Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 05:04 PM

756 posts, read 1,999,921 times

Advertisements

Go see a hockey game their kinda fun to watch.
golfing is nice.
sunday drive anyday of the week.
there are some nice things to do around here...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 05:29 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,136,850 times
Not only can you watch a hockey game but the ice rink is open to the public a couple days out of the week. They even give lessons to the kiddos.

Old 11-10-2008, 07:03 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistabinks View Post
Just buy the newspaper every Friday and read El Tiempo. There is always something going on - always. This is the one issue that I have the most problem with. "There is nothing to do in El Paso." I take my little one out every weekend and we never have to resort to video arcades or movie theaters. There are always fairs, exhibits, and events to go to. You just have to want to look for them. There is also a magazine that is free at most restaurants. I think it is called El Paso Inc. That is filled with upcoming events in the Sun City. How can you not find something to do here?

-Clubs? There is everything here from Techno to Hip Hop to Country to Strip Bars.

-Sports? We may not have major league teams here but we have a mid major college program, professional baseball, hockey, and an upcoming arena football team.

-Parks! Have you seen all the skate parks around town? Kids have no excuse not to get outside.

Also, check out the city's web site. There are free concerts, poetry readings, and display all the time.
I feel the same way when this question is asked about any city.

Make your own fun; enjoy a movie, visit friends, walk in the local park, have fun with your kids, attend a local event, go to a garage sale, hike in the mountains, eat at a nice diner, read a good book!

Not every city has everything to offer, but to rely upon the municipality to "provide" you with a good time is expecting a little much, IMO.

Make your own fun!

Old 11-10-2008, 07:21 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeshole View Post
El Paso and boredom tend to go hand and hand. Someone help me slay this beast. What do you do in El Paso for fun?

Im all hiked out.
Drive up to Cloudscroft and do some more but different kind of hiking. Camp up in the Gila Wilderness. Go bike riding. Team roping. Or trail riding along the river, along the canals, or rattle snake hunting. There's paint ball. Scenario games up in High Rolls. Get a dune buggy or ATV and head out to the mesas or desert.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:20 AM

271 posts, read 809,790 times
We enjoy not being buried in snow half the year and if it isn't snowing you're freezing your a**-off as most the country is right now. Give me the southwest anytime. Let me cook on the grill in December and run around in shorts 10 months out of the year. Nothing to do in El Paso? Go outside and do something, be grateful it's nice out, take mistabinks advice.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:48 AM

507 posts, read 1,659,820 times
Well i thought that there was absolutely nothing to do in El Paso until i moved to Colorado Springs, now there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO in CO Springs! You have to drive up to Denver to do anything! at least El Paso has few things.

Old 11-11-2008, 06:41 PM

49 posts, read 313,430 times
"If you're bored, you're boring"

Serious.

Buy a classic car and restore it....join one of the car clubs or make one of your own. Some of the prettiest drives anywhere are within 100 miles of E.P. And you can drive year round here. Try cruising in Minnesota in January.

Cruise up to old Mesilla for lunch with a group of your friends through the pecan orchards.

Buy a motorcycle and ride it from Cloudcroft to Mescalero. You'll find plenty of folks that want to go riding.

There's plenty to do here.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:23 PM

524 posts, read 1,369,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipbalm View Post
Move.
well..move is what I did but not because I wanted to, but because I could NOT find a job there in my hometown...Honestly,,I am NEVER bored in El Paso...and there is alot to do...like visit family, shop, museums, go to places in NEw MExico, run...too much to name here..for me...I am always busy when I am there..

Old 11-11-2008, 08:28 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Of course this is a good thread for someone considering a move here. El Paso really isn't for everybody. It's not really that EXCITING but some of us don't need that. It's more laid back. Well okay -- it's kind of boring but it's still got great weather, sunshine every day. Good hiking and it's good for taking walks, sitting outside.

If you need excitement, it might be more exciting in a few other cities.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:01 AM

2,625 posts, read 11,218,228 times
Cruise up to old Mesilla for lunch with a group of your friends through the pecan orchards.

thats an excellent drive, i recommend this too!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso