Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 08:25 PM

5 posts, read 22,345 times

Advertisements

I thought you were joking, but just saw it in the el paso times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 08:58 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,959,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb44 View Post
I understand, but what about driving through to go deeper into to chihuahua, would you go see your family if they we're further in and all you had to do was drive through Juarez? do you know of anyone who has been carjacked?
I know someone who was carjacked near Lerdo at the Juarez end of the Stanton Street bridge. They took her SUV. We stay alert when we go into Juarez & no longer go to Juarez restaurants. I prefer the free bridge when coming back as carjacking is unlikely -it's all jammed up and no where for them to go.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:59 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,443,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Did you read that they kidnapped the kidnapping expert from the USA?
Not to sound mean, but that is just funny/sad I would only wander around Mexico if I had a marine platoon with me at all times (with air support just in case).

Old 12-23-2008, 12:31 PM

2,601 posts, read 8,523,771 times
At last its open!

AP: The new and long-awaited Us-Mexican Counsulate opened to a blaze of gunfire, in which 2 consulate guards were wounded and 5 civilians reported dead. It is not known at this time whether any of the civilians were Americans. In addition damage to the consulate is estimated at $1.3 million dollars. President George W. Bush in a brief statement emphasized " The United States will not tolerate acts of terror, and those responsible will be punished in the same manner as those who threw shoes at the head bimbo last week."

Old 12-23-2008, 07:43 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,958,039 times
Ocean, please step down off that pedastel you have placed yourself. And stop attacking Bush at every chance you get, this is not the political forum. Thank You.

Old 12-24-2008, 04:42 AM

2,601 posts, read 8,523,771 times
Muhnay - sorry you were not amused but usually my smart-ass remarks result in people giving me those reputation thingys ( often in my replies to you) so some one must enjoy them.

I do promise not to make any more comments about Bush just as soon as he keeps his promise to balance the budget!

Old 12-29-2008, 09:31 PM

571 posts, read 1,932,795 times
Let me tell you 2 things, first they NEEDED that new building very badly. As someone who had to visit the old consulate last September, that place was tiny, understaffed, crowded, extremely hectic and dangerous outside, low security, and rundown. Outside you get harassed by people trying to take advantage of you and people get their important documents stolen and taken "hostage" in the doorways of the clinic and consulate. Thank god that place is gone. The new one should have more security.

Secondly, you want to know something very sad? This is where all the U.S. citizens and their spouses must go who want to get their spouses a green card. Believe it or not, there are actually millions of "mixed status" couples and if a U.S. citizen happens to fall in love with someone who is illegal, this is where they have to go. To one of the most dangerous places in Mexico. I know it's a controversial thing, but I have had the opportunity to talk to hundreds and meet dozens of these couples and every single one has been in love, their formally illegal husbands/wives were Americanized and hard-working, many came as children and ended up stuck here, and most of them had U.S. citizen kids. We had to spend about 2 weeks down there and were scared the entire time. That being said we went out with other couples to restaurants, malls, supermarkets, and even the movie theatre and we were all just fine. However there were killings at the same hotel we stayed at, and at the same park we went to. It's horrible down there and I can't understand why they make citizens go down there.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:46 PM

195 posts, read 658,085 times
It's time for a Punitive Expedition 2, lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso