Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 08:21 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,138,149 times

Advertisements

Biased? On this forum? You don't say? The only surprise was it wasn't biased against something from El Paso.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2012, 09:06 AM

404 posts, read 860,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observe View Post
Biased much? Do some homework and you will discover some surprises!!
Biased? Not Really!

Old 12-27-2012, 09:55 PM

32 posts, read 98,489 times
I think utep has a beautiful campus but there are little things that irritate me about it.. one, i think they should make all buildings look the same, even if some are older.. there is one tall building that you can see from i-10 that is next to the new parking garage. it's an eye sore imo at least paint it to match the rest of the new designs. if all of it's buildings matched, i would easily say it's one of the nicest campuses in texas.

Old 12-31-2012, 11:30 AM

2,258 posts, read 3,494,719 times
UTEP will be far more beautiful once cars are gone from inner campus, to be replaced by walkways for pedestrian/bicycle traffic and huge green areas. The Schuster lot will also eventually be replaced with more parking garages and mixed use development.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:47 AM

111 posts, read 238,195 times
I agree that the "car centric" nature of UTEP's campus really detracts from the beautiful architecture. It is not a very enjoyable campus to visit during classes. Both NMSU and UNM have UTEP beat in that regard.

Old 08-20-2013, 03:40 PM

340 posts, read 609,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davbetcoo View Post
I agree that the "car centric" nature of UTEP's campus really detracts from the beautiful architecture. It is not a very enjoyable campus to visit during classes. Both NMSU and UNM have UTEP beat in that regard.
I think it would also be really nice if the area around UTEP was more walk-able and pedestrian friendly. Wasn't a pedestrian recently hit and killed in that area?? Sad. College neighborhoods are supposed to be really pedestrian friendly! There should be at least be one pedestrian bridge crossing Mesa near the campus!

Old 11-20-2014, 01:46 PM

137 posts, read 174,044 times
The UTEP buildings are nice to look at in that Bhutanese-style architecture. But I like to call that college the University of Claustrophobia because of the little windows and high walls. Plus, the campus is cramped-looking and it is in a very congested area in EP.
I think the NMSU campus is more conducive to learning because it located in an area that is wide open.
The buildings are low with lots of green space in between to walk, run, bike and not that much car traffic. Plus it has that spectacular backdrop of the Organ Mountains.

Old 11-23-2014, 08:46 AM

1,011 posts, read 2,832,557 times
Anybody ever been to Western New Mexico University in Silver City? (More or less in the El Paso region.) When I was there a year ago, it looked okay, though most of the buildings were fairly old.

Old 11-24-2014, 07:32 AM

575 posts, read 884,633 times
I think we should be really proud of UTEP's unique architecture and connection with Bhutan. It gives UTEP a cache it would otherwise completely lack.

and MassTransit -- I get your point, but high walls and small windows are appropriate for the climate, I think -- and nobody is learning while biking in the green spaces.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso