Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 07:33 PM

195 posts, read 657,960 times

Advertisements

Man that drug money is helping Juarez out a lot huh? Lol!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2008, 08:37 PM

879 posts, read 3,037,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolfmccoy View Post
Man that drug money is helping Juarez out a lot huh? Lol!
Thats just ri-DONK-u-lous!

Old 07-23-2008, 08:39 PM

879 posts, read 3,037,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6/3 View Post
Chuco....have you thought about posting your original post and photo's on the Mexico Forums on City Data???
6/3, I didn't even know there was a Mexico forum... I guess I'll have to check it out.

Old 07-23-2008, 08:40 PM

710 posts, read 2,962,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuco View Post
12,000? I thought someone said it was going to be somewhere around 18,000 a few months back.. i think it was on this forum. Congrats anyway to ABQ.
I wish Chuco, it makes sense to build it somewhere between 18-22,000. Unfortunately our city council would rather build something that will be obsolete from day one. I guarantee after year one, they'll want it bigger and the cost will be double to add on. Right now the proposal is between 12 and 16,000, either way it will help the city, I just wish we could build something right the first time around. The nice part is it will add a new 23-24 story hotel (probably a Westin) that will become the convention center HQ hotel, The design also includes, retail, restaurants, and housing. Total project cost will be around $380 to $400 million.

On another note, Hunt Development Group (based in EP) is part of the new deal. Why are they not showing love for their home city and building something similar or even an ABQ Uptown type lifestyle center? Don't get me wrong I'm glad they are building such things here, but if we can support them EP definitely can too. And they could capitalize on another up and coming SW city.

Old 07-23-2008, 08:45 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,444,374 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/mexico/

Old 07-24-2008, 03:28 PM

21 posts, read 40,756 times
Some more info

Arena Indios - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Arena Indios will be a football stadium built on Juarez, Chihuahua
In a press presentation it was informed about the type of facilities which will be featured by Arena Indios. The main is its facade, which resembles more a mall than a football stadium. The stadium will also have a capacity of 40,000 spectators, plus 2 giant screens and VIP boxes. It will replace their current stadium, Estadio Olímpico Benito Juárez.
It was also said that the stadium will be located south of the city and that it'll meet the world standards to become the most modern and functional in the country, and in all of Latin America. It is said that Mexico will use this stadium in their bid for the 2018 World Cup.[citation needed]
The holder of the Secretariat of Social Development said that one of the core parts of the State Government is supporting the development of sport and that better be involved in a project such as football in La Primera División with Indios in Ciudad Juarez.

Old 07-24-2008, 03:57 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,954,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catperson View Post
Some more info

Arena Indios - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It was also said that the stadium will be located south of the city and that it'll meet the world standards to become the most modern and functional in the country, and in all of Latin America. It is said that Mexico will use this stadium in their bid for the 2018 World Cup.[citation needed]
I think if the World Cup came to Juarez, it would benefit El Paso TX, Las Cruces NM and Juarez greatly.. and put yet another set of world eyes on us. This is great news, I hope they get the 2018 World Cup there.. Heck I may even try to go if I can.

Do they give a better idea just how south and about where it would be located?

Old 07-24-2008, 04:54 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,621,897 times
So if it's to be built by the summer of 2010 then they should be breaking ground on this soon?? Is that correct Chuco !!

Old 07-24-2008, 05:50 PM

21 posts, read 40,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Do they give a better idea just how south and about where it would be located?
I found this

Which Is at Google Maps

Pretty far from the us-mex border

Old 07-24-2008, 06:29 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,954,930 times
Yeah it is pretty far away.. maybe they are hoping to use this as a spring board to expand the city in this direction.. and lure people away from the boarder and make Juarez more of its own identity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso