Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2008, 02:23 PM

5 posts, read 16,253 times

Advertisements

Just heard from my husband, who is working in El Paso while I sell the home here in MI. He is miserable with a horrible cold. Any suggestions for an urgent care (after hours) facility that he could go to get checked out? Here in Michigan we have UC separate from the hospitals so they are easy to find and are quick to get in and out. Our current insurance (BCBS-Michigan) only shows hospitals but thought if I could get info on UC facilities, I could send my husband in the right direction. Thanks for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2008, 06:39 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,620,799 times
Hi elpbound.

Sorry no one was around to answer your question yesterday. I hope your husband is feeling better. There is a terrible virus going around that has been ending up as pneumonia in quite a few people around the country.

I googled phone book, urgent care for El Paso and came up with a few urgent care facilities.

Old 02-07-2008, 07:27 AM

Smile Thank you!

Thank you for the information - hopefully he will get checked out today. Good to know that there is something going around - figured with his traveling back and forth to MI that he picked it up on the plane, hotel, office or the rental car! Medical care is one of those "getting ready to move" items that I hadn't tackled yet. It just moved up the list. Thanks again.

Old 02-07-2008, 10:03 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,620,799 times
Not much snow in your future. I think you will enjoy the El Paso weather and culture.

Old 02-07-2008, 04:37 PM

385 posts, read 1,555,912 times
I don't know what part of town your husband is in but there is a fairly good one on Sunland Park just north of the Sunland Park Mall and there is a new one on Redd Road (south side) near the Adventure Zone Fun Park. I do not have info on any other parts of El Paso. I have a good dr. referral if he needs one which I think is hard to find here in El Paso. Good luck.

Old 02-12-2008, 05:15 PM

KimK: My husband works on the East side so I will "help" him find something over there but I would love a doctor referral. It is always good to get input from people in the area. I am actually coming down this weekend for a short visit and look at neighborhoods. East vs West vs Horizon City. Should be fun but we just got 4" and I heard it might snow in EP on Friday! Trying to get away from that!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso