Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2013, 06:46 PM

3 posts, read 3,010 times

Advertisements

My boyfriend may be getting a job in El Paso. If we get married, I want to plan to finish nursing school at UTEP. How is the campus and school as a whole? Is the nursing school reputable? Also, what are your favorite areas to live? I have never been My boyfriend has, and he loves it. I am curious as to how it is different from Dallas. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2013, 08:53 AM

2,258 posts, read 3,493,722 times
It is very, very different from Dallas. First thing you will notice will be your beautiful lakes are missing here. As for neighborhoods, Kern is a popular area, but Sunset Heights is an undervalued gem with some beautiful homes in need of some TLC. Plus the area will be along the planned trolley route and near the baseball stadium being built. I'd check this area out as the rents are pretty low considering what you get for the price. Plus the residents are pretty progressive and young. Do you want to be able to walk/bike to nursing school, or is driving an option? What kind of things do you enjoy doing? This might give us a better idea.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:16 PM

Thanks!! Either one is fine really. I don't mind driving. Preferably no more than a 20 minute drive. That's about what I do right now. We like all sorts of stuff. I prefer shopping, and we usually like to go dancing at country clubs when we can. Are there any around there? We like outdoors stuff like camping and walking, and we would probably get into it a lot more if we moved there.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:19 PM

Oh and he's a big baseball fan so the new stadium would definitely catch his attention. haha

Old 02-09-2013, 05:41 AM

422 posts, read 1,294,664 times
Little Bit of Texas...on the West/Upper Valley of El Paso is a popular country dance spot

Little Bit of Texas - El Paso, TX | Bar & Club with Live Music & Dancing

your shopping needs will soon be satiated...the fountains at farah are schedule to open in October and there are more developments planned over the next few years...mostly focused on the east side and west side.

The Fountains at Farah

Old 02-09-2013, 01:28 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhope16 View Post
My boyfriend may be getting a job in El Paso. If we get married, I want to plan to finish nursing school at UTEP. How is the campus and school as a whole? Is the nursing school reputable? Also, what are your favorite areas to live? I have never been My boyfriend has, and he loves it. I am curious as to how it is different from Dallas. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Yes the nursing school is reputable. In my opinion, where you work should determine where you live because the traffic here is terrible and getting much worse, unless you enjoy spending your time sitting in traffic, if you work on the East side, you should live there, if you work on the West side you should live there. Plus the price of gas makes long commutes costy.

It's very different in almost every way from Dallas -- I would not live in Dallas myself but I would live here -- and do live here. The weather here is better, but you don't have the lakes and trees here. You're not going to go boating or swimming in a lake after work like you might over there. Culturally it's very different here, for the most part people here aren't into boating, camping, hiking, fishing like many are there.

It's very hard to predict who will like it and who will hate it here. You will hear people saying this is Hell Paso and they can't wait to leave but other people find they like the big open skies and sunshine every day and they really like it here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso