Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 12:06 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,021,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltep View Post
Is it me or is production values for local news pretty bad? Typos on the captions, video that does not match the story, sound like they are in a tunnel; all kinds of little niggly things that are at minimum, annoying.

I think it's just because it's a small city or just El Paso.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 06:10 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieloneil01 View Post
I honestly can't watch the news stations here. The news in Houston was so much better. Here it seems like people can't read a script without messing up. And being a weather man here seems like a cake job.

And when my wife came here she was watching the news and the weather came up. The guy was going through the highs for the cities and she asked what T or C was. I laughed pretty hard when I told her what it stands for. She was like are you serious.

LOL!! How true. All the weatherman needs to ever say, is "Another perfect weather day"

Old 06-01-2009, 10:25 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
LOL!! How true. All the weatherman needs to ever say, is "Another perfect weather day"

It's the delivery that makes all the difference

Old 06-07-2009, 08:51 PM

138 posts, read 454,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltep View Post
Is it me or is production values for local news pretty bad? Typos on the captions, video that does not match the story, sound like they are in a tunnel; all kinds of little niggly things that are at minimum, annoying.
I think KVIA and KTSM look great as far as production goes, but KFOX and KDBC just look so horribly produced! Visually alone they are far below the quality of the other two stations and KFOX in particular has horrible correspondants/reporters! The evening anchors on KFOX are not bad though...

Old 06-08-2009, 12:26 AM

I like women with meat but El Paso has got to be the only place where there's more over weight anchors than any other city.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:49 AM

507 posts, read 1,659,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieloneil01 View Post
I like women with meat but El Paso has got to be the only place where there's more over weight anchors than any other city.
???? Please Elaborate

I havent really seen an overweight news anchor here yet. If anyhtng we have some of the prettiest

Celina Avila
Stephanie Valle
Oralia Ortega
Adrienne Alvarez
Hema Mullur

just to name a few.

As far as News goes, I think KTSM and KVIA are the better ones in terms of news. The only reason why i would watch KDBC is because of Robert Bettes. Other than that they have a horribly made news cast.
And KFOX... No.

Old 06-09-2009, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smguy101 View Post
???? Please Elaborate

I havent really seen an overweight news anchor here yet. If anyhtng we have some of the prettiest

Celina Avila
Stephanie Valle
Oralia Ortega
Adrienne Alvarez
Hema Mullur

just to name a few.

As far as News goes, I think KTSM and KVIA are the better ones in terms of news. The only reason why i would watch KDBC is because of Robert Bettes. Other than that they have a horribly made news cast.
And KFOX... No.

KFox, just watch it. Overweight dude (hispanic) and female (white).

Old 06-09-2009, 04:10 PM

28 posts, read 102,730 times
I personally watch KFOX in the morning for my news. My only issue with KFOX is with Noreen Jaramillo. She stammers quite a bit, and drags out words beyond recognition. I catch myself asking "what the heck" is she trying to say. In all, I watch them all except KDBC. KVIA at 6 in the afternoon after work, KFOX at 9PM, and bits and pieces of KTSM at 10.

Old 06-09-2009, 04:14 PM

28 posts, read 102,730 times
Oh, forgot to mention.
Be careful with Chuck DeBroder...
He has the nickname "Brawlroom DeBroder" for a reason.

Wanna test this theory?? If you see him at a bar on the weekends with his girlfriends ask him "what is the weather going to be like tomorrow", and watch the choking and fists fly. I have seen him get into two separate fights at local bars and my buddies speak of more times and occurances.

Old 06-09-2009, 04:39 PM

247 posts, read 604,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smguy101 View Post
???? Please Elaborate

Celina Avila
Stephanie Valle
Oralia Ortega
Adrienne Alvarez
Hema Mullur

just to name a few.

And KFOX... No.
Forgot Nichole Gomez of KDBC and Brenda Medina of Kfox too. However we are losing too many of the weather/sports people lately such as Amber Sullins, Autumn Sam, John Engleman and soon Jessica Moran.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
View detailed profiles of: