U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2019, 10:39 AM

327 posts, read 315,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doolish1 View Post
You can walk or bike scenic drive on Sunday mornings with no cars..... I miss that....
This is great when they shut the gates and keep the cars off the road for 4 or 5 hours.When I do it I go full retro and listen to American Top 40 with Casey Kasum reruns on 92.3.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2020, 12:06 PM

116 posts, read 73,603 times
El Paso is a city full of mean and hate. Stay away from there if you can. I'd even take Shreveport over El Paso.

Old 07-17-2020, 02:20 PM

1,411 posts, read 2,342,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonorandesert92 View Post
El Paso is a city full of mean and hate. Stay away from there if you can. I'd even take Shreveport over El Paso.
Whew, that's REALLY saying something!

Old 07-17-2020, 04:22 PM

It's true. I've had nothing but terrible experiences with the people there. From being ignored to being stared at to having to deal with people yelling at me there. El Paso is the only city in Texas that is not friendly. Not to mention it's impossible to meet people down there. At least Shreveport has very friendly people.

But I'm only comparing Shreveport to El Paso. If you want to live in the desert, I'd choose Phoenix and anywhere in Phoenix is amazing. Even Mesa is nicer and friendlier than El Paso.

Don't live in Tucson, it's exactly like El Paso. The only difference is it's close to a big city. Other than that, it's El Paso's twin sibling. Phoenix though is a lot like Dallas with Southern Hospitality, friendliness, and your neighbors bring you cookies and a pie. Phoenix just gives off that DFW Metroplex vibe. I'd go there if you want to live in the desert. The heat is not bad and is more tolerable compared to Houston humidity.

Old 07-17-2020, 06:13 PM

Are you pretty familiar with San Antonio? I´m kind of between EP and there at the moment. I grew up in New Orleans, and Shreveport isn´t for me! I am looking west, really SA is the furthest east I´m even considering. If I ended up in El Paso, at least I´d be able to get to Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, etc. a lot faster.

I have friends in Las Vegas who seem happy there. The heat there is probably about the same as Phoenix, no? I think that in 20 years El Paso heat will be about what Phoenix heat is today.

Old 07-17-2020, 06:26 PM

70 posts, read 53,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aab7855 View Post
The heat there is probably about the same as Phoenix, no?
For the most part.

Quote:
I think that in 20 years El Paso heat will be about what Phoenix heat is today.
Huh?

Old 07-17-2020, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedWarm View Post

Huh?
As the earth warms, Phoenix and El Paso will get hotter. My understanding is that for the moment El Paso is cooler than Phoenix, but that the average temps of both will most certainly go up.

Old 07-17-2020, 09:18 PM

San Antonio is much better than El Paso in a landslide. If you had to choose, pick San Antonio.

Old 07-17-2020, 09:40 PM
ZSP

1,620 posts, read 4,542,732 times
Quote:
Quote:
San Antonio is much better than El Paso in a landslide. If you had to choose, pick San Antonio.
Why don't you just stop. You don't live here and it's not your job to to advise others to not live here. The city data forum is huge and I'm sure you can find other forums to spew your ugliness. Just saying.

Old 07-18-2020, 02:23 AM

3,585 posts, read 1,443,393 times
I've lived in El paso since 96, and found people here to be very friendly. If you are walking, and come across someone, and say hello, they respond back in a friendly manner. In grocery store lines, i often end up chatting with the people around me.
I grew up on the east coast, and would say, people in new england are much more reserved...would not respond to a greeting if walking, for instance. Treat you as an outsider until you have lived there for 10 yrs.
Fl and Ga people were very friendly.
I cant imagine people thinking El Pasoans were not friendly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso