Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2008, 04:49 PM

20 posts, read 81,453 times

Advertisements

just last sat nite someone or some punks decided to walk up my driveway and break the drivers door windows on my 2 corvettes and slash two of the tires,of course no one ever hears or see's them,just like the graffiti its just there in the morning!

well it seems that us law abiding citizens just need to take matters into our own hands if you know what i mean! and keep an eye out for each other and our property.

of course the police will never catch them but they did manage to give me a $52.00 ticket when i parked over the sidewalk in my very own front yard,yeah know it woulda just been to much for him to knock on my door and say hey can u move the car? is there some reason why yer parked like that.but those days are gone when you knew everybody in the neighborhood including the police,it just seems like who cares about the next guy.

well to the punks out there,think of this your not a man yer just a @#$$y,back in my day if i had i problem with someone i'd just duke it out and settle it,but now u punks are to chicken and only know how to throw something or drive by and pull a trigger.

so people get off the couch and take a walk with yer neighbors late nights and we'll keep the punks out,or at least catch em! those worthless neighborhood signs on the corner are just that worthless,theres one on my corner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 05:04 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,264,045 times
Default 'Sounds like envy..

Have other homes been targeted as well? If not, it might mean it was targeted at you, which begs the question, have you done anything to attract this attention? I'm not blaming you, 'just saying that either the vandals were envious, or they had it in for you for some reason.

It's a shame this happened; my friend went to Reliant Center (Houston) with his family to take his kids to see Disney on Ice last night, and when he returned to his Expedition, he found the lock busted out. Some guys saw boxes he had in in the back, and when they opened them up, all they found were Christmas decorations his wife purchased earlier in the day. They did not take the cell phones, movie system, etc. Go figure.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:13 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,134,656 times
There was a segment on the news last night. It is a specific neighborhood - not one house.

Time for a neighborhood watch, video camera, and some extra lights. I understand your frustrations but don't stick your neck too far out there. Stay within the law. Go to the eppd website and email everyone there. Get some answers! I love my neighborhood. Everyone watches out for each other.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:47 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,948,625 times
Shoot them. Moderator cut: inappropriate You were protecting yourself and your family and your property. Just some things to keep in mind.

Last edited by Bo; 11-17-2008 at 09:09 PM.. Reason: We don't need that much detail about how/what to shoot.

Old 11-17-2008, 06:37 PM

271 posts, read 809,560 times
It's a shame it's come to this but pretty soon everyone will have cameras watching over the front of their homes just like the stores do. It's probably just a coincidence but this morning when I went out to my truck the right rear tire was flat. No hole I just aired it up. I also live on the East side.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:44 PM

20 posts, read 81,453 times
Default ding dong Avon calling

Well like ya said time to put up cameras and more lights,i had a night vision camera in a box that i've been meaning to put up,well its too late but its up and so are the motion and flood lights,no street light on my street,does anyone know what it would take to get the city to put one in on the block??

as for what you do if you catch someone in your yard either breaking into or vandalizing your property,,well lets just say you have to be defending yourself to get away with shooting them,but then again i do remember there was a case where a guy shot someone in his backyard for steeling cinderblocks and he was not charged,,so shoot them then drag them into your house and all is well,,sad but true.

i grew up in N.E and have never had to deal with anyone messing around my house,,now i have lived on the eastside(montwood area)for only 2 years and have had 3 incidents already,the last 2 were-a guy just walked in our front door(daytime-i was at work) and my sister in law who luckly is built like a linebacker kicked him out the door,he was claiming he was at the wrong house,but several wrong houses later amazingly he was arrested.

the next one was just a few weeks ago at 12:30 midnight someone was banging on our front door,i was home and went to the door,some drunk just wanted a light for his cig,well several doors later he was arrested also,i was the 911 caller this time,so if you never see the perp's you may as well 4get the P.D catching them.

for all you non-violent dont believe in guns type out there think of this:
could you live the rest of your life knowing someone broke into your house and killed your family and you survived or would'nt you feel much better seeing your kids grow up and knowing their alive cause some waste of a person is dead cause you defended you self and shot them?

think about it,,crime is every where and the cops arent,
Defend yourself!!

Old 11-17-2008, 07:50 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Texas is good because you don't have to drag the corpses into your house. It just has to be after dark and they're in your yard or on your property and you view them as a threat. It's not so messy this way.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:51 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,134,656 times
Do you have any dogs gringo?

Old 11-18-2008, 12:45 PM

271 posts, read 809,560 times
Always,always,always defend your family. I'd rather explain my actions in court than bury a loved one. It's not worth the risk to not defend yourself. I keep a loaded sawed off 12 GA. in the bedroom and will shoot first and let the rest of the s**t sort itself out. I'm not a mean or violent person just someone who deals in reality.

Old 11-18-2008, 12:59 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,948,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Shoot them. Moderator cut: inappropriate You were protecting yourself and your family and your property. Just some things to keep in mind.
How is that too much info.. If a Person shoots to wound, they are breaking the law, if they shoot to kill they are with in the rights of the law. I was explaining that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso