Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 10:52 AM

2 posts, read 23,234 times

Advertisements

My girlfriend and I will be traveling into Mexico around 8/31 and she does NOT WANT TO CROSS AT LAREDO! I'ved posted a topic on the Chapala webboard (about 40 minutes south of Guadalajara-is where we are going to) about where to cross. Most of them have suggested Eagle Pass as an alternative. Unfortunately, we will be crossing over Labor Day weekend. We definitely want to use toll roads all the way to the Lake Chapala area.

I would most appreciate any input as to how safe it is to cross there and where is immigration since she has to get her FMT (tourist visa); I am coming in on an FM3. Where is the place where you get your vehicle import sticker? If anyone has specific driving instructions that would be great!

Many, many thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2008, 05:42 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,949,702 times
Dont cross here either.. read a freakin paper dude. Stay out of Mexico.

Old 08-10-2008, 09:03 PM

2 posts, read 23,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Dont cross here either.. read a freakin paper dude. Stay out of Mexico.
All I asked was a question of which I didn't expect such a virulent response. By the tone of your response I would assume that maybe you have never been to Mexico or if you had they were able to read you very well. It's because of people like you that I don't like Texas!

Old 08-10-2008, 09:16 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,677,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fribitz View Post
All I asked was a question of which I didn't expect such a virulent response. By the tone of your response I would assume that maybe you have never been to Mexico or if you had they were able to read you very well. It's because of people like you that I don't like Texas!
I would wonder why someone wouldn't want to cross at Laredo but would rather cross here.

Muhnay isn't being rude -- it's just that most people here wouldn't think about driving through Juarez now. An 11 year old nephew of a local Monsignor was just shot in the head on Mexican highway and with the over 700 murders so far this year in Juarez , it just seems kind of inconceivable that someone would really be crossing over. It's a bloodbath over there, the ambulances are making regular trips from over there to the local county hospital with victims in critical condition.

Old 08-11-2008, 01:32 PM

291 posts, read 647,916 times
Fribitz you can try cross by Colombia-Solidaridad Bridge, east of Laredo.

If you come from I-35 before arriving to Laredo there is a left turn to a $2usd toll road called ¨Camino Colombia¨ in less of 20 minutes you´re in a modern bridge ¨both sides¨ and you have 4 lines highway that connects with the toll road to Monterrey Mexico. The pass is fast!

I hope this helps.

Regards!

Old 07-27-2009, 04:17 PM

2 posts, read 20,900 times
Default please don't go to Mexico

I saw your posting and I just wanted to let you know there is no safe place in Mexico. My husband thought he was safe in Xcalak. He has been missing since April 11, 2009. He was just on a fishing trip and vanished.
The police are corrupt. The drug cartel are everywhere....it is just too dangerous to go there. If anything goes wrong, don't think the US is going to come in like the cavalry and save you..you are pretty much on your own. I have made it my mission to inform people that they are really not safe, not even in the resorts. If I can prevent one family from hell we have been through it will be worth it. I hope you will reconsider your trip.
If you would like to view my husband's website it is findronscheepstra.com

He is also listed on Texas EquSearch

Old 04-17-2010, 09:28 PM

1 posts, read 9,730 times
omg my husband is there we just got married he is thinking to cross in to texas I am scared what to do

Old 04-17-2010, 10:29 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,955,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dionneval View Post
omg my husband is there we just got married he is thinking to cross in to texas I am scared what to do
where is he coming from and where is he going?

Old 04-18-2010, 07:26 AM

1,643 posts, read 4,916,316 times
Ron Scheepstra has never been found, if this web site is any indicator:

http://texasequusearch.org/2009/04/sheepstraron/

Old 04-18-2010, 09:19 AM

2 posts, read 20,900 times
No, Ron has never been found. The Mexican government will not give me any information regarding their investigations, except that they are still ongoing. It was a year last Sunday that he just vanished while on a fly fishing trip with his friends. The US Consulate is of very little help. I must tell you, if you have planned anything in Mexico, whether it is in a resort in Cancun or somewhere in a remote area, you are not safe! Please reconsider going to Mexico for any reason.
Cindy Scheepstra, wife of Ron Scheepstra
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso