Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 01:05 AM

5 posts, read 8,667 times

Advertisements

Hello this is Brian Burds I would like to start out by thank all of you for taking a concern in the may 9th election. I would also like state that i feel i am a very good for the position of Northeast Rep i am a transplant who chose northeast rather than any other part of town i have made my business in northeast, i have reinvested my earnings into rental properties in NE, and I feel i answer the questions rathet than dance around the political stage. I come from a financial backround with a degree in finance i will make sur the council is heald accoutable for their spending and as a fiscal conaervative i will make sure our taxs are reined in and city dept heads are held accountable for responsible budgets.

Please call me or respond if you have any other questions

Brian Burds

Please excuse any grammer issues I am posting through a mobile devise and by fingers are too big for the keyboard

Thank you

ZSP please give me a call I am nor sure when we met but I assure u the next time we talk I will leave an impression.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2009, 01:14 AM

Please excuse the poor spelling in my last post as well I could not scroll up to proof read. I will make sure further posts are done from a desktop not a mobile device.

Old 04-04-2009, 01:03 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,506,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian.Burds View Post
I come from a financial backround with a degree in finance i will make sur the council is heald accoutable for their spending and as a fiscal conaervative i will make sure our taxs are reined in and city dept heads are held accountable for responsible budgets.

Please call me or respond if you have any other questions
Welcome Brian Burds.

I guess my question for you is since you claim to be a fiscal conservative, how would you differ than Northeast Rep M. Castro as she also beats the fiscal conservative drum also. Although i think she's not done a very good job as ''Northeast'' rep and is even known as councilor ''Vote No'' i will give her credit for sticking with what she believes which is not to spend on anything unless the citizens vote on tax issues and i believe most think she is the most fiscally conservative on the city council.

Thankyou very much !

6/3

Old 04-05-2009, 02:15 AM
ZSP

1,764 posts, read 5,097,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
Welcome Brian Burds.

I guess my question for you is since you claim to be a fiscal conservative, how would you differ than Northeast Rep M. Castro as she also beats the fiscal conservative drum also. Although i think she's not done a very good job as ''Northeast'' rep and is even known as councilor ''Vote No'' i will give her credit for sticking with what she believes which is not to spend on anything unless the citizens vote on tax issues and i believe most think she is the most fiscally conservative on the city council.

Thankyou very much !

6/3
Thank you 6 FOOT 3
That was going to be my question for Mr. Burds.
I look forward to reading his response.

Old 04-07-2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSP View Post
Thank you 6 FOOT 3
That was going to be my question for Mr. Burds.
I look forward to reading his response.
Looks like we're not gonna get an answer ZSP .

Old 04-08-2009, 01:58 AM
ZSP

1,764 posts, read 5,097,063 times
Quote:
Looks like we're not gonna get an answer ZSP .
Sho you're right!

Old 04-12-2009, 10:25 PM

Default Your answer

Please excuse the lack of a quick response I never recieved anything telling me you asked a question.

My answer us simple melina operates on a good financial belief that we should not increase the burden on tax payers to offer better services.

My problem with her is she makes simple no votes while I will make educated votes and I will offer solutions rather then simply voting with one of the factions currently on council. I intend to also walk in each Tuesday educated on the agenda items rather than relyig on staff members to make a presentation on each subject for me. She is a puppet and that is not what NE needs we need a educated individual working and representing the citzens of NE. I will offer that and I will make sure I bring a good arguement to the table when the members of council vote againest NE. I will make sure the media knows the arguement and holds the other reps accouteble for leaving NE at the bottom of the barrel for far to long.

Enough is enough and I am sick and tired of NE not getting the postive proactive reprsentation we deserve. That is what I will bring different to he table and out can bank on it.

Old 04-12-2009, 10:30 PM

Once again you catch me on my mobile and I am not great with predictive text

Call me or email me directly if you need any clarification

Brian@brianburds.com

Old 04-13-2009, 12:14 PM

272 posts, read 1,059,626 times
Quote:
The el paso association of realtors endorsed mayor cook and 3 out 4 of incumbent city councilor members (Byrd, Ortega, Acosta) as N.E. rep Castro being the only incumbent not being endorsed (Brian Burds endorsed for N.E.)

Greater El Paso Association of Realtors endorse Mayor John Cook, Rep. Susie Byrd, others - El Paso Times
What a big surprise! the reclusive & secretative Melina Castro the only one not being endorsed! Could it be that she is so anti progress and anti business?!

Old 04-13-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian.Burds View Post
Please excuse the lack of a quick response I never recieved anything telling me you asked a question.

My answer us simple melina operates on a good financial belief that we should not increase the burden on tax payers to offer better services.

My problem with her is she makes simple no votes while I will make educated votes and I will offer solutions rather then simply voting with one of the factions currently on council. I intend to also walk in each Tuesday educated on the agenda items rather than relyig on staff members to make a presentation on each subject for me. She is a puppet and that is not what NE needs we need a educated individual working and representing the citzens of NE. I will offer that and I will make sure I bring a good arguement to the table when the members of council vote againest NE. I will make sure the media knows the arguement and holds the other reps accouteble for leaving NE at the bottom of the barrel for far to long.

Enough is enough and I am sick and tired of NE not getting the postive proactive reprsentation we deserve. That is what I will bring different to he table and out can bank on it.
Thankyou for coming back on here with your response Mr. Burds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso