Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2009, 11:51 AM

1 posts, read 4,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimK View Post
These stories are great. That writer, Ken Hudnall, has some books on it. What's the story with these "tunnels" that lead down to the river? Supposedly there were some from the vicinity of El Paso H.S. Did you ever hear of that and why they were dug?
According to History the chinese, and Mexicans used these tunnels for mining in the 1850's. but no one really knows why there is a tunnel under El Paso High, i've done investegating in the school for about four hours at one time, and i caught a voice on the recorder that said, "Take me." i though it was kind of weird since prior to that voice i said, "hey look, that sign says take me!" we laughed and left.
later that evening we wondered off into the Gym, where we saw a locked door. When we listened to the recording a voice said, "Help!".
i later researched that and that is an enterance to a lower basement, that leads to a tunnel!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2009, 12:59 PM

40 posts, read 278,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txrattler View Post
By lookin on that map, it is still hard to tell where exactly the location is. Crazedripper, by looking onto this map, can you be more specific on the location? I really do appreciate it, and sorry for all my questions. Br7or13, thanks for looking up that map, truly appreciate it.
Hey guys, I'm new here and found this place while searching haunted locations in Google. Anyway, I know this is an old post but the place called "six poles" is nothing more than a sundial. The sundial has a bench and an inscription dedicating it to some man. I long time ago I Googled this man's name (which I don't remember) and I believe he was a lawyer from El Paso. If you look at the Google map when you click on the link, you will see a house next to the campus that is shaped like a "J". From the corner of the "J", there is a path leading away from the house. The path leads to a circle, which is where "six poles" is located. If you zoom in you can see the poles and the bench. Hope this helps.

Last edited by xYOSHIx; 02-22-2009 at 01:00 PM.. Reason: misspell

Old 02-22-2009, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Hello El Paso,

PITT has recently investigated 6 poles, and is currently in the process of reviewing our evidence. We will provide you with some basic information. First of all, 6 poles and the property surrounding it belongs to the Coldwell family. The inscription on the slab of stone laying within the poles reads "Towards the morn and rising sun" written by "Hesiod". Hesiod was a writer that lived 700 or 800 years B.C., on the opposite side of the stone is another inscription that reads "That I may live to see one more turn of this October sun". That was written by "Ballard Coldwell". There are two Ballard Coldwells, that we found, one was an El Paso Judge for 35 years, the other is still alive today and is a musician. The musician is a direct descendent of Judge Coldwell. The house that stands in front of 6 poles belongs to the Coldwell family, and members of that family still reside there today. The area surrounding 6 poles was just as interesting. There are some abandoned homes close to 6 poles that we just had to investigate as well. We entered the desert as well with a Hi-8 video camera, digital voice recorders, and digital cameras with hopes of capturing any evidence of paranormal activity. Members of PITT are still reviewing the evidence, and we will disclose any findings here on the forum.

Again thank you El Paso for providing us with great places to investigate. If you believe that you know of a place that has paranormal activity, feel free to contact me via
e-mail at txrattler76@yahoo.com. If you are interested in joining PITT, you may contact me at the same address. Thanks again El Paso.
Ha! I should have kept reading before I responded the first time!

Old 02-22-2009, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedripper14 View Post
its the white house behind valle verde epcc near viscount, its white , big 2 floors a balcony, pretty creepy, i been inside it, its tagged up, enter at your own risk, theres a little parking lot next to it, the basement is scary, the floors are weak so be careful, theres holes, its hard to break into it when it gets boarded up, i went in through the roof top, pretty dangerous stuff, i went in, heard noises along with another friend, some drawings creep me out, done by teens im guessing, well i think its a baptist house and rumors says supposedly a woman murdered her family and committed suicide, but these are just stories i hear from random ppl, i dont know the real reason why the house is abandoned. i posted another thing on it somewhere in one of these pages.
I've been inside that house a few times. I heard many unexplainable noises such as voices, rattling chains (as cliche as that sounds) and thumping coming from the upstairs area. A while back I was standing in the front yard of the house at night, and a woman came walking down the street. I watched her thinking she was going to call the cops or something. When she reached the edge of the property, she crossed the street away from the house. She came to a stop in front of the house, turned her back, and made the sign of the cross before she continued down the road. Anyway, I think the house was recently torn down. What a shame.

Old 02-22-2009, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by romansempire View Post
Great story! My mom told me about this house when I was about 12 or 13. Apparently it's listed in some book about haunted houses, but I've never found anything about this house on Silver St. until now. NICE!

All I can add is that the house (or at least the side with the tower - left side) has been empty since I was able to drive past it by myself. And that would be about 1989. So it's been empty for nearly 20 years. The top windows of the tower are usually boarded up, and there are KEEP OUT and NO TRESPASSING signs all over the place. The other side of the house (it's a duplex now) is usually occupied, so there must be something to this "haunted" thing on the tower side.

Any chance on looking in to this, txrattler???

Thanks and cool forum,
Roman
If you Google the house on Silver and look at the street view, you can see a blurred white figure or something in front of the house. Just FYI.....maybe somebody can debunk it.

Old 02-27-2009, 11:24 AM

72 posts, read 596,408 times
Hi Yoshi, actually 6 poles is more of a giant compass. What did you think of the place?

Old 02-28-2009, 05:44 PM

It was a little creepy but I thought a couple of the abandoned houses down the road were creepier. I didn't really get any paranormal vibes from the area. It is an interesting site, though.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:02 AM

72 posts, read 596,408 times
Just to let everyone know, we are almost finished with the Jenny Investigation. For those of you that are new to the forum, that is the investigation where our client took a picture of an old truck and discovered an anomolous apparition sitting in the seat. We have taken a great deal of time and have put forth a great deal of effort into going over evidence collected, and are putting together a reveal for our client. We should be finishing up very soon. If our client permits us to reveal evidence publicly, then I will post findings on this forum. Thanks again El Paso, and keep them coming.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:01 PM

447 posts, read 1,579,251 times
Quote:
Just to let everyone know, we are almost finished with the Jenny Investigation. For those of you that are new to the forum, that is the investigation where our client took a picture of an old truck and discovered an anomolous apparition sitting in the seat. We have taken a great deal of time and have put forth a great deal of effort into going over evidence collected, and are putting together a reveal for our client. We should be finishing up very soon. If our client permits us to reveal evidence publicly, then I will post findings on this forum. Thanks again El Paso, and keep them coming.
Thanks and hopefully you can post your findings.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:14 PM

1,437 posts, read 4,605,207 times
check this outHistory blog: Couple's 1957 disappearance still mystery
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso