Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 04:50 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,136,259 times

Advertisements

RBF perhaps?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2016, 01:18 PM

137 posts, read 173,940 times
Get another doctor. You don't have to put up with an idiot who does not respect his patients.
I went through the same with a doctor who did not seem too concerned about by health concern. Those uppity doctors are looking at you with dollar signs in their eyes.
Do you have good health insurance and so on is what is first going thru their minds.
I just never went back to that doctor. I was being treated for bronchitis.
Everyone should do the same. You get not treated well, just go to another doctor.
Yes, it is that simple.

Old 04-10-2016, 01:20 PM

137 posts, read 173,940 times
As for the "machismo" in EP. It has a lot to do with the very low education levels in that city.

Old 04-11-2016, 06:38 PM

156 posts, read 182,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass Transit user View Post
Get another doctor. You don't have to put up with an idiot who does not respect his patients.
I went through the same with a doctor who did not seem too concerned about by health concern. Those uppity doctors are looking at you with dollar signs in their eyes.
Do you have good health insurance and so on is what is first going thru their minds.
I just never went back to that doctor. I was being treated for bronchitis.
Everyone should do the same. You get not treated well, just go to another doctor.
Yes, it is that simple.
Can probably switching PCPs, but hard to switch providers when only 1 maybe 2 of that specialty is in that field and the next closest one is in Phoenix or Albq.

Old 04-12-2016, 09:57 AM

2,054 posts, read 3,341,785 times
Might be a Texas thang. I had a contractor in Galveston tell me that giving women and minorities the right to vote was one of the worst things that ever happened to this country. I simply could not believe someone like him still existed in this day and age, but he's not alone! We left Texas for a lot of other reasons, and moved to Las Cruces for four years, just a short drive from El Paso. While I did like a lot about New Mexico, El Paso seemed like the pits.

Old 04-12-2016, 03:21 PM

102 posts, read 128,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarino View Post
Might be a Texas thang. I had a contractor in Galveston tell me that giving women and minorities the right to vote was one of the worst things that ever happened to this country. I simply could not believe someone like him still existed in this day and age, but he's not alone! We left Texas for a lot of other reasons, and moved to Las Cruces for four years, just a short drive from El Paso. While I did like a lot about New Mexico, El Paso seemed like the pits.
Nope

Old 04-16-2016, 09:52 AM

156 posts, read 182,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarino View Post

Not a Texas thing.

Old 04-16-2016, 09:56 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I've been in El Paso for nearly 34 years. My wife asks questions of all kinds of folks daily. In the early mornings, she asks me WAY too many.

Never had the experiences you've outlined.

Maybe it's the way she asks...
Yeah.

Unlike men, women often have to be careful how they word things.
You know. So they don't offend anyone.

Well-established phenomenon.

And still insanely sexist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso