Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 12:54 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,878,685 times

Advertisements

Ahh the good old days, a bucket of Coronas and a shot of tequila.. Juarez was not the main party spot.. and I know 6FOOT3 will agree, for North East kids, ANT HILL was the party spot. Now you cant do it because the city and state took over the spot so now they can arrest you, but back in the 80's ANT HILL was military land, so the military police were the only people that could run you off or arrest.. so all us North East kids would park over looking the city and drink and have a good time.. back before the gangs started to attack people up there and cause trouble. And the Parkland kids had CRATER.. or the Ditch.. big old Bon Fires and parties.. man them were the days. its now gated off and dug out to be more open and easy to spot parties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2008, 04:12 PM

639 posts, read 1,033,403 times
You know I remember that fateful day like it was just yesterday, it was on a Friday and a classmate came and told me if I wanted to go to a party in Northgate, he gave me this false address so me and the boys set off for Northeast El Paso looking for a party that did'nt exist, when somebody in the group said lets go to Zaragosa and cheack out the bars.

Muhnay I wonder if you are talking about the same CRATER unless Northeast El Paso had their own CRATER because the Eastside had one once you drove off LomaLand exit into the desert you would drive about two miles into the desert about where the Vista Del Sol golf course is located now.

Old 01-22-2008, 04:25 PM

Yeah there was a Crater on Deer near Parkland High School. I knew about the East Side one too, because my best friend went to Eastwood.. Heck I spent more time at his school then I did mine. =)

Old 01-22-2008, 04:41 PM

I had a couple of cousins that attended Andress High back in the mid 70's, I did'nt know they were my cousins till we went over their house somewhere close to Castner Range for Christmas in 1971, anyway I never heard of a Crater in Northeast El Paso, it's probably gone by now and I saw some pictures of Parkland High School not long ago, I did'nt recognize it they did something to it.

Old 01-25-2008, 08:31 PM

1,011 posts, read 2,813,147 times
I never went to Juarez; this side of the border was good enough for me. Usually the parties I went to were at people's houses, though I did have a memorable one in the canyon off Robinson near the KDBC-TV transmitting tower when I was 16.

Old 01-25-2008, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGH!Lonesome View Post
I had a couple of cousins that attended Andress High back in the mid 70's, I did'nt know they were my cousins till we went over their house somewhere close to Castner Range for Christmas in 1971, anyway I never heard of a Crater in Northeast El Paso, it's probably gone by now and I saw some pictures of Parkland High School not long ago, I did'nt recognize it they did something to it.
If you head down Deer street, the crater used to be out there and Railroad drive.

Yeah Parkland is getting a major overhaul. They built a brand new Elementary School On Deer, and updated the Jr. High. They are tearing down the old Elementary school, and will build a whole new wing to the High School. Did you see my pictures of the school in the picture thread?

Old 01-26-2008, 06:36 AM

I did'nt recognize Parkland till I saw the stadium, but yeah! I did see your pictures I like the way they start off with a picture of the Andress stadium and the AHS painted on it.
Ysleta never got to compete againt Andress when I attended school.

Did you know that Ysleta was the first El Paso school to paint a giant Y on their stadium, then other schools followed and painted their school initials on their stadiums,
I always thought it was cool because it kinda of brought out the "PRIDE" and the spirit,
Ysleta had alot of pride and spirit in the days of the 70's, what about Andress?

I need to take a grand tour of Northeast El Paso someday.

Old 01-26-2008, 02:05 PM

HIGH!Lonesome, you went to Yesleta, did you know a Susan Tranter?

My Sisters Senior class gave that as the senior present to the school. She was Vice President that year.

Old 01-26-2008, 06:07 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,497,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Ahh the good old days,

Juarez was not the main party spot.. and I know 6FOOT3 will agree, for North East kids, ANT HILL was the party spot.
Noticed how the 80's appears alot on this thread. Are we showing our age or was it just a heck of a decade to party in El Paso...

Your right Muhnay about Ant Hill being a party spot in NorthEast as i had some great times there as we from Andress sometimes partied with Parkland students but we both hated anyone from Irvin.

There were some great clubs back then no matter what your Genre of music was. We went to SASOS and Scorpios for Heavy Metal and Hard Rock. We went to the Dallas Club and Caravan East for Country Western. For top 40 Dance we went to Monopoly's on Viscount. We also like Chelsea Street Pub at Cielo Vista to just hangout at El Paso's largest mall.

Now i'm getting homesick.....

Old 01-26-2008, 06:26 PM

I used to Bounce at Scorpios, and my Sister Bartended there. She also Bartended at SASOS, funny thing about sasos now is its a Bail agent building where criminals have to report to.. kinda funny I guess it really has not changed much, lol.

Dallas was my main hang out.. it was also know as the El Paso Meat Market.

Yeah Poor IRVIN, always getting picked on.. We would do bad things to the rocket and they would TP our courtyard. One year some students burned a big A in the football field at Irvin.. they tore our big old Eagle and drug it around the courtyard.. Parkland and Andress were always sister schools.. Do you remember when Parkland had the highest pregnancy rate in the nation.. back we went to school at Andress? Now you know why we like Parkland so much.. lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso