Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 03:33 PM

507 posts, read 1,661,868 times

Advertisements

Look, the only way El Paso is going to lure companies into bringing jobs is to spend money and improve the city. Not raising taxes and staying in the present is only going to make this city fall even more behind than the rest of Texas and the Southwest. Instead of stating that El Paso is one of the poorest cities in the country and not doing anything about it, why dont you look at what the current council (minus Ms. precious and Holguin) is trying to do to make quality of life better here.
Would you rather stay at the job you have and not be able to afford "extra taxes" or have higher paying jobs come here and get paid more because of thos extra taxes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 04:10 PM

272 posts, read 1,063,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C. View Post
I'm tickled pink that y'all can afford the extra taxes. Personally, I cannot. I am sticking by my views whether they be Marxism in nature or not. I do not intent to ever try and sway votes away from what y'all think is right. I simply stated my defense for who I thought did more for my area than the ones that preceded her.
That's what we are discussing here Ken. I have zero respect or confidence for someone so secretive and so anti business. I don't understand how you equate giving tax incentives to corporations to bring their white collar jobs to the area and thus increasing the tax revenue from all those employees. It's not a cause & effect thing, you can provide incentives and still get more revenue for the local governments. We have to get with the times if we are going to compete with other regional cities.

Old 04-28-2009, 04:46 PM

430 posts, read 1,341,720 times
You know what I find interesting? District 4 is one of the most heated races. If everyone thought she was doing such a damn good job, why is it so contested?

Old 04-28-2009, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard View Post
You know what I find interesting? District 4 is one of the most heated races. If everyone thought she was doing such a damn good job, why is it so contested?
hmm... I dont know alucard. ask Ken C.

Old 04-28-2009, 05:02 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,654,987 times
Quote:
I think it was in yesterday's newspaper a news story featuring all the canidates running for dist 4 and why they are running against castro and the list of responses ranged from the conservative right to the progressive left as to why they are dissatified with her.

I have to admit one thing though and that is if she loses i will be somewhat sad as it's hilarious to watch the city council meetings on the EP City website and everytime the camera points to her she's staring at her fingernails .

Old 04-28-2009, 05:53 PM

37 posts, read 69,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
I think it was in yesterday's newspaper a news story featuring all the canidates running for dist 4 and why they are running against castro and the list of responses ranged from the conservative right to the progressive left as to why they are dissatified with her.

I have to admit one thing though and that is if she loses i will be somewhat sad as it's hilarious to watch the city council meetings on the EP City website and everytime the camera points to her she's staring at her fingernails .
Perhaps because she's bored silly by the current antics of the city and it's power hungry council?

Old 04-28-2009, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Ok, if Cook is great then why are there so many running against him?

Old 04-28-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smguy101 View Post
hmm... I dont know alucard. ask Ken C.
If you look, it consist of runners from the past elections. I'm sticking by Ms. Castro and y'all can vote your own choices.

Old 04-28-2009, 06:37 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,654,987 times
Quote:
Perhaps because she's bored silly by the current antics of the city and it's power hungry council?
Perhaps she shouldn't be there if she's bored .

Old 04-28-2009, 07:03 PM

Quote:
If you look, it consist of runners from the past elections. I'm sticking by Ms. Castro and y'all can vote your own choices.
I respect your opinion and choice, but we're just stating the obvious. Melinda Castro is horrible. She's a looker, but she should keep her past day job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso