Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 08:50 AM

93 posts, read 309,364 times

Advertisements

Ok, since we got on the business topic. Is anyone here a commercial land developer or is familiar with commercial lots for sale in El Paso?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2008, 04:41 PM

5 posts, read 22,008 times
construction and hard labor pay great.

Old 05-13-2008, 05:38 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,441,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGH!Lonesome View Post
I think that alot of El Paso millionaires became rich because they created and founded their own businesses and became very sucessful at what ever they did, examples a would be like Tony Lama, Willy Farah,R.E Mc Kee, Jay Arms,Felipe Duran, I mean there scores of El Pasoans that became millionaires way before the maguiladoras were even thought of not to mention Jaime Bermudez over in Juarez with the twin plant city project, so millionaires were always in the makes in El Paso because there use to be alot of El Paso made companies like Cash Way, The Popular, Circle K, and many many more.
Thats where alot of your El Paso millionaires came to be and there surely has to be more on the way including maybe even lottery winners.lol

Please dont include Jaime Bermudez, his fortune is thanks to one of his relatives that used to "work" for Pemex. In other words he stole millions back in the day.

Old 05-13-2008, 05:46 PM

639 posts, read 1,043,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipbalm View Post
Please dont include Jaime Bermudez, his fortune is thanks to one of his relatives that used to "work" for Pemex. In other words he stole millions back in the day.
I agree, I should'nt had soiled my post with the mentioning of such.

Old 05-13-2008, 08:29 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,266,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomasvzqz View Post
I'd like to know a single person who became a millionaire from a 401K.
I do not mean to spread my feathers like a Peacock, but just want to respond affirmatively that one can become a millionaire on a 401K plan alone.

Regards

Old 05-13-2008, 10:29 PM

12,600 posts, read 9,385,490 times
For the millionaire that wants a good buy, El Paso has always offered lots for the money when it comes to houses and overall cost of living. Yes, many millionaires do indeed watch every penny the yspend.

Old 12-22-2009, 02:28 PM

16 posts, read 48,852 times
There are lots of millionaires from mexico with legal businesses too and they are also bringing jobs to el paso, in fact if mexico's middle and upper classes would not shop or invest here, el paso would be nothing at all.

Old 12-22-2009, 04:45 PM

729 posts, read 2,066,863 times
Join a group called Paso Del Norte Group and they will help you get rich while you overwork and underpay your largely minority work force.

Old 12-22-2009, 05:30 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,916,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGH!Lonesome View Post
I think that alot of El Paso millionaires became rich because they created and founded their own businesses and became very sucessful at what ever they did...
Adding to your list:

The Farahs, Karams, Knapp brothers, Conrad Hilton, and most recently that guy who bought the refinery complexes in El Paso and is buying up downtown, Paul L. Foster!

Almost anyone at retirement age can be millionare by today's standards , IF they wisely took full advantage of retirement plans like IRAs and 401Ks plus investing in their company's stock plans. It's more the norm than many realize.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:42 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,441,742 times
There is a difference between "millionares" though. Back in the day I knew one of the zaragoza/fuentes people, they had a private jet in the santa teresa airport hangar ready to go anywhere in the world at the drop of a hat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso