Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 10:16 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,617,212 times

Advertisements

Just want to make an announcement that EnjoyEP will join me in moderating our El Paso forum. Congratulations!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2008, 10:49 AM

3,198 posts, read 12,710,042 times
Thanks Peggy - you are very kind.

As the regulars here know I am not regrettably an El Pasoan, but more of an El Pasoan-wannabe who has spent considerable time in the area. However, I just have always enjoyed quite a bit contributing to this forum and getting the thoughts and insights of those with various perspectives and histories in and around El Paso.

We get quite a bit of agreement / disagreement / debate, and various other inputs here in this forum and I look forward to continuing with that! As always, we just hope everything is kept non-personal, polite, and cordial to one another!

Viva El Paso folks.

Old 02-09-2008, 03:37 PM

52,683 posts, read 47,932,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyEP View Post

As the regulars here know I am not regrettably an El Pasoan, but more of an El Pasoan-wannabe who has spent considerable time in the area. However, I just have always enjoyed quite a bit contributing to this forum and getting the thoughts and insights of those with various perspectives and histories in and around El Paso.

We get quite a bit of agreement / disagreement / debate, and various other inputs here in this forum and I look forward to continuing with that! As always, we just hope everything is kept non-personal, polite, and cordial to one another!

Viva El Paso folks.
Way to go, EnjoyEP!! Muchos congrats!!

Old 02-09-2008, 03:38 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,948,625 times
Congrats EnjoyEP. Use the wiffle bat on me k.. =)

Old 02-09-2008, 06:11 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
Quote:

Viva El Paso folks.
Hey EnjoyEP! What a fantastic moderator you will make. Congratulations! Woot!

Old 02-09-2008, 07:15 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,868,965 times
Quote:

Viva El Paso folks.
Hey, Enjoy EP, you'll do a terrific job!! Your posts are always so open and informative...and fun to read!

I love EP myself, but I liked it better 30 years ago before it got so HUGE. Having said that, it's still a wonderful city, despite the downsides.

Even getting lost in EP is fun (most of the time, LOL!) because you never know what you're going to find!

Now if someone could direct me to a good taquería, I'd be a happy camper.

I love Alamogordo and my mountains here, but there is no really good Mexican/Tex-Mex food here other than at one place in Tularosa. So....when I come to the EP Sam's Club, I'll be looking for a good restaurant the same trip!!

Old 02-09-2008, 07:22 PM

Cathy..

taquería loc: El Paso, TX - Google Maps

Also, when you come down to El Paso, there are some nice Mexican/Tex-Mex places to eat here in the N.E. closest to you in Alamogordo.

Old 02-09-2008, 07:25 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,868,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Cathy..

taquería loc: El Paso, TX - Google Maps

Also, when you come down to El Paso, there are some nice Mexican/Tex-Mex places to eat here in the N.E. closest to you in Alamogordo.
Hey, Muhnay.....THANKS so much!! I'll make my list and check it out!

When are you headed for Galveston?

Neat city, fascinating downtown and residential architecture...

Old 02-09-2008, 07:42 PM

I am thinking sometime this year, after the kids get out of school, and before the start of the new year. But the wife and I have also discussed about this time next year, just to make sure we are ready.

There is still some debate if Galveston will be the place. My Brother and Sister both in Washington State, have expressed that they would like me and my family up that way. I am not into cold.. so I don't know. My brother is in Seattle, and my Sister in Spokane. They want me to move up there and convince my mom and aunt to move up there as well.. but that is not going to happen.

I am also considering some of the East coast cities.. nothing to big.. or small. But Galveston has a feel and vibe I like. I only spent a couple days there this last time though and was impressed with the changes I have seen. If I could stand the cold more, I would move to Portland Maine, or one of the small fishing villages there.. I love that old seaside town look and vibe. I also love Light Houses... and saw some really nice ones up that way a few years back.

I know I want to live near the ocean.. it energizes me, lets me dream, and invigorates my soul! So if I can find a place that has good/great pay, and is not over priced to live in near the ocean I will be half way there. As well as some place my kids can be safe and get a decent education. =)

WOW, I gave you a book for a simple question.. sorry I am a bit wordy tonight.

Opps sorry EnjoyEp for derailing this thread... lets get back to giving Enjoy some props for making MODERATOR!

Old 02-09-2008, 08:58 PM

3,198 posts, read 12,710,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Congrats EnjoyEP. Use the wiffle bat on me k.. =)
Thanks again Muhnay, and don't worry man, only a whiffle bat, nothing more!!

I talked alot about this in the other thread (City for Us thread) but we've really gone to some battles in these threads that have time become personal and that is too bad. I think you are a smart guy with alot to offer on EP, and I think (or at least I like to ) that I am a pretty smart guy with a different take / perspective. I don't think either one of us -truly - is "right" or "wrong" all the time, even though both of us would like to think so! Truly though, we both just have a different way of looking at the city, and I respect that.

You are a native and a long-time resident. I am an outsider who has never lived there, only spent tons of time there and has family there. Thus, even in that alone, you have a lot of different perspectives. You also probably like / are into different things in a city/place to live - all of this I respect and appreciate.

I think the big thing and I know you'd agree is just that when - any of us - disagree, argue, debate, etc., we just have to do so on a cordial, polite, almost-professional type level. Debate the facts, etc., not the people.

I really think if any of us ever ran into the other one of us in "real life" we'd probably actually really enjoy each other's company. I am not ready to break into a cheesy rendtion now of "Cumbayah", however, hey, we all are into geography, places, etc., enough that we spend limitless time on this forum to help advise others! That probably shows a joint interest there in iteself.

Anyway man...sorry for the rambling response. I appreciate the kind words, and don't worry, whiffle bats are as hard as I go. And if I ever cross the line with you, you rat me out to peggy davis and she'll beat me over the head still too (she has seniority on me! ).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso