Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2011, 03:01 PM

28 posts, read 44,028 times

Advertisements

It's not Denver, but still nice scenery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2011, 10:24 AM

4 posts, read 10,042 times
No, it is not pretty. Very dirty city!! Trash everywhere!

Old 06-25-2011, 11:21 AM

2,619 posts, read 6,136,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happywife! View Post
No, it is not pretty.
Your opinion. Can't argue that.

Quote:
Very dirty city!!
Wrong.

Quote:
Trash everywhere!
Wrong again.

Old 06-26-2011, 03:02 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
No, it is not pretty. Very dirty city!! Trash everywhere!
It can be pretty, parts of El Paso are beautiful - but like always, beauty is in the mind of the beholder. So is what's too much trash and graffitti. In my mind there is too much trash thrown around and graffitti, but some might consider it art.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:50 AM

730 posts, read 1,895,586 times
I don't know...no more trashy and dirty than San Francisco and Los Angeles metro areas.

Old 07-02-2011, 02:59 AM

8 posts, read 14,305 times
lol the answer is NO, (the people are rude, very selfish) trash is everywhere, no law enforcement of the simple traffic laws, etc. If you spent atleast went one day in El Paso and go to any store with a large patronage (walmart) you will see the real EL Paso. On the a lighter note NEW MEXICO is close by.

Old 07-02-2011, 05:02 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,136,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLLY1969 View Post
lol the answer is NO, (the people are rude, very selfish) trash is everywhere, no law enforcement of the simple traffic laws, etc. If you spent atleast went one day in El Paso and go to any store with a large patronage (walmart) you will see the real EL Paso. On the a lighter note NEW MEXICO is close by.
I never argue with one's opinion. It is what it is. I find it very interesting that you point out a lot of negative things about El Paso but then insinuate that things are better in NM. By most accounts, even on this hate and crab filled forum, EP is friendlier, cleaner, and safer than NM. I would assume you are a recent transplant and not used to the southwest and/or bordertown culture. I could be wrong. Regardless, I challenge you to experience all of El Paso. There is a lot more variety here than most closed minded people give it credit for.

Old 09-10-2011, 04:36 PM

44 posts, read 91,693 times
Default El Paso Is Pretty But Lacks Civic Pride

Recently TV Reporter Darren Hunt reported how the Scenic Drive Park was a pitiful sight to anyone visiting this old landmark favored by tourist and locals. After some viewers saw his report a group of civic minded citizens made a huge effort to clean up the park. It was stated by some one that placing more trash receptacles near by would help remedy the situation. It is doubtful that more trash cans would do anything for the park. The fact is that the same low life pigs that throw dirty diapers and beer cans all over shopping center parking lots and streets are the same animals that throw glass beer bottles in the street. The Police Academy on scenic drive should be a detriment to these polluters but apparently the Police never oversees the site. The department heads responsible for cleaning this park are not earning their pay.The same lame excuse of lack of funds is pure BS. A bi-annual cleanup would not cost much. I'm sure that from now forward the good citizens of El Paso will now be expected to continue with doing what city employees are hired to do.

Old 09-11-2011, 08:12 PM

44 posts, read 91,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitano54 View Post
Anyway, I live in a modest 3,800 sq. ft. home with refrigerated AC. overlooking lake
Travis. Where do you live? Hopefully not in a tent.
Wow!! You really have it made. Imagine a house with refrigerated air. I guess your poor neighbors don't have that luxury. My home, my cabin in Cloudcroft NM. and my Motorhome also have refrigerated air. What a big deal.. A/C in a home must be something new to you.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:27 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,552,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spark View Post
Hi everyone. This is my first post.

I'm a Canadian. Dad has to choose between moving to either El Paso or Florida for business reasons. He likes El Paso best from what he has heard.

I want to know what the scenery is like where you live. Is there a nice view? I'm mostly bedridden and housebound, so looking out the window is a big passtime for me. The satalite pictures and other pictures I've been able to find on the internet make El Paso look dry, kind of flat and smoggy. It looks like a big place that may be hard to get around in. I didn't notice any lawns or trees or parks. Can you grow a garden? I like that the weather is stable.

What is it like to live in El Paso? Thanks for the replies. (( ))
After reading replies it boild down to a very popular saying "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder", bottom line.

So depending on what it is that you expect and are not willing to see the beauty there is, then you will not like it.

While I served in the Army for 32 years I lived in a few places, been in about 25 states and 25 countries and I always found beauty in every single place. I never allowed other Soldiers "this is the uglies place I have ever been" comment get to me. It is up to you to make the best with what you got. My family and I found ways to adjust to our environment wherever we went and lived.

If you really want to, you can make your stay worth it. Many people that live in El Paso hate it and yet many others stay here because they loved it. So it is up to you what you make of it, take care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso