Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 09:57 AM

11 posts, read 26,276 times

Advertisements

I actually have my eye on a place in South El Paso zoned for horses-it's a fluke, yes, looks pretty urban, which hubby will enjoy, ups my chances for employment, and the taxes adjust downward if I put a 'farm animal' on the place. Right off the highway for easy post access.
Any good pool leagues? Hubby likes to play.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 10:10 AM

1,011 posts, read 2,831,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by historyteacher View Post
I actually have my eye on a place in South El Paso zoned for horses-it's a fluke, yes, looks pretty urban, which hubby will enjoy, ups my chances for employment, and the taxes adjust downward if I put a 'farm animal' on the place. Right off the highway for easy post access.

Good for you.

Old 05-06-2009, 11:34 AM

430 posts, read 1,339,691 times
How about Socorro? My bf's uncle has a horse out there in his backyard.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:38 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard View Post
How about Socorro? My bf's uncle has a horse out there in his backyard.
There is some news item about that for Socorro:

Socorro Horse Owners Are Being Cited By City Inspectors - News Story - KFOX El Paso

So it seems the South El Paso place is maybe a better bet.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:57 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Any good pool leagues? Hubby likes to play.
Sounds perfect, especially getting your taxes lowered downward just for putting a farm animal on the place, wish I had that. I can't help you with the pool leagues but the ones you likely already have in mind should work out great.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:37 AM

271 posts, read 809,736 times
East of Zaragosa off Montana are homes with 1-5 acres zoned for horses. I looked at a home last year that had 2 acres, barn,arena,chicken coop, 3 bdrm, 2 bath home for 225K. For those of you who think that area is all trailers and shacks I can only suggest driving out there and look at the beautiful properties that probably can top 500K. There are a lot of homes around the area I'm talking about that are probably under 80K but that seems to be mostly on the south side of Montana and some small parts on the north side. It's a mixed bag out there but if you want land and animals that's where I'd look.

Old 05-07-2009, 12:31 PM

524 posts, read 1,369,771 times
When I live in ELP..I either live in Central or downtown..not the southside but the north part of I-10..close to El Paso High School. I never had problems there and the rent is cheaper than the East or West side..but like I often mentioned..I have my own house there in ELP waiting for me!,,and paid for at that!

Old 05-08-2009, 03:51 AM

479 posts, read 1,294,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XChucoresident View Post
When I live in ELP..I either live in Central or downtown..not the southside but the north part of I-10..close to El Paso High School. I never had problems there and the rent is cheaper than the East or West side..but like I often mentioned..I have my own house there in ELP waiting for me!,,and paid for at that!
LOL yea girlie, you surely do mention that quite a lot! As for the original poster ~ historyteacher ~ Have you found anything yet? I hope your having some luck!!!!!

Old 05-08-2009, 06:31 AM

11 posts, read 26,276 times
Hi Mrs robinson
Nope, no luck yet on finding a place hubby and I both like-but a big part of that issue is the lack of good help from realtors?! What's up with that? Been through three so far-they really don't seem interested in making a sale, honestly. And here I thought the housing market was in a slump-lol.
Really looks like we're going to sell the pony here and just rent or live on post once we get there. Not happy right about now.

Old 05-08-2009, 07:29 AM

479 posts, read 1,294,235 times
Quote:
Hi Mrs robinson
Nope, no luck yet on finding a place hubby and I both like-but a big part of that issue is the lack of good help from realtors?! What's up with that? Been through three so far-they really don't seem interested in making a sale, honestly. And here I thought the housing market was in a slump-lol.
Really looks like we're going to sell the pony here and just rent or live on post once we get there. Not happy right about now.
I have a realtor that i can recommend, he is who we used to buy your house! Im going to direct message you with details!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso