Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 02:39 PM

6 posts, read 13,321 times

Advertisements

I hate Michigan winters.
They're the worst.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 06:56 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,096,265 times
I have deleted several replies from this thread that were not offered in the spirit intended by the management of City-Data. Quoting the TOS, "We are here to help each other." Members who post in threads where newcomers ask questions need to make sure that their posts follow that spirit, as well as the other provisions of the Terms of Service. If you don't have any help to offer, move on to the next thread.

You're welcome to post a conflicting opinion, but remember that the newcomers don't need you to tell them that someone else is wrong. There are plenty of other threads here to debate your opinion about the way things are in El Paso, so try not to waste your best arguments in threads like this which were started by newcomers. They're looking for advice, not an argument, and these threads will be moderated with that in mind. Besides, they are all grownups and they will figure out for themselves someday which of you was right.

Now I hope that you will please continue sharing your wisdom with these folks who will soon be joining you in El Paso.

Last edited by Bo; 10-29-2008 at 07:31 PM..

Old 10-29-2008, 07:54 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,134,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
I have deleted several replies from this thread that were not offered in the spirit intended by the management of City-Data. Quoting the TOS, "We are here to help each other." Members who post in threads where newcomers ask questions need to make sure that their posts follow that spirit, as well as the other provisions of the Terms of Service. If you don't have any help to offer, move on to the next thread.

You're welcome to post a conflicting opinion, but remember that the newcomers don't need you to tell them that someone else is wrong. There are plenty of other threads here to debate your opinion about the way things are in El Paso, so try not to waste your best arguments in threads like this which were started by newcomers. They're looking for advice, not an argument, and these threads will be moderated with that in mind. Besides, they are all grownups and they will figure out for themselves someday which of you was right.

Now I hope that you will please continue sharing your wisdom with these folks who will soon be joining you in El Paso.
Quoted for truth.

LOL, c'mon - I had to!

Old 10-29-2008, 08:10 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,948,625 times
Ahh you removed my Rick Roll.. dang it. Mista please stop doing that according to the TOS its SPAM, and if you get kicked who will I argue with over EL Paso related things?

Old 10-29-2008, 08:25 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,134,656 times
Don't worry, even Bowie has to have a sense of humor. It was a joke.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:36 PM

So Back on topic...

Quote:
Hi! My fiance and I are moving to El Paso in February. We're moving from Grand Rapids, MI. I am very very excited for the weather change. I strongly oppose the cold. Just wondering if you could just give me some tips for when we move, what I am going to experience which MI cannot offer. And I also would like information on the city. I don't have any idea what part of El Paso we're moving to yet, but beyond that, I am MORE than excited to leave this strange-weathered state. Thank goodness I'll be leaving in the dead of winter. That should make it fun for a few hours of driving.
Oh your gonna love the Winter here, it will be like summer to you.. you'll be out in shorts looking at all us El Pasoans all wrapped up like its freezing and its only 60 degrees. lol.

What brings you here?

Old 10-29-2008, 09:11 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
So Back on topic...

Oh your gonna love the Winter here, it will be like summer to you.. you'll be out in shorts looking at all us El Pasoans all wrapped up like its freezing and its only 60 degrees. lol.

What brings you here?
Now that's funny -- but true. Wait until you see people wearing hats and gloves and big winter coats when back where you're from they really would still be in shorts.

What I still find funny and amazing is that many El Pasoans who have never lived anywhere else have this saying --- "If you don't like the weather here just wait a few minutes" and they'll add "We get every kind of weather here, it changes all the time" and you're just like "huh???"

Our winters really are like the summers of some places -- daily sunshine, 60 or 70 degrees but a little cooler at night.

Old 10-29-2008, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Now that's funny -- but true. Wait until you see people wearing hats and gloves and big winter coats when back where you're from they really would still be in shorts.

What I still find funny and amazing is that many El Pasoans who have never lived anywhere else have this saying --- "If you don't like the weather here just wait a few minutes" and they'll add "We get every kind of weather here, it changes all the time" and you're just like "huh???"

Our winters really are like the summers of some places -- daily sunshine, 60 or 70 degrees but a little cooler at night.

I have never heard that here.. they must be transplants.. Now in Mississippi that statement holds true.. be raining like mad outside wait 10 mins and it is all sunny and nice.. wait 10 mins and its raining again..

Old 10-29-2008, 10:14 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
I have never heard that here.. they must be transplants.. Now in Mississippi that statement holds true.. be raining like mad outside wait 10 mins and it is all sunny and nice.. wait 10 mins and its raining again..
They aren't transplants. Transplants would never say something like the weather changing fast here because they would know better. I heard someone say it just the other day but it's not the first time, I've heard it a number of times. People proclaiming that we have every kind of weather here and that it changes quickly.

It can only be people from El Paso who remembered that many months ago there was a little wind on a sunny day and then it was nice and hot and sunny, a few months later it rained a couple days but the day was mostly sunny and now it's not hot but still sunny. And they remember back some time ago it snowed one day, so they have it in their minds that the weather here changes a lot.

I don't even know why they hire weather reporters here, the weather is pretty predictable.

Old 10-30-2008, 12:19 PM

4 posts, read 5,301 times
hey 1979 thank for the reply man..well im 24 single, i currently in springfield in there nothing to do here man..i was thinking el paso because i met some people in iraq from el paso..they told me with my BA in CJ , my spanish and my veteran status i should be in good shape down there. i hesitate at time it is far away from everything i know, city life like NY ,Boston is only 70 miles and some family member i have in CT. but i think im ready . i heard there is pretty women in el paso, good food, and the wheather is a plus...sick of dealing with the snow..yea last year was mild in the snow, but it was cold man..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso