Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2009, 01:10 AM
ZSP ZSP started this thread

1,765 posts, read 5,118,385 times

Advertisements

I was speaking with an employee/volunteer this morning and learned they are about to be "homeless." The land their facility is using is being reclaimed by its owner. PGA is looking for at least one acre of land to relocate their kennels. April 23rd is their deadline to vacate the premises and I gather they are rather frantic in their search for a new site. They would love for someone to donate enough land for them to relocate, rather than close down. Their second location is in San Angelo.

We need PGA here in El Paso. Every rescue here is overflowing with homeless, abandoned and abused animals. If I remember correctly, Pet Haven on the west side recently announced their closing as well.

This city already euthanizes over 24000 animals each and every year....can you imagine what this number will be if Pet Guardian Angel is forced to close? BTW, I have permission from this employee to post about this. If anyone has any suggestions or offers of land for a good cause, please give them a call.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2009, 08:40 AM

479 posts, read 1,293,826 times
oh wow I hope something turns up! How sad!!!

Old 03-27-2009, 04:12 PM

272 posts, read 1,062,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSP View Post
I was speaking with an employee/volunteer this morning and learned they are about to be "homeless." The land their facility is using is being reclaimed by its owner. PGA is looking for at least one acre of land to relocate their kennels. April 23rd is their deadline to vacate the premises and I gather they are rather frantic in their search for a new site. They would love for someone to donate enough land for them to relocate, rather than close down. Their second location is in San Angelo.

We need PGA here in El Paso. Every rescue here is overflowing with homeless, abandoned and abused animals. If I remember correctly, Pet Haven on the west side recently announced their closing as well.

This city already euthanizes over 24000 animals each and every year....can you imagine what this number will be if Pet Guardian Angel is forced to close? BTW, I have permission from this employee to post about this. If anyone has any suggestions or offers of land for a good cause, please give them a call.
That's just not right. Hopefully someone can step up to the plate and help PGA!

Old 03-29-2009, 08:29 PM

The lack of posts to this news speaks loudly to the mindset of the local population. That makes me very sad. This city already euthanizes over 24,000 animals every year; I can only imagine the increase in this number once PGA closes down. Yet, the city is still full of BYB's, pet stores and worse - dog fighting for sport.

Thank you mrsrobinson73 and usmc el paso.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:19 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,134,656 times
I disagree that this represents the mindset of the local population. There are many other Pet Guardian Angel threads on this forum. Many of them are very long. It might just be a case where none of us have a lead regarding free land. I hope it works out for PGA. Three of my dogs are from there.

Old 03-30-2009, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistabinks View Post
I disagree that this represents the mindset of the local population. There are many other Pet Guardian Angel threads on this forum. Many of them are very long. It might just be a case where none of us have a lead regarding free land. I hope it works out for PGA. Three of my dogs are from there.
Touche' - I may be a bit sensitive but one does not have to have a lead on land just to comment. "Oh, too bad" or "Wow, PGA does such good work" you know what I mean Mistabinks?

Could be just me - the silence is deafening but I'll stop now. I'm heavily into rescue and rescue orgs all over the country are overwhelmed and bursting at the seams right now. Too many animals, too few foster homes and dollars to meet basic needs. The current economic woes do not bode well for our animal population. Someone has to speak for them, over and over and over again.

Old 03-30-2009, 07:06 AM

479 posts, read 1,293,826 times
zsp I can tell you feel strongly about this ~ Im still hoping that something works out, cuz its just sooo sad! I am not in El Paso yet, but will be there in May, and we want to adopt a dog as soon as we settle in.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:05 AM

2,619 posts, read 6,134,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSP View Post
Touche' - I may be a bit sensitive but one does not have to have a lead on land just to comment. "Oh, too bad" or "Wow, PGA does such good work" you know what I mean Mistabinks?
I can see your point and agree with you there. And yes, PGA does excellent work.

Old 03-30-2009, 02:42 PM

430 posts, read 1,339,307 times
I apologize for not posting anything. I do care. I saved my 3 dogs from death. It's a shame that they are having difficulties. I hope that something works out for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso