Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2010, 05:24 PM

25 posts, read 95,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJsMOM83 View Post
I'm sorry, I didn't specify, they were wanting to sell their DVDs for Halloween 2009. I never heard anything about them coming out after all, though.
Well, dammmmm. Maybe this year. There is a haunted places DVD, but it just has all the standard spots. We need an update!

A friend of mine was the caretaker at the Magoffin home. He slept in a small room at the back. He has seen the rocking chair rock by itself.
When I took some students there on a field trip, it was late January, in 1994. It was a warm day, and we had walked out to the back and were sitting around, taking pictures, eating snacks, etc. The scent of roses was very strong, but no bushes were visible. When we went back out front to board the buses, I wondered aloud to our host about how the neighbors had gotten their roses to bloom so early. He told me there are no roses out there anymore. Not on this property, not on the neighboring property, either, Not for about a century. He said some people can smell the rose garden, though, and when they do, there's sometimes an apparition of a woman that follows.

Gave me a lot to think about on the ride home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2010, 11:49 PM

1 posts, read 2,827 times
I actually went to the house on silver street. When we passed by we saw nothing, so we gave it another go and we u turned and drove back slowly. There were about 6 of us in a van so everyone was talking. however, as we were leaving i turned my head around just to see it one last time and i saw a woman standing in the shadows next to the house. she was standing next to the ally but in the property. I swear i saw her clear as day. She had long black hair and a sort of an old fashion white sleeping gown, I got so scared i closed my eyes until the house was out of view. i am not lying and i know i wasn't going crazy because my cousin saw her too and described the exact same person. little freaked out i don't think i will go again since im a really big chicken when it comes to those things.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:45 AM

22 posts, read 82,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushu09 View Post
I actually went to the house on silver street. When we passed by we saw nothing, so we gave it another go and we u turned and drove back slowly. There were about 6 of us in a van so everyone was talking. however, as we were leaving i turned my head around just to see it one last time and i saw a woman standing in the shadows next to the house. she was standing next to the ally but in the property. I swear i saw her clear as day. She had long black hair and a sort of an old fashion white sleeping gown, I got so scared i closed my eyes until the house was out of view. i am not lying and i know i wasn't going crazy because my cousin saw her too and described the exact same person. little freaked out i don't think i will go again since im a really big chicken when it comes to those things.
Yeah that house is creepy at night. The story is that a girl hung herself from the top of the third floor inside the tower. We actually went to the back of the house and it was dark as hell. I wanted to cross the fence but my friends talked me out of it. I guess it's a good thing I didn't because that house has motion sensors all over it. Now the windows in the bottom floor of the tower are boarded up. I want to go there again. I've been there at least 5 times.

Old 06-05-2010, 01:19 PM

16 posts, read 69,677 times
Southwestern General Hospital GHOST Tour

Join the Ghost Hunters of the Southwest and Texas as we show you the evidence we have collected over the years and let you use our equipment to try and find some of the same stuff we have.
To find out more information visit www.ghost-ep.com click on the GHOST Tour tab and fill out a contact sheet.

Thank You
Chris Medina

Old 06-06-2010, 03:49 AM

1 posts, read 2,771 times
I live on the east side preety close to that underground bus... The myth is that there was this old man (supposably a serial killer) that lived there. I heard that there are two buses stacked. the guy built his house over it... You can tell that it might have been hidden because there is no stairs or anything. As a matter a fact im on my way right now... Ok so there are people that have gone down there(there are snakes down there) and they have found shackles. Crazy. and they say that the old man raped and killed the girls. and on certain days (idk when) you can hear things or see them, iv heard things and some crazy things have happened to me but i want to go down there.

Old 06-07-2010, 03:20 AM

2 posts, read 5,513 times
Hell-o
do u know alot of haunted places around el paso?

Old 06-07-2010, 03:23 AM

2 posts, read 5,513 times
Hell-o
where is this at?

Old 06-08-2010, 12:04 PM

2 posts, read 5,468 times
Exclamation Investigation

I was intrigued by your posting and would like to do an investigation if you would allow. Message me if you'd like to meet to discuss this further.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:23 PM

2 posts, read 5,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tellintruth View Post
I've heard that it's not polite to contact ghosts, they don't like it! especially if it's in an aggresive manner, you must create a "gateway" for them to come in and go back where they came from, thus avoiding getting them lost, if lost, you'll be sorry! For those that want to contact the spirit of a loved one, don't bother, "they" will contact you through your dreams if there's something they want to let you know, "they" have already crossed the light. And lastly, those ghosts that you try to or have made contact with, are the ones that have not yet crossed the light, if "they" attach themselves to you, and you are not the "light" to help them cross over, they'll get very angry and possibly cause you harm. Hospitals, Nursing homes, and Airports are the most haunted. Graveyards on the contrary, a ghost needs energy to project energy, and if it's full of dead people, what energy do they gather? Unless you step into a cemetery/graveyard and provoke a reaction through anger, fear, sorrow or hate, or just taunting, "something" is going to feed on that and let you know. These kind of "activities" people think it's "cool", "mysterious" "eerie" "scary", well, if you inform yourself by a professional parapsychologist, you are "VERY" suseptible to possesions, close encounters with death(whether it's you or someone you're close to, even your neighbor(s)), and even second-generation hauntings. So If I was you, I would just respect the dead, be aware that ghosts "do" exist, leave them alone! it's just plain rude having a bunch of strangers (like in these "tours") hovering, being nosy, and disturbing rest! how would you feel if it was YOU being bothered when all you want to do is to be left alone unless someone you know is there to pay your respects and not be a looky-lou nosy,intruder.
Where did you get your research?

Old 06-08-2010, 03:39 PM

523 posts, read 1,362,088 times
And also the Plaza Theater..there is supposed to be a ghost of a projectionist that used to work there and I heard you can smell his cigarette...!!,,many others...!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso