Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 09:42 PM

2,625 posts, read 11,215,716 times

Advertisements

Celebrity gossip juicy celebrity rumors Hollywood gossip blog from Perez Hilton, two men were kicked out of chicos for kissing
Two men kissing kicked out of East Side Chico's Tacos - El Paso Times

Old 07-08-2009, 11:29 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,954,972 times
Video:
"Two of my friends actually were kissing....we went inside to eat our food and two security guards came and said that if they KEPT DOING THAT that they were going to throw us all out of the restaurant"
Carlos asked them why "...and they said that they don't allow that gay-stuff to go on here."

"the El Paso Police Department admits that the situation was not handled properly by a rookie police officer"
KVIA video

Old 07-08-2009, 11:57 PM

1,011 posts, read 2,830,296 times
Yeah, some people need to join the 21st century.

Old 07-09-2009, 09:25 AM

729 posts, read 2,066,634 times
No I disagree. There are families that frequent that establishment even at that hour. Children should not be exposed to that behavior. Homosexuality is not a normal behavior and should be performed in the privacy of the home. Gays whom perform PDA (public display of affection) are only showing off and want the whole world to see them.

I know if I was there I would politely asked them to stop. My kids do not know what homosexuality is and will not learn about it in public...especially through some flamboyant pair of gay men ( I am being as polite as I can be now). My kids will educated through bible scripture in that matter when they are old enough.

Get a room ladies (being polite again)!!

Old 07-09-2009, 10:47 AM

507 posts, read 2,061,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth from ELP View Post
No I disagree. There are families that frequent that establishment even at that hour. Children should not be exposed to that behavior. Homosexuality is not a normal behavior and should be performed in the privacy of the home. Gays whom perform PDA (public display of affection) are only showing off and want the whole world to see them.

I know if I was there I would politely asked them to stop. My kids do not know what homosexuality is and will not learn about it in public...especially through some flamboyant pair of gay men ( I am being as polite as I can be now). My kids will educated through bible scripture in that matter when they are old enough.

Get a room ladies (being polite again)!!

Agree, in part, w/ Smooth. Homo- or hetero-, there's a time and place for that. Gotta keep a lid on the lip locking and sword fights in public. Pretty obnoxious and flamboyant to think that the rest of the world wants to see that. If I had seen that as a child, it probably would've freaked me out.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:55 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,868,965 times
Right on, Smooth. That behavior is intolerable.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:13 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,954,972 times
They were asked to stop and they refused. If a heterosexual couple were being over-amorous I would expect security at a family restaurant to make the same request. The kids ditching school at McDonalds on Redd sometimes get a little bit too cuddly for my liking but I haven't seen tonguing, they don't go over the line, & do find an isolated booth.

http://kvia.com/Global/story.asp?S=1...5&nav=AbC0c6Xb

Old 07-09-2009, 12:27 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,264,045 times
Default How times have changed...

When I left El Paso in 1980, the security guards would not have had to get involved, that behaviour would have been taken care of another way if you know what I mean.

There was a certain machismo that was required, at least when I lived there, to go to Chico's late at night. I'll be honest, there were a bunch of scary looking dudes there, and most like me, had been drinking. The last thing I ever would have imagined back then was seeing men kissing. No way.

It is obvious what the two, or group were trying to do, and that is to engage in behaviour that sends a message to force acceptance. This always irks me, it happens all the time. I don't do anything about it personally because for me it is a matter of tolerance, vs acceptance. People should not mistake tolerance for acceptance. Last I remember, El Paso was mostly conservative in values, and what the guys did in public does not fit in with those values, they should do it in their own privacy.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:38 PM

730 posts, read 1,894,896 times
I don't know....if you walk around UTEP on any given day, lord knows how many male/female couples are laying on top of each other making out in a way that you would not want your kids to see either. On the couches in the library, the Union and even out on the grass areas. What they do is to me probably more objectionable because sometimes short of being naked, they might as well start going at it right there. Are they showing off also? Is extreme examples of PDA only wrong because the participants are gay? It's more preferable to expose your/our kids to a male/female couple practically rounding second base and heading to third in public than to see two men kissing in public?

Old 07-09-2009, 03:19 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,134,656 times
I like Gary's response. I don't care if it is a gay couple or a straight couple, I don't want to see either of them over-doing it in a public restaurant. I literally could not care less if someone is gay. Just don't shove it down my face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso