Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2008, 10:14 AM

2,625 posts, read 11,218,834 times

Advertisements

http://www.thecityofelpaso.com/escape/smdowntownelpaso1.jpg (broken link)

mural in south central el paso

http://homegrownelpaso.com/media/elpasoAerial.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2008, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Thanks 6/3. I'm from Oklahoma but I have been living in Texas for the last 18 years or so (DFW). I lived in Reno, NV for several years and came to appreciate the desert. El Paso reminds me a lot of Reno; high altitude, low humidity, similar type of desert, and so on. I've become intrigued by El Paso over the last few years and would love to visit. Plus, I love Mexican food!

Sypnosis, im gathering, and correct me if im wrong, you have never been to el paso right? If you havent, what was the thing that intruigued u so much, i would like to know.

Old 04-07-2008, 05:14 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
Sypnosis, im gathering, and correct me if im wrong, you have never been to el paso right? If you havent, what was the thing that intruigued u so much, i would like to know.
And I'll be more than happy to answer you LEVOW.

I like the desert, and I have lived in the desert (in Reno) and visited several areas that are desert, except for El Paso. I like dry air. I can take temperatures of 100 degrees + without a hitch in that dry desert air.

It's also the mountains. I love mountains and EP sits right in the middle of some beautiful ones (they're all beautiful really). Anyone that says El Paso is ugly because of the lack of flora is ignorant. The desert is absolutely beautiful. It can be harsh, but it doesn't matter; it's still beautiful. I've always had a fascination with the desert - there are so many different types and El Paso is the type of desert I like; high and dry..

The Phoenix desert is a little to much for me. I like the types of desert that exist in the Reno area, Albuquerque, and in the area around El Paso.

Another BIG plus is I absolutely love Mexican food with a passion. I must be part Mexican because the hotter and spicier the food is, the more I love it. Being right there on the border, I know EP has some awesome Mexican food.

One more reason? The people in El Paso seem to be some of the friendliest folks I've found outside of my home state of Oklahoma. I'm serious. You folks are good people.

I hope that answers your question LEVOW. Feel free to ask away.

Old 04-07-2008, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
And I'll be more than happy to answer you LEVOW.

I like the desert, and I have lived in the desert (in Reno) and visited several areas that are desert, except for El Paso. I like dry air. I can take temperatures of 100 degrees + without a hitch in that dry desert air.

It's also the mountains. I love mountains and EP sits right in the middle of some beautiful ones (they're all beautiful really). Another BIG plus is I absolutely love Mexican food with a passion. I must be part Mexican because the hotter and spicier the food is, the more I love it. Being right there on the border, I know EP has some awesome Mexican food.

I hope that answers your question LEVOW. Feel free to ask away.
yes, but im saying, why el paso, like did read about it, did u pass through here once, did somebody you know used to live here, was it the marty robbins song, do u understand what im saying>? How did you originally here about El Paso?

Old 04-07-2008, 05:19 PM

This is nice..

Old 04-07-2008, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
yes, but im saying, why el paso, like did read about it, did u pass through here once, did somebody you know used to live here, was it the marty robbins song, do u understand what im saying>? How did you originally here about El Paso?
Good point. The Marty Robbins song I heard as a kid and I loved that song instantly. It may have very well fueled the "El Paso mystique" for me. It was THE FIRST time I had ever heard of El Paso.

I never saw much of El Paso until I joined City Data. I visited the El Paso forum last year and began viewing pictures of your beautiful city and took a liking to it because of it's beauty. I also like the climate. Also, the friendliness of people like you (and there are lots of them in the EP forum) attracted me to the place. I hope this helps to answer your question.

I do have to believe that those haunting lyrics "Out in the West Texas town of El Paso..." had something to do with it though. Memories like that never really leave your mind. It was one of my favorite songs growing up..

Update: One more thing. I love Spanish architecture.

Last edited by Synopsis; 04-07-2008 at 05:32 PM..

Old 04-07-2008, 05:32 PM

Now THAT is beautiful as well...

Old 04-07-2008, 05:33 PM

Ooh wow, i was about to ask, did u hear about El Paso from citydata, wow thats good, atleast you became a fan of the sun city, others are quick to talk dwn upon us! You are right about the friendliness in these forums, we have a couple of dissagreements, but for the most part they remain civil.

Old 04-07-2008, 05:38 PM

Well, if I hear anyone bashing the Sun City, I'll jump right in and give them my opinion very quick. And it doesn't matter in which forum. You should be proud of your city. First, it's beautiful, and second, it is your home.

People can disagree about certain things, but to bash a place outright because one has an agenda is wrong.

Being from Oklahoma, we get plenty of bashing as well, but I love my home state and will defend it always.

I wish we could take all of those beautiful mountains, desert atmosphere, El Paso mystique and just transport it right up into a big chunk of Oklahoma!

You probably won't agree, but I'd sure like to do it!

Be proud of your city. First of all, look at the crime index for El Paso. It has to be one of the LOWEST crime rates in the entire United States. It's 286!

And El Paso is probably around the 20th largest city in the United States. Almost 600 thousand people is nothing to sneeze at.

Do you know what the average crime rate in the US is, including RURAL areas? It is 323! Most cities with GOOD crime statistics have crime rates of 500 or so.

El Paso, be PROUD! That's a huge accomplishment!

Old 04-07-2008, 09:45 PM

303 posts, read 980,736 times
Thumbs up El Paso Forum

I enjoy the EL PASO forum especially the beautiful pictures of my old hometown.

Unfortunately, my roots are so deep in Omaha, Nebraska and all my grown children live here now to include my 8 grandchildren who are very special to my wife and I.

I would like very much to visit sometime when we are able to.

But for now, The EL PASO forum is the closest to home that I can get and I enjoy popping in from time to time.

I agree, the people here are very nice. I would not expect anything less of El Pasoans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso