Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 06:20 PM

1 posts, read 22,204 times

Advertisements

ive been searching all over town for about a month to find 4cu. ft bags of vermiculite for my garden. i cant even find any small bags at home depot or lowes or wallmart. does anyone know of a nursery or some place that carry's vermiculite in bulk?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2009, 06:29 PM

524 posts, read 1,370,039 times
what is that!

Old 05-16-2009, 06:39 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kswissbob View Post
ive been searching all over town for about a month to find 4cu. ft bags of vermiculite for my garden. i cant even find any small bags at home depot or lowes or wallmart. does anyone know of a nursery or some place that carry's vermiculite in bulk?

Maybe we don't have it here -- maybe because we don't use that kind of insulation we just don't have it. We don't have attics or cold weather so it's probably just not something anyone ever asks for.

Old 05-16-2009, 07:54 PM
ZSP

1,765 posts, read 5,120,525 times
No advice on where to find it but I do have two (2) gallon containers of it and will gladly give it to you. PM me.

Old 05-17-2009, 10:12 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
You could try the nurseries -- your post made me curious because I think that stuff would be good for my soil -- apparently it's not always readily available but you can order it on-line. This link has a few links to greenhouse suppliers:

Vermiculite.COM--a guide on how and where to purchase vermiculite in the United States and the world.

Old 05-17-2009, 10:44 AM

1,437 posts, read 4,606,826 times
Try sierra vista growers,they grow alot if their own plants and I'm sure they'll be able to tell you where to buy in bulk Untitled Document

Old 03-28-2010, 05:37 PM

1 posts, read 19,596 times
Default where to find vermiculite

kswissbob, when i was a horticulture student we had a lot of individuals and other colleges and public schools go in with us on our orders to lower the rate at the company that we purchased our products from and most of the time you were required to purchase so many to make a purchase at all, so i would suggest checking with your near by college or university's horticulture dept and most of the time they will put your order in with theirs. good luck

Old 03-29-2010, 07:47 AM

1,643 posts, read 4,917,826 times
Quote:
ive been searching all over town for about a month to find 4cu. ft bags of vermiculite for my garden.
You can buy it and Perlite from a variety of internet sites, including this one:

http://homeharvest.com/soilamendmentsperlitevermiculite.htm

Since it's so light in weight, shipping costs shouldn't be all that exorbitant.

Old 04-05-2010, 05:18 PM

3 posts, read 22,818 times
Quote:
Did you ever find a reasonable source? I am also looking for it.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:33 AM

19 posts, read 94,955 times
I attended a square foot gardening class in Mesilla a few years ago, and the instructor recommended Sierra Vista Growers as a source for vermiculite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
View detailed profiles of: