Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 05:30 PM

4,280 posts, read 9,165,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1purtle123 View Post
I was looking at an apartment complex located in this area at 4600 Fairbanks...
Have no information on the actual apartment complex (Patriot), other than it appears to be a very large upscale complex. This is NOT the area of NE that others have been warning against, being a relatively newer developed area than the older neighborhoods on either side of Dyer St.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2014, 07:16 PM

9 posts, read 61,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joqua View Post
Have no information on the actual apartment complex (Patriot), other than it appears to be a very large upscale complex. This is NOT the area of NE that others have been warning against, being a relatively newer developed area than the older neighborhoods on either side of Dyer St.

Thanks, this place The patriot apartments look good and are only 10 miles from the airport. I think ill take a look when I go to get my place next week. I was worried it was in the North East.

Old 06-13-2014, 10:22 PM

1,011 posts, read 2,832,557 times
Quote:
Thanks, this place The patriot apartments look good and are only 10 miles from the airport. I think ill take a look when I go to get my place next week. I was worried it was in the North East.
Don't worry about it. That area's okay.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:03 AM

4,280 posts, read 9,165,869 times
Quote:
I was worried it was in the North East.
When locals refer to NE El Paso, they generally mean everything east of the Franklin Mountains and north of Ft. Bliss. So this apt. complex is considered NE, but a newer still-developing area as opposed to the much older neighborhoods that are concentrated mostly on either side of Dyer and between Dyer and Railroad Drive.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:45 AM

1,011 posts, read 2,832,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joqua View Post
When locals refer to NE El Paso, they generally mean everything east of the Franklin Mountains and north of Ft. Bliss.
Yeah, east of the Franklin Mountains to Railroad Drive (beyond which is the Fort Bliss reservation) and north of Fred Wilson Avenue to the New Mexico state line. Fred Wilson runs along the north side of a part of the Fort Bliss reservation that includes the old William Beaumont Army Medical Center at the north end of Piedras Street.

Don't worry about it. It depends on which neighborhood.

Old 06-15-2014, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrabilius View Post
Yeah, east of the Franklin Mountains to Railroad Drive (beyond which is the Fort Bliss reservation) and north of Fred Wilson Avenue to the New Mexico state line. Fred Wilson runs along the north side of a part of the Fort Bliss reservation that includes the old William Beaumont Army Medical Center at the north end of Piedras Street.

Don't worry about it. It depends on which neighborhood.
Is living around the Fort Bliss area ok? I've never lived in a town with a Military base so I don't know what that means for the area.

Old 06-15-2014, 05:38 PM

340 posts, read 609,318 times
Quote:
Is living around the Fort Bliss area ok? I've never lived in a town with a Military base so I don't know what that means for the area.
It means you will have a lot of neighbors who are soldiers (and their families). Seriously, though, I used to live in an apt. complex that was almost entirely military, and you will see that the US Army certainly takes all kinds. It's really not any different than having "civilian" neighbors except that you see everyone coming home in their Army fatigues, and many of your neighbors will smoke cigarettes. You might have great, quiet neighbors, or you might have loud, obnoxious neighbors - it just depends on the individuals. At least most military go to sleep early on the weeknights, since they have to get up early.

Old 06-21-2014, 01:18 PM

Thank You all for your comments, and suggestions. I finally decide on an apartment complex called The Crest, located on Shadow Mountain road, on what I am guessing is considered the west side. It was a touch choice between some of the places on the Eastside loser to the airport, and this place which is about 15 miles from the airport. I have yet to drive the I-10 in the early morning so im hoping traffic isn't to horrible, but it cant possibly be as bad as in Southern California where im coming from. Been in El Paso 3 days now and am happy to say I found a place, and like the feel of El Paso.

Good Mexican food too; and for me some BBQ too.

Old 06-21-2014, 02:44 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
It's funny because for all the hype about the west side being so safe, Kern place has the most assaults because of the drunken brawls outside the many bars there, and very recently, two corpses were found near Doniphan, a corpse of a man found in a burned up car on Upper Valley road, two bodies right now are being investigated as "suspicious deaths" on the west side and a girl jogging was attacked and thrown into an irrigation canal with the attacker holding her head under water and biting her -- until she was rescued by another teen.

Old 06-21-2014, 03:20 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It's funny because for all the hype about the west side being so safe, Kern place has the most assaults because of the drunken brawls outside the many bars there, and very recently, two corpses were found near Doniphan, a corpse of a man found in a burned up car on Upper Valley road, two bodies right now are being investigated as "suspicious deaths" on the west side and a girl jogging was attacked and thrown into an irrigation canal with the attacker holding her head under water and biting her -- until she was rescued by another teen.
Don't forget the shootout near Canutillo High last week.

Sheriff's Office: Homeowner, deputies exchanged shots in West El Paso County - El Paso Times

"a sergeant pulled over a grey pickup truck... as other deputies arrived to assist, one of the passengers allegedly fled, officials said.

While deputies searched the area in the 6800 block of Steffers Street, a homeowner began to shoot in the direction of the deputies. The homeowner did not know they were deputies because of the darkness, officials said.

The deputies then shot back at the homeowner, officials said.

No charges have been filed against the homeowner, officials said.

According to the Texas Penal Code, a homeowner can use deadly force to defend themselves if they are in immediate danger, but they can be prosecuted if they use force recklessly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso