Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 12:30 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,952,340 times

Advertisements

Heard they just had a major hiring thing for this outlet mall.. how did that go?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2007, 01:27 PM

639 posts, read 1,043,393 times
El Paso missed out on that other huge outlet mall Eddie De Bartalo wanted to build over the the eastside, yet I would like to know when is Northeast El Paso ever going to get a real mall, North Park Mall was not really a mall at all, maybe with this new smart growth coming to NE EL Paso might bring in some new developement including a badly over due hospital for that area of town.

Old 09-03-2007, 01:39 PM

There are 3 major malls in El Paso. Cielo Vista Mall, Sun Land Park Mall, and then Basset Mall. I agree that North Park is not a mall. It should be torn down. There were plans at one time to build a huge mall complex on Transmountain and I10 there between Diana and loop 375 Trans Mountain rd. Across from Wal Mart and Lowes. Well where Wal Mart is now was going to be a mall.. but the Indian artifacts put an end to that.. then they talked about on the other side, but the Military stopped that. Now that the land is owned by the state of Texas there was talk of selling it off and having a mall there. But who knows.

El Paso is more than just the East Side and West side.. let us not forget our North East side of town.. it has lots of area to expand and a population that will support business. But With the new Outlet mall on the other side of the mountain a mall on the NE wont happen. Maybe they can build a nice hospital there instead. The NE really needs one.

Old 09-03-2007, 03:03 PM

I think with all theses new troops and their families calling El Paso home will probably change all that, El Paso really is like five cities in one, Westside, Eastside, Northeast, Central, and Lower Valley, oh yeah and Far East El Paso.

Northeast has been neglected for ages and is overdue for positive change and smart growth, with population change affecting this area of town a major mall and hospital is going to be needed, I also like to know when the VA is ever going to respect El Paso Veterans and give and build them a real VA HOSPITAL with all the services that other VA Hospitals provide their area Veterans throughout the country, El Paso is the only major city with a large Veteran population without a functioning VA hospital, and that clinic up their by the Army Hospital is a complete joke thats no VA hospital.
NE El Paso could also use some new leadership at City Hall.

Old 09-03-2007, 03:21 PM

Nice wording.. and I agree.. the VA hospital in El Paso is a joke.. maybe that why we have to goto other facilities to get satisfaction of our needs. Gulfport MS has a fantastic VA hospital.. you should come check it out. =)

Old 09-03-2007, 04:02 PM

thanks I got it, "theses" LOL, gosh and i'm sober!!!

I dont understand why elected El Paso officials have really never ever even bothered to even try to get El Paso area Veterans a real VA, the previous VA boss Pincippi said one was on the way, then this other goofball James Nicholson says El Paso dont need a VA hospital, while all Veteran information is being expose through stolen laptop computers during his watch, thank God he is stepping down.

You said Gulfport has a nice VA, how big is Gulfport?

Old 09-03-2007, 04:13 PM

About Las Cruses Size. But there is also Biloxi, Long Beach, Pass Christian, Ocean Side, Waveland and many other cities here. So it feels bigger. Oh yeah the VA here is awesome. the US Naval Hospital and Home was here.. Katrina sorta knocked it down... but they recently said they are tearing the rest down and building a state of the art one in its place.

Old 09-03-2007, 07:50 PM

Seems like alot of communities clustered next to one another or so, it still amazes me because considering Fort Bliss and White Sands with a large military influx and of course the retirees and still no consideration to the areas Veterans, maybe with the doubling the size of Fort Bliss might give those folks in Washington some sympathy for the areas Veterans since the nearest VA is in Albuquerque.

So how many beds does the VA Gulfport Hospital have?
it sounds like it's a full service hospital.

Old 09-03-2007, 08:32 PM

716 I think. Want more info on it.. look here: VA Gulf Coast Veterans Health Care System - Facilities Locator & Directory

Care about vets.. they stopping do that a long time ago. I recall a time you gave your life to the service and they took care of you, paid your medical and many other benefits now denied to our soldiers this day. I met many soldiers coming back with limbs blown off and they are only offering them 10-20% disability. Thats insane.

Old 09-03-2007, 09:01 PM

716! thats pretty big.
Your right the VA has scaled back tremendously with Veteran healthcare benefits to most Vets, they've even change how they conduct business with less hospital stay for inpatient care, I think part of the problem is the agency is corrupted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso