Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 09:57 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,415,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsmicck View Post
I have been keeping an eye on the weather out there, using the internet, and you have had plenty of days in the 70's I think even some 80's, that is plenty warm compared to what we have been having in Colorado.
Yes but warm is a matter of perception for sure. Here's it's not warm when it's in the 70's, it's still chilly. Not just perception because the temperatures here drop so much at night that it can be a low of 30 or 40, slowly rise and peak at 72 but most of the day isn't 72. Same when the high is 100, it's only 100 for a couple hours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2009, 08:34 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,421,379 times
So what is the forecast for this week in EP? Hot, Cold, Windy?? I am flying in on Monday to visit for one week.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:51 PM

247 posts, read 602,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipbalm View Post
So what is the forecast for this week in EP? Hot, Cold, Windy?? I am flying in on Monday to visit for one week.
Its going to warm up starting on Monday from the lows 80's to maybe even 90 by Wednesday or Thursday. I guess its time to turn on the cooler.

Old 04-19-2009, 11:10 PM

5,402 posts, read 13,220,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth from ELP View Post
we had our first humid day of the year...OMG it was unbearable!!!! I miss the dry heat of ELP already.
You haven't felt anything yet!!

Old 04-20-2009, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieloneil01 View Post
Having nose bleeds wouldn't make it a perception? And working for a living outside in the heat and humidity in Houston and now in EP makes it an even better reason why EP has better weather with it's no humidity. Houston weather is as close to hell as you can get on earth. Good riddance.
Did you grew up in Houston area? I have been here only 4 years but I got kind of used to the humidity already. I must say however that I do not have to work outside.

Old 04-20-2009, 09:27 AM

4,246 posts, read 11,975,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipbalm View Post
Did you grew up in Houston area? I have been here only 4 years but I got kind of used to the humidity already. I must say however that I do not have to work outside.

Lived there 28yrs and never got used to the weather. Nothing like leaving for work at 5am and walking outside and sweating upon impact.

And the weather is much more noticeable if you work outside. I wouldn't mind weather if I just walked to my car and into a building. I think (female dog) about weather that way is a bit girlish.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:09 AM

430 posts, read 1,333,322 times
I lived in Arlington for about 6 months. I loved the humidity compared to the dry heat here. But I did notice that the humidity in Houston was pretty bad.

Saturday here was a bit chilly but I was baking in the sun. I was watching my sons track meet and got a lovely sunburn. And then yesterday was pretty damn warm. I got to add on to my sunburn.

It's funny...I burn after 10 minutes in the sun here...with sunscreen on....but when I was vacationing in California, I could sit on the beach with the exact same sunscreen for hours and tan slightly. LOL! I remember about 2 summers ago I was swimming with my kids in my backyard for about 45 minutes tops.....and I got to spend the rest of the month healing from a 2nd degree sunburn. Blisters and all. And yes....wearing waterproof suncreen.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard View Post
I lived in Arlington for about 6 months. I loved the humidity compared to the dry heat here. But I did notice that the humidity in Houston was pretty bad.

Saturday here was a bit chilly but I was baking in the sun. I was watching my sons track meet and got a lovely sunburn. And then yesterday was pretty damn warm. I got to add on to my sunburn.

It's funny...I burn after 10 minutes in the sun here...with sunscreen on....but when I was vacationing in California, I could sit on the beach with the exact same sunscreen for hours and tan slightly. LOL! I remember about 2 summers ago I was swimming with my kids in my backyard for about 45 minutes tops.....and I got to spend the rest of the month healing from a 2nd degree sunburn. Blisters and all. And yes....wearing waterproof suncreen.
Wow you must be pretty light skinned. Do you even tan? one of my friends is so fair skinned she can't even get a tan, she just turns red like a lobster.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:19 AM

430 posts, read 1,333,322 times
Blonde hair, blue eyes, pasty skin......turns a lovely shade of scarlet in the sun. I totally bypass the tan and go straight for the burn.

Old 04-20-2009, 09:39 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,415,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
You haven't felt anything yet!!
Last year we went to Six Flags in San Antonio. It was blistering, baking, sweating hot -- I thought -- but I found it was only 95 degrees. 95 degrees in El Paso is very pleasant, it's amazing the difference lack of humidity makes. It also makes a difference that the high desert/mountain air has big temperature drops at night that cool things down, unlike over there where the night is almost as warm as the day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso