Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 02:09 PM

430 posts, read 1,340,431 times

Advertisements

Anyone have to deal with bad neighbors? I'm moving from a house to get away from mine. I've never encountered people like this before and you'd figure at their age they would have already grown up. How much hell are you supposed to take from them until you finally call it quits? Maybe I'm the only one with bad neighbors but how are you supposed to handle them? I'd love to give back what they have given but....... well, you know. Any suggestions????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2008, 02:17 PM

1,437 posts, read 4,607,939 times
what have they done or what do they do

Old 12-01-2008, 03:03 PM

Oh where to start??? When I first moved in two years ago the woman next door called the cops and animal control on me within the first month. She stated that my dogs were left without shelter...(they have dog houses and a HUGE covered porch)....then she stated that my dogs got in a fight and one of them was bleeding and hurt really bad. She screamed and cussed that she was calling the cops and when they showed up about 10 minutes later (yeah..i know...they show up for that in record time but need them for anything else?? forget it.) the dogs were perfectly fine and standing next to each other at the door...not a drop of blood or limping in sight. The cops went next door to inform her that my fur-kids were fine and then she changed the story stating that a small animal crawled into my backyard and my dogs killed it. Huh??? Anyways.....both Animal Control and the cops found the claims unfounded. Throughout the years she has yelled at me about my kids being too loud (like her kids aren't?) and about my dog barking. First let me explain that she likes to go over to her fence and slam the gates and pester my dog so when he barks she can yell for me to shut my dog up. She also likes to accuse me of starving my dogs (they eat twice a day) and she and her husband throw bones over into my backyard. When two of my dogs get the bones they tend to get sick. I've asked the neighbors several times not to throw food or bones to my dogs so now only half of the bones land in the backyard....the rest land in my front yard.

As for the neighbor on the other side.....we used to get along until I declined his request to forge a signature for him on a particular document. After that.....he now has animal control on his speed dial. He would complain that my puppy would bark at him when he looked over my fence. He would complain that my dogs had no water but even Animal Control could see the buckets full of water in my backyard. My daughter used to play with his kid but she would always come back hurt. I finally told her I couldn't allow her to play over there since she was coming home with scars and bruises. This is just the tip of the iceberg. My kids can't play outside and I would get stressed out driving home thinking I was going to get another visit from Animal Control. Granted every single claim has been unfounded and I have records of it but....the constant harrassment and fear of these people have driven me out of my home.

Old 12-01-2008, 03:07 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,029,495 times
Are you sure you're not the bad neighbor?

Old 12-01-2008, 03:17 PM

447 posts, read 1,580,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard View Post
Oh where to start??? When I first moved in two years ago the woman next door called the cops and animal control on me within the first month. She stated that my dogs were left without shelter...(they have dog houses and a HUGE covered porch)....then she stated that my dogs got in a fight and one of them was bleeding and hurt really bad. She screamed and cussed that she was calling the cops and when they showed up about 10 minutes later (yeah..i know...they show up for that in record time but need them for anything else?? forget it.) the dogs were perfectly fine and standing next to each other at the door...not a drop of blood or limping in sight. The cops went next door to inform her that my fur-kids were fine and then she changed the story stating that a small animal crawled into my backyard and my dogs killed it. Huh??? Anyways.....both Animal Control and the cops found the claims unfounded. Throughout the years she has yelled at me about my kids being too loud (like her kids aren't?) and about my dog barking. First let me explain that she likes to go over to her fence and slam the gates and pester my dog so when he barks she can yell for me to shut my dog up. She also likes to accuse me of starving my dogs (they eat twice a day) and she and her husband throw bones over into my backyard. When two of my dogs get the bones they tend to get sick. I've asked the neighbors several times not to throw food or bones to my dogs so now only half of the bones land in the backyard....the rest land in my front yard.

As for the neighbor on the other side.....we used to get along until I declined his request to forge a signature for him on a particular document. After that.....he now has animal control on his speed dial. He would complain that my puppy would bark at him when he looked over my fence. He would complain that my dogs had no water but even Animal Control could see the buckets full of water in my backyard. My daughter used to play with his kid but she would always come back hurt. I finally told her I couldn't allow her to play over there since she was coming home with scars and bruises. This is just the tip of the iceberg. My kids can't play outside and I would get stressed out driving home thinking I was going to get another visit from Animal Control. Granted every single claim has been unfounded and I have records of it but....the constant harassment and fear of these people have driven me out of my home.
Well that stinks, neighbors like these are the worst. I just moved from my apartment (lease ended) and I had a neighbor who would always have people over every weekend. It didn't bother me much but it drove the wife nuts. I'm guessing they had no money to go out so they stayed home. I'm lucky it was in an apartment only, if it were a house it would have been a war. It's not so easy to leave when it's a house.

Old 12-01-2008, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieloneil01 View Post
Are you sure you're not the bad neighbor?
Trust me.....I'm not. I'm quiet and mind my own. Someone can throw a party and/or their dog can bark all night.....I don't complain. One neighbor likes to take their car from their drive way and block the front of my house. I haven't done that to them and I quietly wait for them to remove their vehicle. I don't like confrontation so I try to be a peace-keeper. This means that I would rush home everyday, put my dogs in the house, and not allow my kids to play outside.

Old 12-01-2008, 03:33 PM

My lease is ending the last day of Dec so I've been paying for two houses for about two months so I wouldn't break my lease. I had to get away from them. I couldn't even play with my dogs in the backyard cuz if they got excited and started barking the complaining would start again. So far.....my new neighbors are great. I have made some friends at Animal Control though.....one officer stated she liked coming over to see my puppy. LOL! You know....one of the neighbors complained that my peach tree attracted birds so he said i needed to cut it down. He also mentioned that it appeared that the grass in my backyard was getting a little high so I needed to cut it. And when I mowed....he complained that I caused his allergies to act up. I just couldn't win.

Old 12-01-2008, 03:49 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,029,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard View Post
My lease is ending the last day of Dec so I've been paying for two houses for about two months so I wouldn't break my lease. I had to get away from them. I couldn't even play with my dogs in the backyard cuz if they got excited and started barking the complaining would start again. So far.....my new neighbors are great. I have made some friends at Animal Control though.....one officer stated she liked coming over to see my puppy. LOL! You know....one of the neighbors complained that my peach tree attracted birds so he said i needed to cut it down. He also mentioned that it appeared that the grass in my backyard was getting a little high so I needed to cut it. And when I mowed....he complained that I caused his allergies to act up. I just couldn't win.

LOL, sounded like it wasn't you if they always had something to blame you for. And paying for two houses is never fun.

Old 12-01-2008, 04:03 PM

Guess it was just my fault for being there. Let's see...if I got rid of the dogs, the trees, the kids....then maybe....just maybe....life would have been easier for them. Oh...and if I just made it to my mailbox before they did...maybe I could have actually received all of my mail.

Old 12-01-2008, 06:37 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,959,483 times
Alucard, they toss bones into your yard, and your animals get sick, why have you not reported this? Its a crime. Calling in a false police report is also a crime. Harassment is also a crime. You need to report these acts to the cops yourself. Also start a record of every action they take, and use it to sue them blind. Also get a restraining order to keep them away from you and your animals.

Tampering with mail is a Federal crime.. if any of this is true, you need to take action. They will do some serious time for tampering with the mail. If you can get a small video camera and place it watching your mail box and your fence to record the tossing of bones and tampering with the mail.. then contact the police and press charges. Also get a lawyer and sue them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso