Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 11:19 AM

194 posts, read 440,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrabilius View Post
Generalization?
Actually, no. I'm not sure why members of this board think everything is a generalization. I said that many of the schools are jokes and that they are some of the most dangerous places in the city. I never said "all" or even "most," but the schools that are failing in El Paso are failing in a big way. I am basing this opinion on five years teaching experience in the school district, not just that one incident. Unfortunately, that type of incident is all too common in El Paso schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2009, 08:25 AM

730 posts, read 1,895,586 times
Looking out the airplane window as we approached EP the first time I came here

Old 06-16-2009, 12:58 PM

23 posts, read 54,466 times
I worked U.S. Customs down there for 4 years, lots of things happend to me that were heart stoppers. Overall, it was a nice town with nice people.

Old 10-24-2014, 07:07 PM

137 posts, read 173,983 times
I was a kid about 14 asleep late at night at home. It was one of those very cold nights, freezing outside, probably some time in late November.
I woke up to the sound of dogs barking and howling off in the distance, like they do when they hear sirens in the area.
I could hear the dogs barking and howling 3 or 4 blocks away and then I noticed that the barking and howling started to move up my street towards my home until the dogs of my neighbors also started to bark and howl.
As the howling dogs got louder, I could clearly hear the dead tree leaves right outside on the streets and sidewalks start to rustle and move like a breeze was moving them, but it was not breezy or windy that night. The air was dead-still outside.
By then all of the dogs in the backyards around me were howling and barking pretty loud and I could hear the sound of the dead tree leaves moving up my street and that sound of rustling leaves on the street became more noticeable right outside my bedroom window because the lawn of the house had dead leaves on it that night.
The sound of moving dead leaves and howling and barking dogs continued moving up the street and the howling and barking dogs close to my home slowly faded as what ever it was continued moving up and away from my home and dogs further away from my house started to howl and bark in the distance.
I lay there in my bed frozen and not able to move.

Last edited by Mass Transit user; 10-24-2014 at 07:21 PM..

Old 11-11-2014, 12:15 PM

1,899 posts, read 3,508,887 times
I saw The Exorcist when it came out at the Plaza Theater.

Old 11-20-2014, 10:03 PM

797 posts, read 752,285 times
I got cut off by a women the other day,but im used to it already.She was on her cell,putting on make-up,and yelling at her kids.As I pass she gave me a dirty look,as usual.Like I said,im used to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso