Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 12:15 AM

479 posts, read 1,294,336 times

Advertisements

yea i was just wondering if they really had a handle on the situation. I mean, i dont' think anyone can argue that there is a big problem, then I turned on my internet to read about how that meeting went and the first thing I see is that JK and the meeting determined that the hype was exaggerated, that there is not a need for our military presense there, and that its all good.

I mean, Im not saying to send our guys there ~ one way or the other ~~~ but I just don't feel like ANY THING was exaggerated as far as the severity of the problems in mexico. And, if there is spill over I would like to think that the politicicans were very concerned about it.

But I feel like its citizens like yourselves that have the "real" take on it ~ its too bad they would't have invited a random sampling from the city to also speak at the meeting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 02:07 AM

702 posts, read 2,723,676 times
I felt safe living there, but I was a bit cautious when I went out to bars.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:50 AM

272 posts, read 1,062,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan#1 View Post
Sounds reasonable! especially with all drunken traffic accidents late at night.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:28 AM

702 posts, read 2,723,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc el paso View Post
Sounds reasonable! especially with all drunken traffic accidents late at night.
Living in Lubbock spoiled me.. I would go to bars and stumble my way to restaurants without a care in the world at times. lol

Old 04-01-2009, 11:32 AM

well anymore these days bars at night can be dangerous places ~ i don't think its any worse in el paso then anywhere else..............generally speaking

Old 04-01-2009, 09:20 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan#1 View Post
I think there are certain bars and clubs that could possibly be targets. As more people from Juarez come over to party here, if some had enemies for whatever reason, nothing stops them from coming over to join them -- then the fun begins.

I would now be more cautious -- but at one time you could go over to Juarez and not have a care in the world, or it seemed that way at the time.

Old 04-02-2009, 04:15 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsrobinson73 View Post
im sorry!!!! I should have worded the question differently. I should have just asked what was everyones opinion on the "meeting" that was held in El Paso, regarding the violence, and the threat to El Paso. And do they agree that the threat was exaggerated......... My question honestly had nothingn to do with "john kerry' specifically other than that was the name in bold attached to the heading on el paso times and the only heading i remembered by the time i was asking this question.......................
Your question was not worded improperly. I don't think you have a reason to apologize.

Old 04-02-2009, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Your question was not worded improperly. I don't think you have a reason to apologize.

Thanks Synopsis
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
View detailed profiles of: