Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2008, 10:12 AM

385 posts, read 1,555,723 times

Advertisements

P.S. Didn't you ask for a meet and greet Muhnay on another thread? There is the beginning of your committee. One of you I think even said she or he had nothing better to do than meet. Sounds like a perfect committee member to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2008, 10:13 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,952,340 times
Wow KIM on the attack.. GROWLLLL.. like a women with spirit.. =)

We do know the real reason, they told us on the news and in the paper. To save money.

Old 03-10-2008, 10:20 AM

You only know the reason they told the press, Muhnay.

And by the way, this isn't attacking you or anyone here. I do know how these things work. I have changed some pretty big things in my life. Its has always been the result of huge effort on my part.

Old 03-10-2008, 10:25 AM

Well then I welcome you to come on down and put your MUHNAY where your MOUTH is. =)

I have been wanting to use that line for ever.. thanks!

Old 03-10-2008, 10:45 AM

I don't have a horse in this race.

You have five or six interested people here on this thread that I can see right now who do. Go to the VFW. They are very intwined with the army brass at the base as far as I can tell. Go to the Sergeants Major Academy and speak to their commandante. Each class usually has some contribution they make to the betterment of their base. You cannot get on their roster for this year but maybe you can get them on board of the class starting in Augusut 08. Obviously, you cannot present to them that you are fed up with the current situation as they will not be able to participate in that. You are asking for some little thing they could do to improve the overall condition of the cemetary.

Start lining up some in kind contributions and start with Woody Hunt who just backed out of the big development over there on that side of town. You are a citizens committee not a 501(c)(3) so they probably cannot get a tax break so don't focus on it. Focus on their patriotic duty to our community. Again, you don't have to present your entire plan to every potential donor. You are asking for ways to "improve the current conditions."

Have a coherent plan that does not include griping, complaining or crtizicing the current situation. Frame it as, "we are here to help you" regardless if they want your help or not!

Its a noble and worthwhile cause. I will donate $100.00 to your committee when it gets going. PM me with an address when and if the time comes.

I tried to back my previous employer into a corner one day by asking for one million dollars to go to the army hospital at Fort Sam Houston that was funded entirely by private donation. My previous employer has made a mint in Iraq off the back of this war. They didn't give to this worthy cause and made up some pathetic excuse as to not supporting it at all. I have had the pleasure now for two years of contacting their media relations vice president and asking about other contributions they have made to date (zero). I love to hear that sputtering. If nothing else, I remind them of their shortcomings. Not all battles are winnable.

Old 03-10-2008, 04:08 PM

5 posts, read 33,828 times
Default Lozano blah blah blah and his stupid hat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
The no holds barred, *** about anything you want (within the TOS of course) thread for El Paso. The original idea for this came from Da Jammer.

Enjoy!
Really, I have to say along with many of the Saipan-Ledo residents have felt the big shaft from our worthless now defunct, thank god, city rep. Lozano. This guy was just so full of himself that he really thinks he helped us out. All he actually did was get people into a deeper debt by flooding their homes that were worth about 45k and offer them a replacement home that was worth about 110k and leave the 60 year old heads of the households to pay off the differences. And now I hear he wants to become country commish to promote a point less amusment park where he along with the recalled county commish C. Aguilar, who by the way was the real estate agent on many of the replacement homes for the Saipan-Ledo flood victims, will want to profit from. This guy is a joke and by golly what the hell is he thinking of while he wears that stupid hat? He looks like a "tachuela"(roofing nail) short and with a big head that is just full of him and not of good ideas.

p.s. thank you for closing down your miserable joke of Mexican restaurant, "Alejandros" it should have been named "Ale-zarros"

Old 03-10-2008, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbear View Post
Really, I have to say along with many of the Saipan-Ledo residents have felt the big shaft from our worthless now defunct, thank god, city rep. Lozano. This guy was just so full of himself that he really thinks he helped us out. All he actually did was get people into a deeper debt by flooding their homes that were worth about 45k and offer them a replacement home that was worth about 110k and leave the 60 year old heads of the households to pay off the differences. And now I hear he wants to become country commish to promote a point less amusment park where he along with the recalled county commish C. Aguilar, who by the way was the real estate agent on many of the replacement homes for the Saipan-Ledo flood victims, will want to profit from. This guy is a joke and by golly what the hell is he thinking of while he wears that stupid hat? He looks like a "tachuela"(roofing nail) short and with a big head that is just full of him and not of good ideas.

p.s. thank you for closing down your miserable joke of Mexican restaurant, "Alejandros" it should have been named "Ale-zarros"
EDIT: Some may not get my twisted sense of humor so I removed that.. Yeah the guy is a joke. I should go to the next meeting say hi to Dan, and then call him such to his face.

Old 03-11-2008, 01:37 PM

Boy, I can really stop a thread in its tracks, can't I?

You know, I don't like poking a stick at sleeping bear(s) most of the time but sometimes I feel kind of brave.

Here is my bone to pick: I do not consider myself to be wildly patriotic for a variety of reasons foremost of which is that I have worked for the government for over thirty years so I see up close and personal things that lots of people are not privvy to. But, I do feel very strongly about certain things: I do not support this war but I support our military here and abroad. How is that possible: I do little things for troops I do not know like send them gift baskets; the ones I know I e-mail at least once per week; I advocate for veteran's hospitals and contribute real dollars to those efforts; I give up my seat sometimes on airlines so that troops can sit together flying home on leave or sit at no expense in business class; I am not patting myself on the back here but I want to make a point.

I often hear this chest thumping about patriotism but I frequently see the least action from those chest thumpers. I work on national security issues; this is the one thing that patriotic folks love to point to yet I get the least amount of cooperation from them. Some even cite a right to privacy as the reason for not cooperating and yet many of the same people have said little or nothing about the Patriot Act-you want to see a lack of privacy-take a close look there!

This was a test to see where the chest thumping stops and the real work begins. You have by all accounts a national cemetary that is disgraceful. Some of you are veterans. You didn't ask somebody to take your place to go to war; why ask somebody else to take your place in this fight?

Old 03-16-2008, 09:19 PM

303 posts, read 980,554 times
I posted on March 3rd post #170 the post below:

El Pasoans, I just sent an e-mail to Congressman Reyes about the deplorable conditions at the Ft. Bliss National Cemetery. He seems like he would be concerned since he himself is a Vietnam veteran.I hope you and he will forgive me as I gave him my old childhood address and former zip code to allow entry to send him an e-mail.In conclusion, I explained to him where I lived and provided my Nebraska address and other information.

I have not yet heard from Mr. Reyes.I was foolish in thinking that I would at least receive an acknowledgement from him or his office. I signed up for his newsletter and have not received one either. I do not live in El Paso anymore so naturally not living in his district, makes it OK for him not to have the courtesy of replying to my question. Shame on me for thinking he could help.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:40 PM

303 posts, read 980,554 times
I did receive his newsletter today to my surprise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso