Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 07:33 PM

1 posts, read 10,454 times

Advertisements

How many locations? 1. Downtown 2. Montana @ freeway 3. North loop (across from n.loop school 4. Pershing (across from Bliss auto sales, entrance to Ft.Bliss) 5. Dyer St. (close to Sunrise shopping Center) ANY MORE????????? Was the ketchup just ketchup, or was something else added? Quick, you may be in for a reward. Babymaker Note: My nick name came after fourteen and one on the way (Babies)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 07:37 PM

523 posts, read 1,362,088 times
Yes...of course I remember...I was there..and they were so big and cheap!..do you remember MR Quik by Fox Plaza..the building is still there..but I do not know what it is now!

Old 04-16-2009, 08:00 AM

6 posts, read 29,703 times
Default I remember

I remember going to the Lucky Boy on Montana - great burgers. Don't remember if the ketchup had anything else in it though cause as a kid I usually had my burgers plain. The Mr. Quick was good too. They had 15 cent hamburgers and good shakes. Anyone remember the Elmers around Fox Plaza? I think that was the first place I ever had a corn dog. They also had "broasted" chicken. We lived in Scottsdale but my mother would drive all the way over to Fox Plaza for the chicken. I'm getting hungry thinking about it.

Old 09-07-2010, 08:05 AM

1 posts, read 9,632 times
There was a Lucky Boy Hamburger stand at the corner of Glory Road (was Baltimore St.) at N. Mesa on the SWC.

Old 09-07-2010, 08:25 AM

3,743 posts, read 5,799,120 times
Lucky Boy's were better and more expensive than Mr. Quick. But food seemed really cheap back then. Wasn't there a Lucky Boy's in Fox Plaza as well?

Old 09-13-2010, 03:06 PM

1 posts, read 9,585 times
hey guys im lucky to say that im one of the grandson's of the owner of those lucky boys restaurants and he grills them up for us whenever we make it back to EPT. glad to hear that people still remember how great they were. i know this would make my grandpa smile.

Old 09-13-2010, 11:06 PM

1,437 posts, read 4,589,555 times
Cia86,what Are The chances of you or someone in The
family opening one up downtown

Old 12-07-2010, 12:53 AM

2 posts, read 11,149 times
Oh I remember! Lucky Boy with those large buns. I lived in the San Juan area and worked in many of the local businesses. When I was 13, Mrs. Jewel Paulsen hired me to work at the Elmer's Chicken Cottage on 5700 Paisano. She was Elmer Paulsens's wife. Surely the best chicken in the world! I can still taste the greaseless and juicy BROASTED chicken. You cannot get broasted chicken anywhere in the area anymore. The chicken was marinated and then pressure-cooked.You could get eight pieces in a tub for $1.49! A bag of tater tots cost about 29 cents. This was of course on about 1964. They later moved me to Elmer's Drive In next door. I was making 50 cents an hour! I remember the delicious turnovers made of turkey, minced meat, chicken, cherry, and pineapple. We initiated one of the first microwaves in the area. It was relatively large and cost about $10,000! I worked and all of his locations: North Mesa, McRae, and the restaurant on Montana.
I also remember the Red Rooster and the Red Rooster Bowling Lanes, Heins Restaurant, Shakey's Pizza, and the great shakes that Mrs Thompson sold at Mr. Quicks for 19 cents. I remember Ashley's Restaurant and the grand opening of Chelmont Shopping Center. It was initiated with a showing of the Dancing Waters and a car give-away. Do you remember the little elf village in the middle of the center. Wow, I remember when the freeway was built and then Bassett Center was built from a sand pit. Remember Toys by Roy? Most of all, I really miss that Elmer's broasted chicken. I ate it for over 6 years and never got tired of it!

Old 04-05-2011, 07:51 PM

1 posts, read 9,067 times
Yeah I remember those Lucky Boy's hamburger. I used to go to the one on Montana and the other one up on Alabama St. I believe the ketchup was mixed with diced pickles or relish. And those huge toasty hamburger buns mmmm mmmm goood!!! No one will ever be able to clone those hamburgers! To this day, I tell folks up here in Northern California about them hamburgers. We have to settle for Fuddruckers...

Old 04-06-2011, 03:16 PM

42 posts, read 122,114 times
Anyone know why Fatboy's closed down? The first time I arrived in El Paso, my dad took me there... His dad had taken him there when he was a boy...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso