Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2008, 10:13 AM

2,625 posts, read 11,217,616 times

Advertisements

Recently i started to get off at 5:00, that was my normal schedule, but we had open overtime, so i was taking advantage of this, i used to get off at 6 or 7, but they stopped offering o.t., so now that im leaving at 5, the traffic is freaking ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I take Founders st which turns to Walter Jones the turn right George Perry then left on Global Reach on down to Yarbrough to pick up my kiddos, and the traffic now with the ft bliss expansion is ridiculous!!! It used to take me about 10 minutes to get from work to yarbrough, now it takes me about 20 to 25 minutes, the traffic is bumper to bumper after you pass at&t, it seems your crossing the freaking bridge from juarez!!!!! I get home at 630 everynight now!!!! They better think of ways on how to handle all this new traffic, because its ridiculous, what do we live in l.a or what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 10:29 AM

447 posts, read 1,579,663 times
Even if I get off around 5:00 Ill hang around a while so I just don't sit in my car on the freeway. It is better (to me) than waiting. I also just come in later and get out at six so I miss both the morning and afternoon crawl. But just hope there isn't an accident on your way, if there is your screwed.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:58 AM

4,246 posts, read 12,024,391 times
Luckly I miss it both times aswell. In by 5:20am out by 6:30pm

Old 11-03-2008, 04:26 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,952,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
Recently i started to get off at 5:00, that was my normal schedule, but we had open overtime, so i was taking advantage of this, i used to get off at 6 or 7, but they stopped offering o.t., so now that im leaving at 5, the traffic is freaking ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I take Founders st which turns to Walter Jones the turn right George Perry then left on Global Reach on down to Yarbrough to pick up my kiddos, and the traffic now with the ft bliss expansion is ridiculous!!! It used to take me about 10 minutes to get from work to yarbrough, now it takes me about 20 to 25 minutes, the traffic is bumper to bumper after you pass at&t, it seems your crossing the freaking bridge from juarez!!!!! I get home at 630 everynight now!!!! They better think of ways on how to handle all this new traffic, because its ridiculous, what do we live in l.a or what?
I think I mentioned this.. and just think we dont even have 10% of the people or troops yet.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:31 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
Traffic is one reason I'm a pro-no-growth kind of person. I hate traffic, I dislike crowded places. El Paso was a very very nice town when it was less than 400,000 people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
View detailed profiles of: