Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 03:02 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,692,672 times

Advertisements

I was watching the Dept of Homeland Security cabinet hearings on C-Span featuring the new Cabinet Secretary Janet Napolitano who is also the current Gov of Arizona was grilled about stopping illegals from working in this country illegally and she said that ''the Bush Administration only investigated 22 companies in the entire USA for 2008 which she said was a disgrace and that cracking down on employers hiring illegals will be one of her top priorities as Dept of Homeland Secretary if confirmed''.

Anythoughts ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2009, 03:13 PM

167 posts, read 484,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
I was watching the Dept of Homeland Security cabinet hearings on C-Span featuring the new Cabinet Secretary Janet Napolitano who is also the current Gov of Arizona was grilled about stopping illegals from working in this country illegally and she said that ''the Bush Administration only investigated 22 companies in the entire USA for 2008 which she said was a disgrace and that cracking down on employers hiring illegals will be one of her top priorities as Dept of Homeland Secretary if confirmed''.

Anythoughts ??
Lets hope and pray she is confirmed.

Old 01-16-2009, 03:23 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,992,922 times
And that she lives up to her word.

Old 01-16-2009, 03:25 PM

67 posts, read 302,394 times
Get rid of the IRS all together and just have a national sales tax. Problem solved and everyone stops bitching about illegals stealing our precious back breaking labor.

Old 01-16-2009, 03:26 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,992,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeshole View Post
Get rid of the IRS all together and just have a national sales tax. Problem solved and everyone stops bitching about illegals stealing our precious back breaking labor.
HUH? how do you come to that conclusion?

Old 01-16-2009, 03:35 PM

67 posts, read 302,394 times
Illegal aliens donot pay taxes on income, and since they're undocumented there bosses pay nothing either. This is the only way I can figure we can get our wasteful hands on that money. Sure some of it will be sent over the boarder back home, but overall its better than nothing.

Old 01-16-2009, 05:28 PM

756 posts, read 2,004,762 times
I just hope she stays true to her word.
People say one thing then forget all about it when they get the job.

Old 01-16-2009, 06:01 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,316,430 times
Default I think she will do well....

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbliss View Post
I just hope she stays true to her word.
People say one thing then forget all about it when they get the job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
And that she lives up to her word.
Quote:
Originally Posted by missinggreen View Post
Lets hope and pray she is confirmed.
I don't think the country will have a problem with her in this regard, I think she will help the cause. This is interesting to note, considering she is part of the party who fought tooth and nail to oppose most efforts to stop illegal immigration, and the raids in general.

I have no problems with this pick and I trust that she will stay true to her word; her past record indicates she will.

Old 01-16-2009, 06:32 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,156,460 times
I wonder what she means exactly. Keep Mexicans out completely or create a way for honest Mexicans to work in the States legally?

Old 01-16-2009, 06:54 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,692,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
I don't think the country will have a problem with her in this regard, I think she will help the cause. This is interesting to note, considering she is part of the party who fought tooth and nail to oppose most efforts to stop illegal immigration, and the raids in general.

I have no problems with this pick and I trust that she will stay true to her word; her past record indicates she will.
One thing that is encouraging is that she signed legislation as Gov of Arizona that had the toughest employer sanction laws in the nation along with Oklahoma for hiring undocumented workers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
View detailed profiles of: