Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 03:08 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,948,625 times

Advertisements

Oh great.. Guess I'll have to stop posting here now. Congrats EnjoyEP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2008, 10:35 AM

3,198 posts, read 12,710,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
Well, good luck! What forums will you be signing up for? I hope El Paso is one.
Hi peggy -

Sorry for the delayed response...yeah, I guess you saw I will help you out here in EP! Also, I am doing Albuquerque and New Mexico as their sole mod since there had been a vacancy there for quite some time. Finally I am doing Milwaukee and Wisconsin. So plenty o' sites to keep busy with!

Old 02-09-2008, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Oh great.. Guess I'll have to stop posting here now. Congrats EnjoyEP.
No need to stop posting here Muhnay! (I think you were kidding anyway)...I know we can severely disagree on a vast variety of things as it relates to El Paso but I certainly as a mod have a responsibility to just follow the terms of what they ask us to do, not "go after" folks I might disagree with from time-to-time...

Actually, I am fairly certain they "recruited" me more because of the openings and the vacancies in the Albuquerque and New Mexico forums where there hadn't been a mod in quite some time and one was needed (and where I post quite a bit too).

So anyway, thanks for the congrats, but really, I just want to keep contributing my thoughts and ideas as I have always done as a mod - you can feel free to keep shooting me down! Just within the forum's TOS of course (and I likewise as well).

Old 02-09-2008, 03:40 PM

Yeah it was in jest, congrats.. we may disagree at times, but I think you'll make a great Mod, your seem like a level headed fair person to me from our debates.. Again Congrats.

Old 02-09-2008, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Yeah it was in jest, congrats.. we may disagree at times, but I think you'll make a great Mod, your seem like a level headed fair person to me from our debates.. Again Congrats.
Dude, believe it or not, there are many things obviously we'll never come close to agreeing on in El Paso, but I really truly think we actually agree on more issues than you or I probably have realized in the past!

I actually welcome debate / disagreement, all of that, for all of us here in the EP forum. I have got no problem with that. I think the one thing you, me, and everyone else just have to do is disagree with still respect, civility, etc.

But thanks much for the kind words man. I appreciate all of your posting here in EP, and maybe someday we'll both get our wishes - you the heck out of there, and me to take your spot there!

Muhnay, as much as you dislike many aspects of EP, take heart in this - up here in Milwaukee, WI tomorrow, the high is supposed to be -2 - yes, the HIGH NEGATIVE 2!! As much as you may hate alot of things in EP, at least you can fire up your BBQ tomorrow! I will be frozen in an ice block!

Take it easy.

Old 02-09-2008, 09:12 PM

I fired it up tonight.. made the best burgers in Texas.. don't tell anyone, I cant have people beating down my door.

I made a family specialty called Bobby Burgers. you take an 1/4 pound Angus Beef patty cook it the way you like it.. add White American Cheese on top with a peeled green chili on top of the cheese criss-crossed like an X on the burger. Get some Texas Toast, toast one piece, spread butter on the other and toaster oven it.. place the burger on the toasted piece top with butter toasted piece of Texas Toast. And enjoy.. you can if you like top it with some other stuff like lettuce, onions, tomatoes and what ever.. but for me the taste of the bread and burger, cheese and chili is all I need. ( I use mild Chilis - but you can spice it up if you like )

But yeah Man, even though we have disagreed a few times, I do respect your opinion, and person. I will agree that the weather has been divine here the last few days. When you get here.. I'll be sure to have you over to one of our cook outs and make you one of the above burgers if you like. =)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso