Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 02:29 PM

479 posts, read 1,293,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard View Post
Actually. the media wasn't reporting what the CDC was informing heathcare officials. The media was downplaying what we were told.
I have heard so many different stories from so many different "official" sources, I just don't know what or who to believe.............I just know that people should stay home if they are sick and take all the proper common sense steps to avoid getting or spreading germies, and that the flu, no matter what its name is, has "break outs" every year, and every year a certain number of people die from it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 03:47 PM

430 posts, read 1,339,307 times
I agree. I work closely with infectious diseases. I've seen so much it's not pretty. Just keep up good hygiene tactics.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:10 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsrobinson73 View Post
I have heard so many different stories from so many different "official" sources, I just don't know what or who to believe.............I just know that people should stay home if they are sick and take all the proper common sense steps to avoid getting or spreading germies, and that the flu, no matter what its name is, has "break outs" every year, and every year a certain number of people die from it.
Yes, it's almost hard to know what to believe. We're being told it's a very mild flu but then they're shutting down the passport office. There's only two cases in Juarez and a few more recovering here but then there's this:

Juarez Family Blames Death on Swine Flu | KTSM.com | El Paso · Las Cruces · Juarez

It's been pretty much back and forth with the reporting on this. Half the time they're saying don't worry, it's nothing, then they put out a scare story.

Old 05-07-2009, 06:50 AM

479 posts, read 1,293,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes, it's almost hard to know what to believe. We're being told it's a very mild flu but then they're shutting down the passport office. There's only two cases in Juarez and a few more recovering here but then there's this:

Juarez Family Blames Death on Swine Flu | KTSM.com | El Paso · Las Cruces · Juarez

It's been pretty much back and forth with the reporting on this. Half the time they're saying don't worry, it's nothing, then they put out a scare story.
yea, its pretty crazy. To me, whats weird is that people die each year from the flu, actually a lot more than has died from this 'swine flu' ~~ yet its never been a "scare" all over the news before quite like this....
At any rate, I hope that its really on the decline and i guess if anything its a good reminder to practise safe hygiene

Old 05-14-2009, 06:22 PM

37 posts, read 69,334 times
As with any outbreak of a disease, virus or other event that we thought was under control in modern times, this current strain of flu is perhaps a warning that all our efforts will eventually end up useless. I'm not dis'ing any medical profession or drug maker, but like an organism, mutations and altercations are just the natural way of things on this planet. This disease is probably an altered form of the one that killed so many years ago, but in today's world it appears to be very mild in comparison to the other flu strains we face every fall season. I'm no doctor or medical professional, but I do feel that basic hygiene is the best cure for most ailments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso