Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 05:56 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times

Advertisements

I doubt the law in Juarez is doing much to help the people. Did they ever replace those 300 cops they recently fired and who would apply to be a cop in Juarez?

I think most people just about about their day and are left alone because they aren't "involved". The cartels prefer to leave innocent people alone as long as they stay out of the way, they're okay. But -- there sure have been an awful lot of bank robberies too. I think chaos has broken out -- it did some while back.

This guy found hanging apparently arrived to town from Sinaloa. We all know what that means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 08:28 AM

2,625 posts, read 11,218,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muhnay View Post
levow, i have been telling you this for sometime now.. Why would you not believe me until now.
i already knew about this muhnay, all i was saying is that their getting more & more ruthless, how can you hang somebody from a very popular bridge in juarez and nobody see anything, and even if they do, theyre probably to scared to talk, its just sad, its the land of the lawless!

Old 11-07-2008, 08:49 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,954,930 times
Yeah LEVOW it is indeed.. and it will get much worse, and they will get more brazen.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:41 AM

135 posts, read 224,135 times
What about the plane crash on the 4th? It's gotten like no coverage in the US. The fricking secretary of the government, the equivalent of the VP comparing it to the US (as it was explained to me), who was a close friend to Calderon and the main anti-drug government official died when his plane went down in Mexico city. 7 other people on the plane bit it, as well as 10 on the ground. They still can't say if it's an accident, or some sort of sabotage.

Given everything else that has happened, I would certainly lean towards sabotage. Also, it's been 4 days now and they still don't know what it is. That stinks of someone not wanting to panick the people and holding back info. And if someone can take out the vp easily, then the pres can't be too much harder.

Apparently in small towns like Casas Grandes there are also people calling residents saying that they're from the army, and can provide protection of the resident wants to pay for it. I think this is just some enterprising scam artist personally, but who knows. My fiancee is staying with her family there now, and she said for the most part no one's answering the phone unless they know the number, and the streets are completely empty after dark. There have been a lot of killing and stuff like that there as well, and that's just some small sleepy agricultural town a couple hours off the border.

Old 11-07-2008, 11:18 AM

2,625 posts, read 11,218,834 times
A friend i got here at work has an aunt that works at the general hospital in juarez and he told me that when they get a report that sombody has been shot, theyre not allowed to pick them up in the ambulance, for the fear that they might get shot too! She states that shes seen guys walk in to the hospital w guns and all they can do is hide and get out of the way!

Old 11-07-2008, 12:05 PM

245 posts, read 697,870 times
I'm sure most of you know about this but for those who don't....

Yahoo! Babel Fish - Text Translation and Web Page Translation

Just copy and paste the URL into the Translate a webpage field, pick Spanish to English from the dropdown menu. It does a pretty fair job, at least I could get a basic understanding of the article.

About the actual article, if stories such as these are not enough to get our borders secured, I don't know what is.

Old 11-08-2008, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Yeah LEVOW it is indeed.. and it will get much worse, and they will get more brazen.
Here's one from today that's really sad. Very very tragic -- but not in Juarez:

Balean a familia en Nuevo León por error | Diario.com.mx: Edición Cd. Juárez

Nuevo Laredo -- mistaken identity -- the police shot at an innocent family, the kids -- 12, 6, 4, and 2 years of age injured, the 12 year old in critical condition.

Old 11-08-2008, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpelp View Post
What about the plane crash on the 4th? It's gotten like no coverage in the US. The fricking secretary of the government, the equivalent of the VP comparing it to the US (as it was explained to me), who was a close friend to Calderon and the main anti-drug government official died when his plane went down in Mexico city. 7 other people on the plane bit it, as well as 10 on the ground. They still can't say if it's an accident, or some sort of sabotage.

Given everything else that has happened, I would certainly lean towards sabotage. Also, it's been 4 days now and they still don't know what it is. That stinks of someone not wanting to panick the people and holding back info. And if someone can take out the vp easily, then the pres can't be too much harder.

Apparently in small towns like Casas Grandes there are also people calling residents saying that they're from the army, and can provide protection of the resident wants to pay for it. I think this is just some enterprising scam artist personally, but who knows. My fiancee is staying with her family there now, and she said for the most part no one's answering the phone unless they know the number, and the streets are completely empty after dark. There have been a lot of killing and stuff like that there as well, and that's just some small sleepy agricultural town a couple hours off the border.
It's not news much at all, and it really does make you wonder. Are the people of the USA not supposed to know what is going on next door? That is a very big deal in Mexico. Not even the local paper here covers much of anything in what it likes to call our "sister city".

http://www.diario.com.mx/imagesnotas/2008/11/NAC419900TA.jpg (broken link)

Old 11-08-2008, 08:31 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,954,930 times
I call racism.. what Hispanics/Mexicans are not a worthy story? Or maybe you just don't care. What does that say about our relationship with Mexico? Sad and Tragic... they need to get a grip on it soon.. how many people must die before enough is enough?

Old 11-08-2008, 02:16 PM

756 posts, read 2,000,031 times
Why do the local news not do more stories on this?
I mean every now and then they will say something but not often, it is like they do not want to tell anyone.

anyway that is sad.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso