Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 01:12 PM

1 posts, read 15,074 times

Advertisements

My dad bought some lots in Sunland Estates in El Paso County 46 years ago. A sales agency has contacted us about selling the lots, but we have no idea what they would be worth. The agent told us it is for RV living. Does anyone have any information or can tell us how to go about finding out. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 03:40 PM

1,437 posts, read 4,589,555 times
do you know where they are an address perhaps

Old 01-04-2009, 11:03 AM

2 posts, read 29,604 times
I also have a lot that is supose to be across the street from the lake and would like to get a survey on it. Do you know anything?

Old 01-14-2009, 07:50 PM

5 posts, read 49,464 times
Default Sunland Estates

Quote:
Originally Posted by szorf View Post
My dad bought some lots in Sunland Estates in El Paso County 46 years ago. A sales agency has contacted us about selling the lots, but we have no idea what they would be worth. The agent told us it is for RV living. Does anyone have any information or can tell us how to go about finding out. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Here's what I know about Sunland Estates...

My parents also bought lots in Sunland Estates over 40 years ago. The purchased 2 lots. I have the original promotional map they got with the property that shows all 39 "units" planned just south of Horizon Blvd, and where their lots sit. Horizon City was a brand new master planned community still in development when they purchased that was supposed to take off and never did. Sunland Estates was hoping to capitalize on what was going on with Horizon City.

In talking with the Horizon City Homeowners Association, they described the Sunland Estates area as completely undeveloped, no roads, nothing. They described it as plain old desert.

My Dad was contacted a year or so ago by a listing service that promoted vacant land all over the country for "RV parking". Naturally they wanted several hundred dollars to advertise. The problem is the land is no where's near any power or amenities and I can't imagine why anyone would want to park their RV in the middle of nowhere.

I am still trying to determine exactly where the lots sit on the map and trying desperately to find a plot map, but no one I have talked to can provide much info.

The land is worth almost nothing according to the tax collector and we haven't been billed for any taxes in years.

I am tempted to take a plane out to El Paso and just take a look at this "boondoggle" Anybody interested in "the heirs to Sunland Estates reunion"?

If anyone has more info, drop a note here. This is the first time I have ever posted to board like this. Maybe the rest of you can join in.

Old 01-14-2009, 07:52 PM

Here's what I know about Sunland Estates...

See my reply to Szorf

Old 01-15-2009, 03:15 PM

271 posts, read 805,886 times
Seems like I remember a land scam many years ago where land was sectioned off and sold to out of state investors as the next planned community and after nothing was ever done with the land people would quit making their land payments and the properties would get repo'd and resold over and over again. Sound familiar?

Old 01-22-2009, 10:09 AM

2 posts, read 29,604 times
My lot in Sunland Estates is ( 10 Sunland Estates # 19 ) is this where yours is? what city are you in, I am in El Paso. I got a map last month from the Tax Office it is very old but it does show where my lot is. It is about 40" x 40" , do you have at least that? Let me know.

Old 01-24-2009, 06:11 PM

1 posts, read 14,647 times
My gram has her original deed from Sunland Estates, Lot 10 & 11. We were just starting to wonder how to sell the property before she passes. Any maps that someone could scan and send me would be of much help. Plus any information would be of great help.

Has anyone attempted to sell their lots?

Old 02-06-2009, 02:24 PM

I am out in California, so checking out this stuff has been a challenge. One thing I did find out was that there are new laws on the books in Texas to prevent these types of land deals in the future.
As I understand it you can't sell lots that under 10 acres in size if they are raw land.

Has anyone else heard that? If so, I think we are all stuck with this property unless someone comes along and wants to buy sets of parcels.

Old 02-08-2009, 06:49 PM

4,246 posts, read 11,975,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aladdin View Post
My lot in Sunland Estates is ( 10 Sunland Estates # 19 ) is this where yours is? what city are you in, I am in El Paso. I got a map last month from the Tax Office it is very old but it does show where my lot is. It is about 40" x 40" , do you have at least that? Let me know.
Your lot is alittle over 3ftx3ft? Unless it's in the middle of NY City you're not going to get much out of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso