Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2010, 10:25 PM

4 posts, read 15,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
i also heard that radford school is haunted, & "back in the days"they used to say their was a "black church" around the george dieter area.
Around where on George Dieter? I live a little off of GD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2010, 10:27 PM

4 posts, read 15,246 times
[quote=el borracho;2176700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
about twenty years ago a group of us were at a dam right off of thorn under that big tower it was a little past midnight and we found ourselves surrounded by pairs of red eyes we got out of there. " [ i was surfing the net and i somehow ended up on this web page that talked about red glowing eyes and i wasn't even looking ,but what caught my eye was the horizon city monster and it talks about red glowing eyes ,ck it out. Desert Apes (broken link)
We know many ppl that have witnessed this Desert Monster. There are a lot of stories about it & I truly believe all of them. I have witnessed a few things concerning it as well.

Old 12-29-2010, 01:42 PM

1 posts, read 5,476 times
On McNutt, behind the University of Phoenix, at night off to the side you can often see a green or red light near the barren fields. When the light is green, it is a signal that it is fine if anyone passes through the field. However if the light turns red, it is a warning to not pass through. One time my friend and I were walking behind the University of Phoenix and we noticed a simple red light (which can be seen from McNutt) and decided to investigate to see what it was all about. As we got closer to the light, we saw a group of people in a circle with hoods on their heads, kneeling around a goat out in the field. All of a sudden, one of them got up from the circle and turned on a lantern. They pointed at us, and suddenly all of them started running towards us. We took off and ran towards Dairy Queen, where thankfully there was a cop sitting in the parking lot. We ran over to his car and told him what we just went through. He explained to us everything about the field and what exactly the light meant. What astonished us was how he did exactly nothing about it.
Being the kids we were, this bothered us so much that we had to go back and investigate wtf had happened. A few nights later, we got the courage to go back to the spot and sneak around to see if we could spot anything. When we went back on our second visit, we noticed the light was green, and the circle of people weren't in the field at all. We snuck around to where the circle had gathered and we saw a goat head laying in the middle of the circle where the people had met. There was strange symbols and words drawn into the sand, and what seemed to be blood stains....
Anyways, just felt like posting a true story that happened to me in which I will never forget. But every time I drive on McNutt past the University of Phoenix, and I see that light, it creeps me out.

Old 01-03-2011, 01:21 AM

5 posts, read 24,117 times
i really wanna try this!

Old 01-03-2011, 02:54 PM

9 posts, read 40,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiash View Post
Is it authenticated as the actual Home? Just wondering
Hi, Sorry I'm just now getting to this! I forgot all about this forum!
To answer your question, I'm not sure if it's been authenticated, but my Uncles have said years ago they've been bothered by inquisitors (I can't recall if it was a detective or other) wanting to tour or investigate the house.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:27 AM

3 posts, read 12,057 times
Cool the nicest paranormal team in el paso..unlike the other guys

whats up forum!!!
im on a paranormal team here in el paso we have been around for two years and we use this form to see what people say about experiences and about places they are curious about

we do free investigations
and were always interested in hearing peoples stories and interviewing them right now we are working on a pilot for public access TV...

so talk to us anytime
were on facebook twitter and youtube under our name

thanks

Old 01-10-2011, 10:51 AM

9 posts, read 40,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paranormal915 View Post
whats up forum!!!
im on a paranormal team here in el paso we have been around for two years and we use this form to see what people say about experiences and about places they are curious about

we do free investigations
and were always interested in hearing peoples stories and interviewing them right now we are working on a pilot for public access TV...

so talk to us anytime
were on facebook twitter and youtube under our name

thanks

I'm curious about the house at the Northwest end of Piedmont.
Many years ago the El Paso Times did a story on the house claiming it was once inhabited by a religious cult. Since then the house has haunted and spooked many of its residents...
Does anyone else remember this story?

Old 01-21-2011, 09:36 PM

1 posts, read 5,290 times
I am an ex student from el paso high in my four years their i expirenced alot of events. In the theather department if u stare at one part of the stage with the cornner of ur eye you can actually see people walking from one side to the other you will hear laughter and ur coustum will get moved. Also in the second floor in elpaso high you can expierence someone blowin in your ear. Theirs more to go but i will never finish my brother and i experienced somethingin the football field one night for being curiouse we went and we saw something unexplainable that followed us. Up to this point we cant figure out what it was but we belived.

Old 01-23-2011, 04:29 AM

11 posts, read 45,179 times
Default New to forum and some helpful comments

Hey everyone. I stumbled on to this forum several days ago and finally managed to get through all 65 pages. I found this page by searching for the school bus in the hole on a google search which I will get more into after a brief background of myself.

I was born and raised in El Paso, Tx. At the age of 20 I joined the Air Force as a Security Forces member(military cop) and also became Combat Arms Instructor(firearms instructor). I was stationed at Peterson AFB, CO and Davis-Monthan AFB, AZ. I have been to Iraq twice with the military. I was in the AF from Nov2003-Sep2010 so I just got out not to long ago and moved back to El Paso where I briefly became a security contractor for the Department of Defense and got sent back to Iraq from Oct2010 to Dec2010. I came back to become a city cop and am currently in that process right now. Not sure that I believe that ghosts exists but I have experienced things that I can not explain. My family has many stories as well. I will post some experiences I have had in El Paso through some later posts. I have also had several experiences in other places outside of El Paso while I was in the military to include Iraq. I didn't want to post those experiences in this forum as it did not happen in EP but I have posted them as blogs on my profile so take a look if you are curious. I grew up in the Lower Valley, spent a lot of time at my grandma's house in central, and at my cousin's house on the east side. I am currently now living on the far east side.

My dad is a school bus driver and the other day one of his fellow bus drivers was telling him about this school bus in the hole and she stated that a long time ago(obviously) that this guy stole the school bus, dug a hole, and built his house over it. I guess he would kidnap kids, hold them in the school bus for some time, and eventually killed them. I have never been out there but from what I have read from previous posts about the toys, shackles, and the fact that there is a school bus down there it would support my dad's co-worker's story.

Now about the location of the bus and other locations posted here on this forum. I understand from the people who have claimed to have gone to any of these places and that they can't remember exactly where theses places are exactly because it might have been dark or it has been a while but those who remember and give very vague directions it is very frustrating trying to locate them. For example the bus in the hole and the hole in wall locations have had all kinds of directions on exactly where they are or how to get to them. Looking for certain buildings or houses in the city isn't that difficult because most of these places have address and directions are easy to follow especially if you use landmarks to help locate the places but the places way out in the boonies are much more difficult to locate. I have found an easier way for a person to pinpoint a place on google maps that want to let us know of a place worth checking out. Just locate the place on google maps, right click directly on the spot of the location, a little drop down window will appear, click on "whats here?", a little green arrow will appear exactly on that place, and now you can hover your mouse over the green arrow to get the long and lat numbers and it will also appear in the search box up top where you would input an address. Now copy and past the long/lat numbers here on your post. Then all we have to do is copy the long/lat numbers from here and paste it in the search box of google maps and it will take directly to that location and the green arrow will appear right on that location. For example I think I have located the church over in hole in the wall on google maps and here is the long/lat numbers 31.541398,-106.230365, now copy and paste that on google maps. Not sure if this is the place or not as I have not been out there as of yet but this is the exact location I am trying to portray to you.

Sorry for such the long post. Happy hunting.

Old 01-25-2011, 12:53 PM

11 posts, read 45,179 times
Default Vampire by the Rio Grande?

First off I want to say this did not happen to me nor did I experience this first hand. I heard this story from my dad who heard from a friend who heard it from a guy that called into the Ken Hudnall show who shared his story.

The gentleman stated that he was is a trucker driver and an ex-body builder so he is no small guy. From what I remember of the story this gentleman was with his wife/girlfriend when he was driving his semi minus a trailer. It was night time and he decided to pull off the road so that he could stretch his legs and to enjoy some time with his wife/girlfriend. He stated that where he pulled off was right by the Rio Grande in El Paso. While outside his semi a man who appeared to be homeless with long hair, beard, ragged clothes, and long fingernails walked up to him and his significant other in a none threating way and started talking with them. They shot the breeze for a while and the homeless man stated how he use to like wrestling back in the day during their conversations. Finally the homeless man asked the truck driver if he wanted to wrestle and of course the trucker found this odd and said no. The homeless man kept on insisting and the trucker said they had to go as it was getting late. While walking back to his big rig the homeless man got between him and his destination. The trucker insisted that the homeless man should let him pass. Just then the homeless man grabbed the trucker and sort of growled and showed his teeth which appeared to have some long fangs. The trucker stated that this guy was unbelievably strong and that this homeless guy then threw him a good distance where he landed on the hood of his big rig. At this same his significant other had already ran to the passenger side of his truck. After he landed on the hood he yelled to his wife/girlfriend to get inside. He jumped off, got in his truck, and got the hell out of there as quick as he could.

Ken Hudnall then states how he has heard stories of a vampire who hangs around the Rio Grande River on the border and snatches people who are trying to cross into the United States as almost no one will miss them and the family members that do go a long time with out hearing from their missing relatives can't do anything about it or assume that they have died while attempting to cross the river.

This story is way out there and I know that there is unexplained and unnatural things out there but not sure what to think about vampires existing. Although if they do exist, hanging around and going after people who no one will miss would be a good strategy and hundreds of people are reported missing every year on the Rio Grande and the bodies are never found. Who knows, if anything it does get you thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso