Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 05:53 AM

942 posts, read 2,520,264 times

Advertisements

I sure do hope the Field Grade Hsg. has changed in the past 6 years or so. We lived in it and it was HORRIBLE. Couldn't even sleep at night because the swamp cooler was so inefficient. If it is still the older housing, I would consider renting a nice place off-post. We moved from a great rental in the West Valley to Ft. Bliss' hsg and it was a horrible decision. If it is new, please disregard what I've said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2009, 01:40 AM

1 posts, read 3,010 times
Hello City-data forum I just checked my AKO and it shows us going to Ft.Bliss with a report date of Aug 2010 but I will be signing in much earlier cause of not enough leave days havent got my orders yet but my question is how soon can me and my family be put on the waiting list for on post housing?

Old 12-24-2009, 08:46 PM

158 posts, read 471,689 times
Armydad if I am not mistaken you must have your orders before you can request housing.

Balfour Beatty Communities

I'm trying to remember the exact way we did it. If I remember correctly we submitted an application, they contacted us, and put us on the wait list once we had our orders cut and faxed them to that office.

https://www.yardiasp.com/1444army/po...ptionpage.aspx

The above link is the link to submit an application for privitized housing with Balfour Beatty homes.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:50 PM

5 posts, read 42,135 times
We are also moving to El Paso in March. My husband is in the Marines but wants to live in Ft. Bliss housing ... same reason as Bella's husband and also for safety.

Does anybody know if we can be allowed to live on post? I am looking for houses to rent as well, just incase.

How long is the wait for the housing?

Old 04-03-2010, 03:05 AM

1 posts, read 2,769 times
Muhnay: For some reason I'm unable to view your albums.

Old 04-03-2010, 04:32 AM

276 posts, read 805,392 times
I cant view the pictures either, wonder why?

Old 04-04-2010, 12:06 PM

158 posts, read 471,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starmie214 View Post
We are also moving to El Paso in March. My husband is in the Marines but wants to live in Ft. Bliss housing ... same reason as Bella's husband and also for safety.

Does anybody know if we can be allowed to live on post? I am looking for houses to rent as well, just incase.

How long is the wait for the housing?
I don't know starmie, but this instillation does have a lot of troops that aren't US Army but I don't know the particulars. (I know a lot attend school here).

Either you or your Husband can contact Balfour :

Balfour Beatty Communities

There would be Liaison that could assist you there. Good Luck and your family will love Fort Bliss!

Old 06-02-2010, 01:26 PM

1 posts, read 2,628 times
Hello,
I've recently been put on orders to Ft. Bliss. I was wondering if anyone had any information on the Balfour Beatty communities and schools. I've heard stories about the area and wanted to make that the communities were safe. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-05-2010, 12:18 PM

158 posts, read 438,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glbean71 View Post
Hello,
I've recently been put on orders to Ft. Bliss. I was wondering if anyone had any information on the Balfour Beatty communities and schools. I've heard stories about the area and wanted to make that the communities were safe. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The school would depend upon the community in which you live. We have lived in new housing for two years. We love it, feel very safe (the city itself is very safe though) even though we are not on base, and we absolutely love our kids' school. There is one hell of a waiting list though. I guess they are tearing down some very old E1-E-3 housing and building them new town homes. Unfortunately, they are placing the very jr enlisted in senior enlisted communities since they are being displaced. If you are sr enlisted, this is really upping the time on the wait list.

Old 06-05-2010, 12:19 PM

158 posts, read 438,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by military spouse View Post
I sure do hope the Field Grade Hsg. has changed in the past 6 years or so. We lived in it and it was HORRIBLE. Couldn't even sleep at night because the swamp cooler was so inefficient. If it is still the older housing, I would consider renting a nice place off-post. We moved from a great rental in the West Valley to Ft. Bliss' hsg and it was a horrible decision. If it is new, please disregard what I've said.
All of the housing is refrigerated air now. They even switched it out in Logan last year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso