Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2008, 09:07 PM

5 posts, read 20,013 times

Advertisements

We are looking at on and off post housing - how are the lines to get on post in the mornings? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2008, 09:20 PM

507 posts, read 1,659,820 times
Well, I believe there are 5 or 6 gates to get on Ft. Bliss and one to get on Biggs AAF. The Cassidy Gate (the main one) isnt as busy as the other ones. The Pershing Gate is usually never busy. The Robert E. lee Gate is semi-busy in the mornings. The Gate by the Stout Gym is usually very busy during the afternoons, but might calm down when the construction is over. The Biggs Gate will be really busy as soon as the housing is done with. Marshall Gate has been closed in favor of opening the Westernmost gate (the one with the bridge) and that one isnt as bad. Overall if you want to live off-post the traffic coming into the base isnt really bad.

Old 05-06-2008, 08:48 AM

385 posts, read 1,555,817 times
I have found this not to be a problem either. Now, I don't go everyday but I have gone at the rush hours (to include lunchtime) often and it may look like a line but they post enough people at the gates that is moves along pretty well. I notice the people that need to get required permits to get on post seem to know it; I rarely see people pulled out of line to go get a permit. Also, the security are trained well enough that it takes them but a second to see that you are okay to drive on. This should not be a big concern to you living off post.

Old 05-06-2008, 03:11 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,953,720 times
The only place it maybe a problem is BIGGS airfield. But they have started the 4 lane in thing closing the two out lanes and making them in only to help move traffic onto post.

Fort Bliss Monitor

On the right is the map link to fort bliss.

Or this PDF is what they hand out at the welcome center and other places around post.

http://www.blissmwr.com/map/blissmwr_map.pdf (broken link)

Its a good map as well.. shows the gates as orange dots.

There are currently 7 gates open, 5 of them close at night and open for PT in the morning. Leaving only two main gates open at night. Cassidy Gate and the Robert E Lee gate are the only two gates open 24/7.

Last edited by Muhnay; 05-06-2008 at 03:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso