Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 01:02 AM

879 posts, read 3,036,454 times

Advertisements

It's only a small part of the freeway that has opened up, but it can come in handy for those people who travel that area.

The rest of the freeway should be completed by January 2011, which is awesome IMO. These guys are moving really fast on this project.

http://www.elpasotimes.com - Part of Inner Loop opens: Spur will connect East Side El Paso to Fort Bliss

Spur 601 eases commute for soldiers - KVIA.com El Paso, Las Cruces - Weather, News, Sports -

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site525/2009/0529/20090529__0530-B1-spur.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 01:35 AM

1,011 posts, read 2,830,296 times
Where is Constitution Avenue?

Old 05-30-2009, 09:02 AM

Okay, Constitution Avenue would be the street leading into Biggs from Spur 601.

Old 05-30-2009, 07:23 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,954,972 times
I'm not familiar with that area of town, I believe "A2" is the section that's open.

ftp://ftp.dot.state.tx.us/pub/txdot-info/elp/spur601/spur_601_project_facts.pdf (broken link)

Old 05-31-2009, 12:07 AM

36 posts, read 119,749 times
thats great information. Thank you.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:04 PM

28 posts, read 102,730 times
Default New Roads

Hello Everyone,

I posted this info earlier last week before the opening in my Hello El Paso thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzman View Post
Hello Fellow El Pasoans,
Oh also, a big FYI to all Chuco's
Like I mentioned earlier, the Spur 601 opens up tomorrow @ 1:30 PM. There will be a ribbon cutting ceremony and all the fixings. This roadway will highly benefit the new soldiers that are moving into the barracks off LP 375, and will help to alleviate traffic on Global Reach and Yarbrough in both the mornings and afternoons. Hope you guys like it. It was a fast paced project and will benefit the city greatly even though its only 30% complete.

Another FYI, for anyone that has opinions about the CRRMA or the new tolling plan, there will be a meeting at Riverside High School cafeteria next Thursday June 4 at 5:30 PM. TxDOT and the other major players should be there to take the questions.
If you guys have any questions about the new roadways under construction or any CRRMA questions please feel free to ask. As a Civil Engineer EIT with the CRRMA I get to see first hand before the media what is going to happen in the city.

What opened on Friday was Segment A-2 of the Spur 601 in Central El Paso. It was designed to alleviate the traffic that LP 375, Airport Road and US 54 would have to take on once the soldiers make Fort Bliss and the El Paso area home. Attached is an aerial drawing of what opened on Friday.

Actually, that is me in the Gray Mazda 3 in the El Paso Times Photo by Chuco
Attached Thumbnails
Part of the New Inner Loop Freeway has opened-a2.jpg  

Last edited by Ozzman; 06-01-2009 at 12:50 PM..

Old 06-01-2009, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzman View Post
Hello Everyone,

If you guys have any questions about the new roadways under construction or any CRRMA questions please feel free to ask. As a Civil Engineer EIT with the CRRMA I get to see first hand before the media what is going to happen in the city.

What opened on Friday was Segment A-2 of the Spur 601 in Central El Paso. It was designed to alleviate the traffic that LP 375, Airport Road and US 54 would have to take on once the soldiers make Fort Bliss and the El Paso area home. Attached is an aerial drawing of what opened on Friday.

Is my speculation that Constitution Avenue will give access to Biggs from Spur 601 correct?

Old 06-01-2009, 02:29 PM

28 posts, read 102,730 times
Yes, it will and much more. The base is planning the construction and development of a larger Hospital for the service personel making Beaumont the secondary hospital rather than the main. Construction is to begin in 2012 and will be located on or near Constitution Ave (location is not set in stone yet). Currently, Constitution is serving the new barracks off the loop and the GMH Housing Access road and will become a very crowded intersection in the near distant future.

Remember everyone, this road is FREE and non-tolled. It is avaliable for EVERYONE. Every vehicle that travels on the Spur, means more $$ the city roads, and tells Austin, Houston and Dallas that we are not a stale city, but a very much growing city. It shows that El Paso should deserve more state funding that is currently allowed.

Old 06-01-2009, 04:11 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,610,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuco View Post
It's only a small part of the freeway that has opened up, but it can come in handy for those people who travel that area.

The rest of the freeway should be completed by January 2011, which is awesome IMO. These guys are moving really fast on this project.

http://www.elpasotimes.com - Part of Inner Loop opens: Spur will connect East Side El Paso to Fort Bliss

Spur 601 eases commute for soldiers - KVIA.com El Paso, Las Cruces - Weather, News, Sports -
That was a great story and photo and it's about time that El Paso slowly catch up with some of the other Texas cities in it's freeway infrastructure.

Thanks again Chuco !!

Old 06-01-2009, 07:21 PM

I always thought it would make sense to run Yarbrough north past Montana along the eastern boundary of the airport to connect directly with Loop 375. Has that ever been considered, Ozzman?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso