U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2021, 01:11 AM

146 posts, read 81,355 times

Advertisements

This question actually concerns Juarez but I thought I would also post it here because of the close ties it has to El Paso and thought maybe someone familiar with Juarez would give some insight.

As you well know El Paso is spread across both sides of the Franklin Mountains.However looking at Google Maps I noticed that only the eastern side of Cerro de Juarez is developed.Why didn't Juarez spread over to the western side of their mountain range like El Paso?Is that side of the mountains not suitable for development?I would appreciate your input.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2021, 01:23 AM

45,027 posts, read 64,408,876 times
Perhaps you find some answers here
https://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/31/m...nd-juarez.html

http://epcounty.com/purchasing/bids/...ain_lowres.pdf
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Minnesota,
Economics, Investing, Personal Finance, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 01-15-2021, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Not to be rude,but I asked a question in the El Paso forum earlier and all you did was just post links.I appreciate that to a point,but the point of forum is that if you have a question you want a DIRECT answer and not a link to a multi paragraphed article.Im not asking for anything difficult just curious about something I noticed.

Old 01-19-2021, 11:00 AM

5,693 posts, read 13,485,622 times
Default Oh heck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastVigilante View Post
Not to be rude,but I asked a question in the El Paso forum earlier and all you did was just post links.I appreciate that to a point,but the point of forum is that if you have a question you want a DIRECT answer and not a link to a multi paragraphed article.Im not asking for anything difficult just curious about something I noticed.
Dang, I've been doing it wrong all this time, and I have made so many errors by posting links!

If you want only DIRECT expert knowledge, you should start off your post by noting this requirement. For example:

Information wanted regarding the lack of development on the western side of the Cerro De Juarez. Please note, only expert answers from qualified Sociology graduates is wanted. No links, or references, or guessing,

That always works.

Old 01-28-2021, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
Dang, I've been doing it wrong all this time, and I have made so many errors by posting links!

If you want only DIRECT expert knowledge, you should start off your post by noting this requirement. For example:

Information wanted regarding the lack of development on the western side of the Cerro De Juarez. Please note, only expert answers from qualified Sociology graduates is wanted. No links, or references, or guessing,

That always works.
I wouldn't be too much of a "smart alec" considering that when I asked about El Paso's founder you thought I was talking about the conquistador De Leon!LOL.Nobody mentioned experts,you did.One of the reasons these forums exist is to interact with information shared regarding posters' questions and answers.Nebulous link sharing to off site articles isn't really helping.You seem to post a lot on this forum,I would hope that when you post its to help get things answered and not to try your hand at being an amateur comic.If you don't know the answer,then don't waste peoples time and just move on.You would do a lot of posters a favor that way.

Old 01-29-2021, 09:02 AM

Default Ha-ha..

I left elementary school 40+ years ago, but it was a great time then! I'm waiting for non-link information on your question though; hopefully someone answers your questions soon.

Old Yesterday, 04:50 AM

Thankfully my question was already answered elsewhere and I didn't have to suffer through pathetic attempts at comedic relief.Its great when grown ups act their part online.

Old Yesterday, 02:54 PM

Default Ba-ha-ha

Great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
View detailed profiles of: