Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 09:25 AM

2,625 posts, read 11,218,228 times

Advertisements

If any of you take new world to go to work in the morning, im sure youve seen all the "sneaky"motorcycle cops, that hide there I received a ticket about 2 yrs ago, the speed limit back then was 45 mph, it has been increased to 55 now, but anyway, their was 5 cars all going at the same spped limit and they only stopped me!!!! Last week 2 motorcycle cops stopped a total of 6 cars!!! Be careful on new world!!!!! Today all the cars were flashing their lights to inform each other that their was cops ahead, i guess theyve alll been ticketed on that street!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 09:36 AM

479 posts, read 1,294,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
If any of you take new world to go to work in the morning, im sure youve seen all the "sneaky"motorcycle cops, that hide there I received a ticket about 2 yrs ago, the speed limit back then was 45 mph, it has been increased to 55 now, but anyway, their was 5 cars all going at the same spped limit and they only stopped me!!!! Last week 2 motorcycle cops stopped a total of 6 cars!!! Be careful on new world!!!!! Today all the cars were flashing their lights to inform each other that their was cops ahead, i guess theyve alll been ticketed on that street!!
hmmm guess that means no goin over the speed limit on New World! Good to know.......

Old 04-14-2009, 09:44 AM

756 posts, read 1,999,921 times
WOW!! I have never noticed that before, I will be on the look out now.
I have noticed that some of the MPS on base have no life
I have never been stop but a friend of my was stoped for going 3 miles over the limit. I did not know they wrote tickets for only 3 miles over the speed limit but they do here at bliss.
Fort knox would always give you a warning the 1st time.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:29 AM

447 posts, read 1,579,789 times
Quote:
Good to see that people still flash their lights to warn each other...

Old 04-14-2009, 10:02 PM

4 posts, read 6,865 times
Thats the same thing but not as frequent on Diana close to Railroad. The cycle cops like hiding behing fences and i think one time i saw a cop drive right out of a ditch!!!

Old 04-16-2009, 11:18 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,552,834 times
Quote:
Well, I have somewhat of a different view. What does the speed limit sign say? That is a fair warnig to say the least. If you decide to go over it, why is that any problem at all? You broke the speed limit requirement, be willing to help increase city funds.
As far as Ft. Bliss, I support the MPs the same way. Are you going over the speed limit, take your chances. It is personal choice I guess.

Now, I am involved with a lot repair all over Ft. Bliss from Soldier breaking posts, signs, etc. while driving. I am glad MPs are out there trying to keep our post in good shape and saving government money spent in repairing damage by Soldiers.

Actually, at times I have been in meetings where Soldiers complain about tickets and along the way they complain that Pasoans do not know how to drive. I tell them they also do not know how to drive. Example: At the gas stations in Ft. Bliss we had to install signs at the station exist. Why? Because I was told Soldiers were leaving the shoppette without looking when driving into the street!!! Now, you tell me where in the world outside do you see Stop signs when you leave a gas station?! You know you need to check for traffic when you exit, correct?

We always hear the horror stories about a friend, well, I have constant contact with the MP battalion and I see a lot of the things the "victims" do not tell their friends.

I know the provost marshall and he does tell me he does not agree with giving someone a ticket for a couple of miles. Are people lying? Maybe yes, maybe not. I am saying there are not MPs are too overzelaus on their duty as there are "good" drivers out there that claim they did not do anything wrong.

A safe thing to do to a sneaky from getting you? Obey the speed limit.

You have a great day.
El Amigo

Old 04-16-2009, 11:20 AM

BTY, I am not sure if here in Texas or in El Paso it is against the law to warn others by flashing other people. You could get a ticket so find out. If not, don't complain later you got screwed because you broke the law.

You have a great day.
El Amigo

Old 04-16-2009, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
BTY, I am not sure if here in Texas or in El Paso it is against the law to warn others by flashing other people. You could get a ticket so find out. If not, don't complain later you got screwed because you broke the law.

You have a great day.
El Amigo
It's Texas, what isn't gonna get you a ticket?

Old 04-16-2009, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakeguy View Post
It's Texas, what isn't gonna get you a ticket?
So everything here gets a ticket?

Texas has been my home for 42 years and the times I got a ticket I did break the law. Besides that I do not see Texas ticketing me for everything.

You have a great day.
El Amigo

Old 04-16-2009, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
So everything here gets a ticket?

Texas has been my home for 42 years and the times I got a ticket I did break the law. Besides that I do not see Texas ticketing me for everything.

You have a great day.
El Amigo
See that over there? That's the point and sarcasm, you missed them both. Thanks.

Good day to you too sir.

(Not trying to be a jerk but you did miss it.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso