get some numbers and some names, but unfortunately nothing panned out. Muhnay, I have thought about that, but am leaving that as a last resort. I am trying to find out through all external sources first. Thanks again guys. If anyone does have any info, please let me know either here, or at my e-mail txrattler76@yahoo.com.

Thanks El Paso

Old 11-21-2008, 11:50 AM

10245 Socorro Road El Paso TX - Google Maps

Is that the place your talking about TXRATLER? What do you need to know, and for what reason.. I can mosey on over there and ask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso