Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 05:24 PM

756 posts, read 1,992,734 times

Advertisements

This past weekend there was a post wide yard sale open to the public, meaning anyone on post can have a yard sale in the public is free to come which is great for everybody all around.
But I am not joking when I say there where people driving like crazy,all over the road in biggs and every time you check their tag Chihuahua!!!
it was kinda funny because they were just crazy!!
they were fighting with people over the price of things and then just loading down there trucks with just junk!!!

Old 10-28-2008, 06:17 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,883,133 times
Welcome to El Paso Southern.. =)

Old 10-28-2008, 06:22 PM

1,437 posts, read 4,590,329 times
dont you have to have insurance to get on base ooo yeah there from Mex they dont need ins

Old 10-28-2008, 07:12 PM

756 posts, read 1,992,734 times
I was told as long as they had an ID, they could come in for the day.
I do know that some were left at the gate for not having ID.

Old 10-28-2008, 07:33 PM

167 posts, read 481,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbliss View Post
This past weekend there was a post wide yard sale open to the public, meaning anyone on post can have a yard sale in the public is free to come which is great for everybody all around.
But I am not joking when I say there where people driving like crazy,all over the road in biggs and every time you check their tag Chihuahua!!!
it was kinda funny because they were just crazy!!
they were fighting with people over the price of things and then just loading down there trucks with just junk!!!
Southernbliss

What you said reminds me of the following. When we first moved to El Paso, I arranged for a local chairity to pick up some patio chairs. I left them outside in my courtyard and took my daughter to school, twenty minutes later, when I returned, there was a chihuahua tag car with my chairs strapped on the roof. I could not believe it. He just sat there in his car looking at me.

Also I am a avid day after Christmas sales shopper - you know - all the half price gist baskets etc. I did not even bother this last time, as I knew I would not stand a chance.

Old 10-28-2008, 07:52 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,426,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
Okay, I don't want to offend my compatriots in Juarez, but when I see a Chihuahua license plate I see either of the following from the driver:

A) Driving 40mph on I-10...IN THE FAST LANE! (Thoughts of murder!!)
B) Cutting faster drivers off by going slow, making them slam the brakes
C) A 5 second lapse between the green light and said driver stepping on the gas
D)Haphazard parking jobs which block anyone from parking in the adjacent space.
E) Leaving shopping carts in the lot so they'll inevitably ding my car.
F) Taking up all the good spaces at UTEP. (More thoughts of murder!!)
G) All of the above.

To be fair -- I think the drivers of the cars with the Chihuahua plates drive better than the ones with the New Mexico plates.

At least until you get used to the drivers with New Mexico plates -- when they have on a turn signal, it means they're either going to turn the other direction or go straight. And they're the ones driving 30 mph on I-10.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:21 PM

5 posts, read 17,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alliswell View Post
The quality of education available on all levels from public to private to university is what is most disappointing. Doubt any rocket scientist are from EP. Having relatively high standards to compare EP public schools to makes it worse for me because I know full well how far behind and backwards the school system is -- and I am not impressed by anyone or anything that I've seen so far when it comes to planned progress or improvements. It's sad and I try not to think about how much my kids are being cheated out of (compared to other school systems they have been enrolled) instead I try to focus energy on supplementing as much as possible.
alliswell: Actually, I am a rocket scientist from El Paso. I went to one of the poorest high school in El Paso (Jefferson), then I received my B.S. and PhD from UTEP. I currently work at Los Alamos. We can't expect teachers to spoon feed our kids, its up to them to become someone... whether it's a terrible school or not

I understand that this is a "negative" thread, so I agree with most of you that El Paso lacks high tech jobs.

Old 10-29-2008, 11:12 AM

200 posts, read 607,168 times
[quote=malamute;5899191]To be fair -- I think the drivers of the cars with the Chihuahua plates drive better than the ones with the New Mexico plates.

I can attest to this, as I had a breakdown on the freeway by UTEP once. Only 1 car stopped to help. It was a well-to-do "Fron Chi" in one of those Lincoln Mercury luxury SUV's w/his family.

On a negative note:
I've experienced this quite a bit in El Paso, but I hate when I call a place of business & the person who answers (about half the time a woman, no offense to the lovely ladies of EP, just an observation) is unintelligible, unprofessional, & treats me as if they have something else better to do, (usually gossiping w/their coworkers), & just want rid of me. And half the time my call ends fruitlessly.

Last edited by anelizk; 10-29-2008 at 11:15 AM.. Reason: Paragraph was broken up.

Old 10-29-2008, 11:15 AM

2,619 posts, read 6,107,893 times
[quote=anelizk;5907518]
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

On a negative note:
I've experienced this quite a bit in El Paso, but I hate when I call a place of business & the person who answers (about half the time a woman, no offense to the lovely ladies of EP, just an observation) is unintelligible, unprofessional, & treats me as if they have something else better to do, (usually gossiping w/their coworkers), & just want rid of me. And half the time my call ends fruitlessly.
Yes! I have experienced this as well. I'll post a quick story in the chattin thread when I get a chance.

Old 10-29-2008, 11:20 AM

2,625 posts, read 11,187,897 times
[quote=anelizk;5907518]
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
To be fair -- I think the drivers of the cars with the Chihuahua plates drive better than the ones with the New Mexico plates.

I can attest to this, as I had a breakdown on the freeway by UTEP once. Only 1 car stopped to help. It was a well-to-do "Fron Chi" in one of those Lincoln Mercury luxury SUV's w/his family.

On a negative note:

alot of girls from el paso have a phd in "hoochie talk" like that comedian ernie g, used to say!, theyre like " na ah dont lie!" especially in drs offices, those girls are the biggest gossipers in el paso, they talk proffesionaly when the drs are around, but once they leave, forget about it!!!! Alot of them have tattoos, you know the "mi vida loca 3 dots" on the wrist!!, its like they used to be gang members, got pregnant, went to job corps, and got a "degree" to be a medical assistant, i love el paso, but half of these girls at the drs offices are GHETTO!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso